The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Hi all,

Well, I am now the proud owner of 'Kimi', a 4 - 5 year old grey and white moggy (renamed from Bakora - as he did not answer to it.). Yes, the one I went to see 2 weeks ago.

Fodder obvioulsy knows more about these things than me - he knew I was going to have him before I did !!!

I would have uploaded some photo's - but it says my files are too big and I don't know how to change them to fit. They currently are about 7.22 MB. I would appreciate if someone can guide me please.

So Day 1 he hid behind the sofa and I had to drag him out and show him around occasionaly.

He would sit on the chair beneath the table and allow me to stroke him, obvioulsy this was me sitting beneath the dining table and getting a kink in my neck at the same time !!!

Day 3 - he strolls around like he owns he place. He follows me everywhere, albeit he sits on the hallway carpet watchig me in the kitchen as I think the floor is too cold for his delicate paws !! Softy !!

He has a strange habit of when walking always stretching out his paws to reveal his claws, but does not scratch anything that I can see - including the scratching post i bought him !!!

He likes his ball toys and loves attention.

I have had to remind myself several times - this is my house and my rules and this cat does not rule me !!!

Already in 6 days his coat is healthier and today he visited the vets for his vacinations, a check up and nail clipping he did not seem to mind any of it - well apart from the journey - i think the K1 exhaust might be a bit loud for him !!!

Hopefully I can upload some photo's soon.

You've got it all back to front. You didn't chose him, he chose you! This is where we knew he was going to live with you:

He sits mainly in his closed bed, happily takes effection but rarely comes out so i am told. He came straight out for me and sat with me for 30 minutes !!!

Now I have no idea how they know, but sometimes a cat does just know who his next pet human will be. There is something very special about being chosen like that :)

As for who's house it is, I'll let you work that one out as the days go past ;)

• Like 1

Info for Cat Owners - Resorptive Dental Lesions

Never heard of these until recently but I thought I'd share our recent experience with the many people on here who love their moggies.

We took our fluffy buddy, Sonny, to the vet for an unrelated issue recently. She checked his teeth and showed us some small red areas on two of them. They were "Resorptive Lesions" which are apparently very painful and a surprisingly common issue with cats. All you coud see was a small red area on the tooth itself.

You can read the link to get the full explanation but the important thing to note is that Sonny was showing no signs of discomfort and eating fine. (Another thing I have learnt from reading about this issue is that cats can be in a lot of pain but will not show it.) Anyway, he's had the offending teeth removed and a course of antibiotics, and is now doing fine.

So my suggestion would be check your cats' teeth regularly and take them to the vet for a check up if you notice any redness around the edges of the teeth. These things get much worse and can cause agony if left untreated.

Here the link and a picture of Sonny - my best buddy :D

http://www.avds-onli...inelesions.html

f4f2623aaed22243106c07db073ad08d_zpsax4ciht0.jpg

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 4

Great news Wendy. I knew you would as soon as you said you had purchased various items.

Decision has been made even if your conscious wasn't telling you that :lol:

Looking forward to pictures!

Great photo of Oscar there. You do need to be careful about encouraging them to sit up like that as it can cause issues with hips and back. If he does it without encouragement then I wouldn't worry but thought I'd mention it.

• Like 1

Just got back from the vets, where I've said goodbye to Geldof. She had a massive tumour on her face that was very much beyond treatment, so I made the call to keep her out of pain.

I feel so empty right now, it hurts like crazy. Going to miss her so much. :(

Gelly.jpg

Night night princess.

• Like 1

Hate to see any pet being put down, especially cats. Sorry to read that Dan, was she the same puss that was in your BMW parts delivery box the other day?

I have had to have acat put down before... it's horrible so my thoughts are with you.

• Like 2

Your bottom drawer needs a clean mate ;)

Edit: Nope, can't upload photos of my 2 kittens - grrrr :(

You'll have to use your imagination. 1 x tortoiseshell and 1 x long-haired tabby, both 5 mths old....haven't been in the fridge yet, have been in the tumble dryer though.

Edited by Kraziekatz1
  • Like 1

We've had a really bad run with pets the past 2 years. We lost our Jap Akita (13 yrs) in 2014....that really hurt, in fact I've said no more dogs....you get way to attached to them :( We lost 2 cats within 6 mths of each other (Guinness, I'd had from a kitten in 1994, and Flea was a pet rescue cat so was never sure how old she was). Then late last year we lost Mr Orange, 18 mth ginger tomcat, died of a punctured lung after a fight with a fox.....he was a real character. Anyway, fingers crossed with our 2 new trouble makers!

We've had a really bad run with pets the past 2 years. We lost our Jap Akita (13 yrs) in 2014....that really hurt, in fact I've said no more dogs....you get way to attached to them :( We lost 2 cats within 6 mths of each other (Guinness, I'd had from a kitten in 1994, and Flea was a pet rescue cat so was never sure how old she was). Then late last year we lost Mr Orange, 18 mth ginger tomcat, died of a punctured lung after a fight with a fox.....he was a real character. Anyway, fingers crossed with our 2 new trouble makers!

That's some rough times. Im sure all will go well with your new family members. :)

Edited by sipar69
  • Like 1