The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Little Bella is growing up fast and loves the bath.....hates water but loves a dry empty bath....

E347E806-C1F9-4E7E-BB88-E47505DA8B02_zpskpmihk0c.jpg

And she sits like this all the time..... "Tell me Ed, tell me of that one time you drifted around that roundabout like a boss"...

8CC2A2AA-3A78-4EC7-8E12-25C4EF4F5131_zpslbpoomz4.jpg

• Like 5

Aha, i can join in with this thread now!

We bought our first puppy about 3 weeks ago! Whilst we got him at Christmas it doesnt mean he's a Christmas pup... it just coincided with me being off work for nearly 3 weeks.

It's been a tough time house training him but we're getting there. Another couple of weeks though and we should be sorted.

He's a Cocker Spaniel and Miniature Poodle cross (Cockapoo). We've really struggled to name him... have tried about 4-5 names since we've had him but the only one that has seemed to stick is Diggy, short for Diego. I dont love it, but my wife is happy!

IMG_4101_zpspwnnalho.jpg

IMG_4105_zpsamstpyp2.jpg

IMG_4099_zpsxjpjbstu.jpg

• Like 8

He is a beauty Chris! All fun and games house training and as each week passes it gets easier.

Was really tough the first few months with Dexter, getting up every so many hours to take him out etc. Picked him up a year ago yesterday, not sure where the time has gone to :shrug:

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

He is a beauty Chris! All fun and games house training and as each week passes it gets easier.

Was really tough the first few months with Dexter, getting up every so many hours to take him out etc. Picked him up a year ago yesterday, not sure where the time has gone to :shrug:

Sent from my D6503 using Tapatalk

Cheers dude. Yep we definitely underestimated how hard it was going to be!

I've fitted a dog flap in the back door and he's already using that which is great, but he still goes inside too, which we need to work on.

I have just come back from 10 days away and had to book Kimi into the Cat Hotel while I was gone.

While this was very plush and I took in his toys and mirror (Yes - mirror - he loves looking at himself (What a Boy ?? !!!! ;):lol: )

I felt awful about it and thought of him loads. I know right softy !

Anyway, unlike any other cat I have ever known, he was all over me when I got him home, so loving, so demanding attention and not at all cross. I can only think having been in a Rescue home for 4 months, then with me only for 3 months, he was afraid he was being abandoned. Poor love, he has also not been 100% since home, just 2 days, he seems to have got himself into a bit of a state (nerves - I reckon) and has a slightly upset tummy which I hope settles just as quickly.

Yes, I know - photo's are still needed of my handsome chap !!! :lol:

• Like 3

@marzman great looking pup. As for toilet training it does seem all of a sudden to click. I remember how stressed my OH got with Hetti thinking we were doing something wrong but the best tip I can give and this goes for ALL training and that's be consistent with commands and hand signals. The latter is really important especially when they may not be able to hear you for whatever reason.

@Wendy I'm so glad you took that leap of faith and adopted him, he sounds a soul mate already :)

As for leaving them we also feel guilty however we've been fortunate to find a fully licensed home boarding family that we had great feelings about as soon as we met them, Hetti can't wait to get out of the car when we pull up and she has a whale of a time. We still wonder what she's up to all through our holiday mind :lol:

• Like 2

Here are two of my pets. I have two staffs but decided to be a bit different dea48fc6c4f602be4a65ca8b3285193e.jpgf9b0f9155a0fcf2db5f716b719066bea.jpg

These are Doris and Alan my two black diamond x leopoldi stingray. Still quite young at the moment and loads of growing to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coolest pets ever! Tell me more? What are they like to keep? Etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Little Bella is growing up fast and loves the bath.....hates water but loves a dry empty bath....

Yeah, one of our bengals, Phoebe, likes the bath too, difference is she likes water :)

P1016697_zpsl7i2qikv.jpg

Pete

• Like 2

Here are two of my pets. I have two staffs but decided to be a bit different dea48fc6c4f602be4a65ca8b3285193e.jpgf9b0f9155a0fcf2db5f716b719066bea.jpg

These are Doris and Alan my two black diamond x leopoldi stingray. Still quite young at the moment and loads of growing to do

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Coolest pets ever! Tell me more? What are they like to keep? Etc...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

They are awesome. You do need a big tank and massive filtration due to the size they grow to. You have to be careful of their barbs too as ( you'd be surprised how many people don't realize) they are venomous and there is no antidote.

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk

• 2 weeks later...

And she sits like this all the time..... "Tell me Ed, tell me of that one time you drifted around that roundabout like a boss"...

8CC2A2AA-3A78-4EC7-8E12-25C4EF4F5131_zpslbpoomz4.jpg

Out British shorthairs love the bathtub too, very odd!

I wish our 2 (brother & sister) would cuddle up ...... They barely tolerate each other and will swipe out as one is passing ..... Just because

Sigh .....siblings

Yeah, they are so unpredictable. We took in a feral cat and its 2 kittens some 16 years ago and they always got on really well but its a different story with our bengals. Both the kittens get on well but the mother can get quite aggressive towards them, but dad tolerates them quite well.

Pete

• 4 weeks later...

Have a new addition to the family as of 4 weeks ago.

She's called Taz. Part Bengal part British Short Hair.

She has tons of character. Mischievous lol.

It was a bit of a gamble as I didn't know how the other cat would react to her.

Luckily he loves her to bits. They chase each other like lunatics! He's very gentle with her when he catches her. He just pins her down and licks her lol.

They always sleep together too.

20160207_134558_zpsa2ews0ma.jpg

20160216_214833_zpsfrpcsqsc.jpg

Edited by TT350
  • Like 5