New Civic Type-R

Ekona

tg track is a flat smooth circuit, no lumps or bumps, no real off camber corners, it bears about as much resemblance to the real world as driving around on the grass

It's actually quite rough compared to a road but anyway...let's say the 'ring is a more realistic simulation of road conditions, I have no issue with that, and I still say that TG test track provides a MUCH better indication of relative performance of cars in my opinion. I return yet again to the fact that there can only be 1000 drivers in all the world that will consistently lap the same times on an 8 minute lap. When the variation in position on the chart is over 100 positions (perhaps a minor exaggeration) for every 10 seconds of said 8 minute lap, you are looking at a COMPLETELY worthless piece of statistical data, that's all I'm saying.

I'll go with the last thing you said 'a very foggy, rough indication'.

Edited by Aashenfox

• 2 weeks later...

Having just seen the new Honda Civic S this morning (also in white), I have to say that the car does have more road presence then your typical German hatch; instead of clean lines there is so much going on plus they are (and will continue to be) less of a daily sight on the road

I can imagine the Type R would be even more so ; as someone else mentioned it really is a 25 yr olds wet dream lol

• 2 weeks later...

One of the guys at work has one in red. I can't decide whether or not it's trying too hard but I think I'd look daft in it, being in my forties. It certainly grabs your attention though and he rates it very highly. He came from an EP3 he had for 200,000 miles and he says it's night and day better all round.

I think it's fantastic, everyone should have one. PM me if you want to buy one. Demo being released in late June/ July if anyone wants a test drive ;)

Someone works in Sales at a Honda dealer. :lol: Fair play to you man, I'd do it. :)

1:45 the question everyone was wondering lol

The current Type R is a bit of a weapon, Car throttle races his e46 m3 against the FK2 type R on a track which is interesting to watch.

The FK2 running 306bhp on continentals will happily spin its tyres up once boost kicks in, in the dry, in a straight line. It can be quite a handful.

I know of somebody who took his FK2 straight from the dealership to the nurburgring. I'm not sure how many laps he done, but he certainly melted the tyres! Needed new ones after the first week of ownership.

It's just too much like an alien training shoe, don't get me wrong, I know it's fast, and clever, and I have so much love and respect for Honda, but there ain't no way I'm letting someone see me getting out of that. Those tyres are NUTS as well, 20" wheels on a hatchback? One pothole your tyre and rim are both dead. What are those tyres anyway, 25 sidewall?

Edited by Aashenfox

• 3 weeks later...

Of course no doubt "shenanigans" will be claimed again given "representative of production specification" statement but cant blame them for fitting a roll cage really

Still very impressive for a fwd car and great to see the development

For me as well this is a "false" result. If you want to chase time than well use a serial production car for that purpose. Unless you plan to sell a Civic with a roll cage fitted, no AC, speakers and seats.

Hat's down to Alfa Romeo their lad took completely serial car in short pants and did record time

Sent from my SM-G850F using Tapatalk

Just seen this post...new civics are...howlin' ... seen a normal new.civic today and they just look a mess. Fussy and the front just jars out. I wasnt a huge fan of the 'bubble shaped' civic original (fn2?) But miles better than this thing

Sent from my SM-G925F using Tapatalk