The 350z-uk PET thread!

Stew

Yep defrost before feeding.

That was an interesting conversation with my Mrs

We're having a snake and btw were keeping dead mice in the freezer!!

Surprisingly she was ok with it!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Was tempted to get a Cat....our cat died over 10 years ago.

I want a Savannah cat, by my Mrs is not so keen......

its the thought of sticking a "beware of the cat" sign on the front door makes me chuckle

if i can find a dcent pic i'll post

• 2 weeks later...

I thought I'd share this pic of Bronx and Brooklyn...believe it or not they're actually asleep in this pic but it looks like they're brawling!

12105823_10154339272515021_256377456305879995_n.jpg?oh=9cfd0c87f231f31b07448a0fc4d2f1f2&oe=568E4553

10 house points awarded to whoever can tell me what car seats this pair have claimed as theirs!

So sorry to hear about your girl Dan :( I've actually got a bit of wet eye from reading that post! On a happier note I'm delighted to report that I have the same Samsung fridge/freezer as you ;)

So many great pets on here - I love this thread. Even the sad posts are heart-warming yet bitter-sweet.

S.

• Like 4

its the thought of sticking a "beware of the cat" sign on the front door makes me chuckle

Do it! Get one! As I'm a bit mad I was looking at Ocicats online recently but the £5k cost PLUS the £2k dangerous wind animal licence but me off :lol: and that's before having to empty the local butchers on a weekly basis.

S.

Edited by Squee
  • Like 1

That's great picture of those two, they look so comfortable :wub:

Three weeks today she went, still hurts like mad. I picked her ashes up on Friday, the box has "Gone from our touch, but never from our hearts" on it, which I really like.

And congrats on awesome fridge choice! :D

• Like 1

Do it! Get one! As I'm a bit mad I was looking at Ocicats online recently but the £5k cost PLUS the £2k dangerous wind animal licence but me off :lol: and that's before having to empty the local butchers on a weekly basis.

S.

You don't need a licence to keep a Savannah unless its a first generation (F1) hybrid or second generation (F2). The popularity of Savannah's has blossomed in the last couple of years and with a lot of cat breeders switching to Savannah's the price has significantly dropped, not an awful lot more than a Bengal actually. As recently as 2008 all Bengals had to be licensed but only F1's and F2's are required to be licensed now. The same applies to all breeds of domesticated cats that are bred from exotic wild cats.

Keeping a Savannah would mean it would probably have to be the only cat in the house (unless you have another Savannah) and you'd never be able to let it out alone, although from what I've read it would need to be exercised on a lead just like a dog :lol: . They do make great and loyal pets though, in a way they are quite doglike

Edit

Savannah kittens are usually in the £800-1,000 range , F1 and F2's 2k upwards. Bengal kittens as low as £350 and as high as £1,200 for a show kitten. After reading up about Savannah's it would appear that they can be pretty destructive at times. In The States where the breed originated most of them are declawed which is illegal in The U.K and even before it became illegal 99% of vets wouldn't do it.

Pete

Edited by JetSet

The pink chair is his preferred throne, but he didn't want to look a dick, so moved onto the settee

.........unfortunately forgetting to remove the crocs first! :lol:

:angry: :angry: there's nothing wrong with my "slippers" ............. about the other thing ... no comment :blush:

• Like 1