Just Picked It Up - Is This A Problem?

im00

Hi Guys

Well just picked it up and its treat to drive. Lovely and smooth and grippy as hell.

One niggle though.

There's a squeeking coming from behind me, it's very persistent and is kinda like a bit of plastic trim is rubbing against something or like a squeeky spring - at least, thats what it sounds like. This is spoiling my enjoyment of the engines note.

I can take the car back but its a 2 hour drive so if its a known fault (ie loose trim) I'd get it done locally and save the time/petrol/hassle.

Before I take it back any ideas?

Cheers in advance!

Assuming you have a coupe?

Check the little rubber posts on the tail gate and doors. pop a bit of lube on them. While your at it do all the seals with silicone grease.

Could be your rear drop links, these can be lubed with spray grease.

Move your seat forward a bit to eliminate that from rubbing on anything.

Took me ages to find where my squeak was coming from. :lol:

Hmmm...this is a strange one.

If I take the spare (space-saver) wheel out the squeeking stops but if I put it back...

Anyway, the noise sounds like the noise you'd expect to hear if polystyrene were squeeking. I see the tool kit is housed in something very similar but the spare wheel isn't touching it...

I'll have another grope about next weekend.

Thanks a million for all your input though chaps - it was very much appreciated and led to me scrutinising the boot for the culprit. Other than that, with the spare out the car is fantastic.

:thumbs:

I thought the rattle/squeak was due to the boot rubbers as well. But it was actually the four spare wheel nuts (made spare when replaced with locking wheel nuts) in the tool kit vibrating against each other. One I removed them, the rattle stopped.

Just got a minor squeak/rattle coming from the top/back of the dash left to cure.

Jim

Just got a minor squeak/rattle coming from the top/back of the dash left to cure.

Jim

Good luck with that. I eventually stuck a Alex Thompson Racing business card in between the dash and the screen and it cured that particular squeak when nothing else would. Zmanalex even fixes squeaks.

Jim

Good luck with that. I eventually stuck a Alex Thompson Racing business card in between the dash and the screen and it cured that particular squeak when nothing else would. Zmanalex even fixes squeaks.

Someone gave me some "Wonder Material" a while back. You put it on your dash and then place your sunglasses upon it. Apparently, no matter how hard you drive the sunglasses wont budge!

Since the 350 already has a place for my sunglasses, this material got folded up and shoved between the dash the screen. Now that squeak is nowhere to be heard, it truly is a "wonder material!"

Some days I get no squeaks and others it sounds like the mouse had babies :D

It's certainly a common issue. I've got the squeak coming from the dash but it's a little loose so that certainly contributing. It's an easy fix, just haven't got round to doing it. Also squeak from the rear strut/brace, which again sounds like the trim.

One thing I have noticed is that when it's winter it's more frequent, during the summer it doesn't really happen all that often and so would appear to be heat/cold expansion and contraction

Well, thats it!

I'm at a complete loss as to how to narrow down this squeek so its off to the local Nissan dealer at £100 per hour to get it sorted...unless...somebody knows where I can get the instructions to remove all of the trim in the boot (including the Polystyrene tool holder).

I downloaded the service manual but can't find the instructions in there either.

I've removed the spare wheel, pushed wedges between bits of plastic trim that seem to move in order to hold them firm but I'm clearly overlooking something and really need to get it all out and then re-install until I find out what it is thats making it squeek.

Cheers

Well, thats it!

I'm at a complete loss as to how to narrow down this squeek so its off to the local Nissan dealer at £100 per hour to get it sorted...unless...somebody knows where I can get the instructions to remove all of the trim in the boot (including the Polystyrene tool holder).

I downloaded the service manual but can't find the instructions in there either.

I've removed the spare wheel, pushed wedges between bits of plastic trim that seem to move in order to hold them firm but I'm clearly overlooking something and really need to get it all out and then re-install until I find out what it is thats making it squeek.

Cheers

It sounds like you have located your problem in the rear of the car, specifically the space saver. Please don't take it to Nissan, it will be a waste of your money.

Well, thats it!

Cheers

It sounds like you have located your problem in the rear of the car, specifically the space saver. Please don't take it to Nissan, it will be a waste of your money.

+1 - Best option is get someone from on here whio knows their way round the 350's and passenger you. Not sure where you are based, but if you let on then I am sure you will get some help and a drink comes an awful cheaper that £100 an hour. Might regret saying that as someone will say they can down more than £100's worth in an hour :doh: