Is it worth "upgrading" to the 370z

secretstar07979

Ok, I've had my 350z for a few months now and I love it however my local garage has a new yellow 370z in (GT model) and I'm seriously tempted to upgrade.

The 370z however is £14000. It's a lot of money......my question are as follows: Are the 370's noticeably quicker than the 350. I know they pack 30 or 40 more break but does that actually translate to a much faster ride than a 03 350?

Is the interior superior to the 350. Are they about the same consumption? Are there better sports car available for 14k? Anything else I should know?

I think this 370 is a 2010 model. Auto too I think? I presume that means its triptronic?

I'm tempted to take it out for a test drive but I don't want to do this unless I'm serious about swopping.....and at the moment I'm just pondering.

Thanks guys

Edited by secretstar07979

There are quite a few on here who have made the switch and very happy :)

There are loads of cars out there with that budget and imho unless your desperate to stay Japanese I just dont think they are twice the car the 350 is so I couldnt justify spending twice the money. I am not saying they arent a decent upgrade by the way, just not the bargain that a 350z is.

If i had 14k burning a hole in my pocket and wanted something road focused not track focused like my vx220 my money would go to a 135i and Ekona will be along shortly to tell a Cayman is the one to buy, even though he drives a 6 series ;)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 5

After selling my 350z to buy our house, I returned with a 370z. Absolutely great car! Not that much between them power wise, but mine felt a bit sharper.

Interior is a different league! Much nicer place to be.

Can't comment on the auto box as mine was manual.

Ekona will be along shortly to tell a Cayman is the one to buy, even though he drives a 6 series ;)

:lol: :lol:

• Like 1

I love them both and will probably get a 370. Ive been to view loads of them and had a few drives. Massive improvement in interior quality and more up to date features. The only negative I found was rear visibility but it's not enough to put me off them as my other vehicle is a van with no rear visibility at all :)

Take it for a spin and see what you think. Personally I preferred the looks of my 350z, and mine was the HR so very little in it performance wise, but if yours is a 2003 model then you`ll notice a difference. The interior was one area which I felt was a massive improvement on the 370z. It really made even my face lifted 350z look very dated. The auto box was great if you used it as a manual, but as an auto it annoyed me. For example, if you were cruising at 60 the booted it, rather than drop it to 3rd, it would drop it to 2nd then change up to 3rd at 62mph or something which to me seemed madness. (it was a while ago, so my memory of the gears/speeds is probably wrong but you get the idea).

14k is a lot of money, but its more about the depreciation rather than the cost. What will it be worth in 2 years time? I paid 16k for my 350z and after 18 months it was only worth 10k

Edited by rabbitstew
  • Like 2

I agree with Rabbitstew, you need to take one for a spin!

I moved from a 350HR to a 370, so I haven't really noticed any difference in performance.

The difference I do like is the interior, its just a nicer place to be :)

I'm in exactly the same situation only worse, My 350z is an 04 import but only have 29k miles on it and is probably worth 4-5k and i'm trying to justify spending 10k more on almost the same car and generally with more mileage on it.

My heart says do it and my head says i'd be stupid just wasting 10k.

Often wonder why people dont just get stuck in with the test drives and then buy the car they like best - IIRC before I bought my 135i I drove 370Z, RS4, Focus RS, IS-F, M3, XFR, every single N54/55 engined BMW out there, Cayman, 997, 996, Golf GTi ........... the list goes on.

As well as getting the right car for you, you can also bore everyone to death when they mention a new car as you have already driven them all :lol:

• Like 3

Often wonder why people dont just get stuck in with the test drives and then buy the car they like best - IIRC before I bought my 135i I drove 370Z, RS4, Focus RS, IS-F, M3, XFR, every single N54/55 engined BMW out there, Cayman, 997, 996, Golf GTi ........... the list goes on.

As well as getting the right car for you, you can also bore everyone to death when they mention a new car as you have already driven them all :lol:

What did you think of the IS-F?

Looks wise I do prefer the 350 but I'm more interested in the drive. I'll book a test drive...the garage is literally only up the road so I may as well.

Dealers (except Ferrari etc) are usually more than happy to let anyone test drive cars, even those with zero intent to buy. There's a chance you may decide to buy or at least pass on a positive recommendation to others. Don't feel guilty :thumbs:

Edited by Strudul

Ive called Porsche and Bentley in the morning and been driving cars there a couple of hours later, not tried Ferrari yet but that sounds like a challenge :lol:

IS-F - I really, really liked it. It performed fairly similarly to the M3 but was more of an event, much nicer inside and just a bit more exciting. Probably not as good on the limit, also the one I drove had e-diff where the later cars were mechanical diffs which recent experience tells me makes a lot of difference. The XFR was probably my favourite of that bunch but Im not old enough to drive a Jag yet, would have gone for the Lexus but couldnt find one in budget :)

Ive called Porsche and Bentley in the morning and been driving cars there a couple of hours later, not tried Ferrari yet but that sounds like a challenge :lol:

IS-F - I really, really liked it. It performed fairly similarly to the M3 but was more of an event, much nicer inside and just a bit more exciting. Probably not as good on the limit, also the one I drove had e-diff where the later cars were mechanical diffs which recent experience tells me makes a lot of difference. The XFR was probably my favourite of that bunch but Im not old enough to drive a Jag yet, would have gone for the Lexus but couldnt find one in budget :)

I've heard Ferrari are very elitist with who they will sell to, never mind who they let test drive. Every other manufacturer pales in comparison and they'd regard Porsche and Bentley as cars for plebs. ;)

Was considering an IS-F or XKR in a few years, but I think after driving a Z, I'm more fond of the low-slung sporty coupe over a family sedan. Lexus is definitely the best interior, features and comfort, but they apparently lack the sportiness and handling of the M3.

Jag isn't that much of an old man brand anymore and definitely not compared to Lexus which is for those really ancient guys over 40. :bleh:

Edited by Strudul

I've heard Ferrari are very elitist with who they will sell to, never mind who they let test drive. Every other manufacturer pales in comparison and they'd regard Porsche and Bentley as cars for plebs. ;)

Not sure who you have been speaking to but its very far from the truth, Ferrari will sell to anyone who has the money, why wouldnt they, (unless its ltd edition low numbers i.e Enzo etc), they even bent over backwards to try and get the best price on a trade in with a mate on his Bentley Supersport, i was with him, they literally couldnt have been more helpful ;)