Just Picked It Up - Is This A Problem?

im00

Well, thats it!

I'm at a complete loss as to how to narrow down this squeek so its off to the local Nissan dealer at £100 per hour to get it sorted...unless...somebody knows where I can get the instructions to remove all of the trim in the boot (including the Polystyrene tool holder).

I downloaded the service manual but can't find the instructions in there either.

I've removed the spare wheel, pushed wedges between bits of plastic trim that seem to move in order to hold them firm but I'm clearly overlooking something and really need to get it all out and then re-install until I find out what it is thats making it squeek.

Cheers

It sounds like you have located your problem in the rear of the car, specifically the space saver. Please don't take it to Nissan, it will be a waste of your money.

+1 - Best option is get someone from on here whio knows their way round the 350's and passenger you. Not sure where you are based, but if you let on then I am sure you will get some help and a drink comes an awful cheaper that £100 an hour. Might regret saying that as someone will say they can down more than £100's worth in an hour :doh:

Hi Chaps.

Unfortunately its not the space saver - I took this out and drove down the road but the noise is still there.

I live in the Horsham area of West Sussex.

Is it definatly internal?

If its just a piece of internal trim it could be a bugger to track down unless you can get it to squeek when stationary and you can listen round the car. When mine squeeked it was the drop links. But it did sound internal.

Try listening for it withthe windows down.

Eureka!

***FOUND IT***

But how to cure it?

Its the (silver) plastic cross-brace cover that has the 'Z' in the middle of it thats in the centre of the boot area. If I grip this (silver) cover and give it a shake (simulating the car moving) I get the exact same squeek.

Any ideas why this might be squeeking and/or how I remove this cover chaps?

Thanks for your attention so far guys.

I did a search and found this

viewtopic.php?f=35&t=22320&hilit=rear+strut+remove

as with how to stop it... :headhurt: i can only think try some sort of padding or some sort of sticky insulation foam (like used in windows) to try to stop it moving... Or would it be better increasing play to precent rubbing?

Good luck and be careful chap not to break anything :thumbs:

I'm glad you found it. I bet you feel relieved.

Use some foam draught excluder which has sticky tape on one side. It should provide enough resistance to hold it firmly in place against other items.

I'd also recommend using a plastic spatular to prise off the plastic rather than a screw driver. It's also possible to do it with just fingers but not as easily.

Eureka!

***FOUND IT***

But how to cure it?

Its the (silver) plastic cross-brace cover that has the 'Z' in the middle of it thats in the centre of the boot area. If I grip this (silver) cover and give it a shake (simulating the car moving) I get the exact same squeek.

Any ideas why this might be squeeking and/or how I remove this cover chaps?

Thanks for your attention so far guys.

Mine started squeeking there, one minute no squeek, next minute loud squeek. I removed the surrounding upholstery clips and the clips underneath the brace, twiddled it for a few seconds, put the clips back and it vanished.

Pete

I'd also recommend using a plastic spatular to prise off the plastic rather than a screw driver. It's also possible to do it with just fingers but not as easily.

Also helps having the engine on for a bit to warm the car up- flexible trim panels are easier to remove and less likely to crack :thumbs: