The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Intruder discovered in the bathroom last night :scare: . No idea where this one has come from, only 5 houses within a mile of me and none of them has a cat. Nearest farm is a mile and a bit away so guess it could have come from there. Obviously not a feral, he's in pretty good shape and not that scared of me, maybe he's been dumped or has just wandered off. He was here again tonight so he must like it around here and he's kinda cute :lol:

P1016569_zps2rhpbftv.jpg

Pete

Intruder discovered in the bathroom last night :scare: . No idea where this one has come from, only 5 houses within a mile of me and none of them has a cat. Nearest farm is a mile and a bit away so guess it could have come from there. Obviously not a feral, he's in pretty good shape and not that scared of me, maybe he's been dumped or has just wandered off. He was here again tonight so he must like it around here and he's kinda cute :lol:

P1016569_zps2rhpbftv.jpg

Pete

He's heard yer a soft touch Pete :hug:
  • Like 2

Nismo is awesome and Mcloving has some epic sleeping positions :lol: glad hes ok now

He sleeps like that all the time. On his back, spread out. Proper hogs the bottom of the bed if he sleeps horizontal lol.

Thanks. He's back to his usual ankle swatting self.

• 2 weeks later...

Name: Riley

Make: K9

Model: German Shepherd

Name: June-Bug (I wanted to call her Rogue)

Make: Fe-line

Model: Naughty Torty

Awww. Brilliant pic. I had a GS growing up and he was absolutely amazing. GS's are in my opinion, the best dog you can have.

Loyal. Fiercely protective. Super intelligent. Empathic. Gentle. Very loving. Funny. Goofy.

• Like 1

I am getting closer................to cat ownership.

Today I visited a local and recommended Rescue Centre and found a male Grey Moggie. He came in as a stray, but had been found by people who were feeding him for a few weeks. He sits mainly in his closed bed, happily takes effection but rarely comes out so i am told. He came straight out for me and sat with me for 30 minutes !!! He does not like children or men but is not an angry cat and would only wander off to find his own space. They reckon with time this might change anyway.

So, I have reserved him (Bakora), to have a think for a few days to be sure I am making the right decision. He is micro chipped, neutered, wormed not vacinated - this would need doing as they have no way of telling if he has previoulsy been vacinated. His coat is a little scruffy and dusty. I am told by both the Rescue home and the Pet shop this is normal in this kind of enviroment and would change quickly at home.

I went to the Doctors in the week to check/confirm I could take anti histermine daily if needed. - sometimes I seem to have allergies and other times not. Check - that's fine.

So I have now been and spent nearly £90 on a Cat Litter tray, cat litter, wet and dry food, brush, toys and scratching post.

A few nights sleep to confirm I am making the right decision, then a home visit by the Rescue centre to check I am a suitable candidate !!

Eek !!! :)

• Like 5

Roscoe, great looking labs there. How do Roxy get along with Bo?

We have a 3 year old female choc lab and we've been considering getting her a playmate, not necessarily another lab but whenever we have dogs come visit she just never leaves them alone even when both are exhausted.

• Like 1

Fodder - Yes, I am thinking he is in with a good chance. :lol:

Regardless, I was buying all the cat items today regardless of which cat I end up choosing. :p:stir:

They are all basic items and the Pet shop said they were happy to take any back if I did opt not to take this cat, so seemed sensible to be prepared and have worked out where everything will live - ideally of course, I appreciate this may change. :lol:

• Like 1

Roscoe, great looking labs there. How do Roxy get along with Bo?

We have a 3 year old female choc lab and we've been considering getting her a playmate, not necessarily another lab but whenever we have dogs come visit she just never leaves them alone even when both are exhausted.

Roxy has taken to her straight from the off. There was probably a day or two when we first got Bo that she was a bit sceptical.

But 3 months on they get on very well! Bo even learns from what Roxy does so not too much training is needed either!

We have always loved Labradors.

Have always had them growing up never any issues! Great family dogs and very loving!

• 2 weeks later...

Hi Guys,

My GF's dogs are in a digital dog competition, if you have Facebook and feel like voting for them then please like this photo (it should be of 2 dogs with fairy wings, if not then please let me know I've posted the wrong thing!):

Thanks,

Haydn.

Hi all,

Well, I am now the proud owner of 'Kimi', a 4 - 5 year old grey and white moggy (renamed from Bakora - as he did not answer to it.). Yes, the one I went to see 2 weeks ago.

Fodder obvioulsy knows more about these things than me - he knew I was going to have him before I did !!!

I would have uploaded some photo's - but it says my files are too big and I don't know how to change them to fit. They currently are about 7.22 MB. I would appreciate if someone can guide me please.

So Day 1 he hid behind the sofa and I had to drag him out and show him around occasionaly.

He would sit on the chair beneath the table and allow me to stroke him, obvioulsy this was me sitting beneath the dining table and getting a kink in my neck at the same time !!!

Day 3 - he strolls around like he owns he place. He follows me everywhere, albeit he sits on the hallway carpet watchig me in the kitchen as I think the floor is too cold for his delicate paws !! Softy !!

He has a strange habit of when walking always stretching out his paws to reveal his claws, but does not scratch anything that I can see - including the scratching post i bought him !!!

He likes his ball toys and loves attention.

I have had to remind myself several times - this is my house and my rules and this cat does not rule me !!!

Already in 6 days his coat is healthier and today he visited the vets for his vacinations, a check up and nail clipping he did not seem to mind any of it - well apart from the journey - i think the K1 exhaust might be a bit loud for him !!!

Hopefully I can upload some photo's soon.

• Like 2

^^ Great stuff Wendy. ;)

Best way to post pictures imo is to use Photobucket - free to join/use etc and is very forum friendly for posting any size of pictures.

Link: http://s273.photobucket.com/

Guide to posting pictures via Photobucket here: http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/53047-how-to-post-pictures-via-photobucket/

:thumbs: