New Civic Type-R

Ekona

^Yeh, that's a good looking, sporty looking car, even if you might end up getting your postman putting your letters in the exhaust. The Type R should have been this, at least it has 2 doors as well. Another fail, Type R should not have 4 doors.

Edited by Aashenfox

I think that new Honda Civic Type R looks really good.

The lines follow the flow of the body and give the car an aggressive racing pedigree look. The designers have done a great job of, ....*chuckles* :lol:

...no I can't do it. This car is a f***in' mess and even the performance is gash. I mean come on my 08' S3 would beat this thing in a drag race and look better doing it. What have Honda done! :doh:

This new R looks horrific, cannot quite believe its from the same company that has made the NSX.

It looks like they did the homer simpson school of car design, asked a bunch of 10 year old what they wanted and went with it....The new Civic in standard form actually looks alright, but this thing is an utter mess.

the-homer-inline4.jpg

• Like 2

The Pulsar doesnt look that special in real life

Not crazy about the big plastic pieces on the rear but if it drives as well as is suggested its going to be a good seller , some nice features on the normal civic so seems well thought out

My local dealer told me that the Nismo version of the pulsar was now not going ahead when I enquired.

Brain fart was thinking about the Nismo Note

• Like 1

The front (grill, scoop, lights etc) reminds me a lot of a Subaru WRX which isn't a bad thing in my opinion.

2014-Subaru-WRX-STI-Facelift.jpg

Its just the rear that kills it for me, its too fussy and whats with the big sections of plastic effect mesh?

Edited by Sargara

Always makes me laugh when a product is aimed at a market that either can't use or can't afford it. Only a 19-25 year old is not going to feel like a plonker getting out of it, and very few people in that age group could reasonably afford to buy it, let alone insure it.

"Can't" is the wrong word. They shouldn't be able to afford it, but instead they live at home, get it on finance and rack up some nice debt. ;)

fde850a8d7975ade7a43cad2d2cae651.png

How did it compare with the other similar hot-hatches?

Aren't the new Type-Rs supposed to be the fastest FWD production cars round The Ring?

Aren't the new Type-Rs supposed to be the fastest FWD production cars round The Ring?

Nope, the stripped out Golf R thing on Cup2s is atm.

Ah right, got it the wrong way round. That's the circuit the Civic isn't fastest, but it holds the record for a load of others.