New Civic Type-R

Ekona

2017-civic-type-r-front-angled.jpg

2017-civic-type-r-rear-angled.jpg

320hp, 295ft/lb, 0-60 5.7secs.

And just about the ugliest hatch we've ever seen grace the market. I'm not sure what's worse, that messy front bumper assembly or that hysterically shaped triple exhaust :lol: :lol:

Man, that is seriously ugly. They didn't just raid the parts bin for various things to stick to it, they decided to drop it into the skip outside and see what hooked on. Who the hell signed that off?!

• Like 4

Always makes me laugh when a product is aimed at a market that either can't use or can't afford it. Only a 19-25 year old is not going to feel like a plonker getting out of it, and very few people in that age group could reasonably afford to buy it, let alone insure it.

And another thing...it looks the same size an accord.

And you're right, it looks like they've tried to supply 'everything' a tuner would do...let's see...

Lairy bumpers, oh yeh... Side step side skirts, check! Vented wings, check! Big gay spoiler, check! Centre exhaust with abstract number of exits of different sizes, check! LED chrome lights, check! Red pin stripe, check! Vented bonnet, check!

Even the ricers are going to hate this car, as it's been pre-riced, there's nothing more they can do!

• Like 1

Yea that's nasty.

Must say tho, I've drove the 2016 Type R and loved it, very impressive car from a handling/performance perspective.

Yeh, that's the only thing you can say really, there has still not been a 'bad' Type R. Even the much maligned FN2 drives very sharp.

• Like 2

2017-civic-type-r-front-angled.jpg

2017-civic-type-r-rear-angled.jpg

320hp, 295ft/lb, 0-60 5.7secs.

And just about the ugliest hatch we've ever seen grace the market. I'm not sure what's worse, that messy front bumper assembly or that hysterically shaped triple exhaust :lol: :lol:

Man, that is seriously ugly. They didn't just raid the parts bin for various things to stick to it, they decided to drop it into the skip outside and see what hooked on. Who the hell signed that off?!

Those surely cannot be the official pics from Honda??

The Pulsar doesnt look that special in real life

Not crazy about the big plastic pieces on the rear but if it drives as well as is suggested its going to be a good seller , some nice features on the normal civic so seems well thought out

The Pulsar doesnt look that special in real life

Not crazy about the big plastic pieces on the rear but if it drives as well as is suggested its going to be a good seller , some nice features on the normal civic so seems well thought out

My local dealer told me that the Nismo version of the pulsar was now not going ahead when I enquired.

What is going on at Honda these days? They've made some great cars over the years, with amazing engines and virtually unrivalled reliability.

But...................... wtf is going on in their design dept? 😱

No-one is buying their cars any more, they're all off buying either the better driving Ford, the cheaper Kia or the more premium Audi. So they're trying to make their cars stand out, so you go "Ooh, I saw a Honda today!" rather than "Oh, that was a Honda? Looks like a bland sh*tbox to me".

Unfortunately, they haven't quite figured out that 'stand out' does not equal 'sandpaper for the eyeballs please'.

• Like 1

The beauty of the early Type R's was that looked fairly standard to the unknowing. Not a pretty car, but quick. Compared with some of the rivals they always looked bland to some people (I personally liked them). The base car this time though I think has started out ugly, with the back end of a Prius.

I think its the height of the tail gate and overly shallow sloping rear window. I'm sure it's aerodynamically efficient, but I personally never think of it as pretty. There are uglier cars though lol

Cue Nissan execs scrambling for a black sheet to cover that up :lol:

Looks worse in red.

^ why would Nissan cover up a Honda?

But even the mid spec UK Civic i think looks OTT

The USDM Si 2 door i can deal with mind.

2018-Honda-Civic-Si-rear-view.jpg

Edited by davey_83