Is it worth "upgrading" to the 370z

secretstar07979

No, not at all, S1000RR was released in 09 with full rider aids. Only point I was ever trying to make was that bikes do everything a car can do and more, they don't "just go fast in a straight line" as it has been put on this thread.

If you comparing the best road bikes, you have to pitch them against the best road cars (price aside) and the car wins both in straight line and on track.

Never rode a bike, but been in and seen many tuned car stick with or beat sports bike on the street - mostly down to the biker not having the bottle or skill to push the bike hard 1st, 2nd 3rd and so on.

Honestly hate it when people say bikes are only quick in a straight line ...............

.......... an S1000RR 0-186mph stock 11.8 seconds, ............ read EVO Magazines test of the S1000RR vs the Bugatti Veyron.

So its not all about straight lines apart from the two examples youre giving, no? :lol:

No doubt bikes are fast, faster than most cars in most situations, but not having the constant fear of death kind of trumps that for me :)

• Like 1

Price aside ??? Everything has to do with price, the world revolves around money, otherwise I wouldn't be working live in a villa abroad and and drive a Zonda F lol like I previously stated, only way mere mortals like us are ever going to experience that kind of performance and be able to afford it is by buying a bike, end of.

If you comparing the best road bikes, you have to pitch them against the best road cars (price aside) and the car wins both in straight line and on track.

Never rode a bike, but been in and seen many tuned car stick with or beat sports bike on the street - mostly down to the biker not having the bottle or skill to push the bike hard 1st, 2nd 3rd and so on.

So why has NO car gone round the iom tt quicker than a bike, its straights and corners?

• Like 1

I think people have misunderstood the original scope of my post.

Different vehicles do different things and expecting a 'one fits all' is going to lead to a good dollop of compromise.

And this all stems back to the original post - is it worth an upgrade?

Well, if you are happy with the 350Z, you can spend the money on other things that give you a better experience in a specific area.

I would suggest to anyone to at least go and do their motorbike license because it'll open your eyes. Riding teaches you discipline like you wouldn't believe, especially if you ride all seasons in wind/wet/snow. I relish the challenge and like to think it helps keep me sharp. BTW, no way that S1000RR that got to 186mph in 11.86 seconds was stock. Standard ones do 1/4 in just under 10 seconds at 140 terminal. The only way it'd be close is if the rider weighed 40kg or something daft.

So why would you get a 370Z over a 350Z? Many reasons (look, interior, price, mods etc etc). The only one I would say is weak is if you are hoping to impress others with it as some sort of status symbol. There was a woman at the gym who bought on PCP and couldn't actually afford to drive it much. But she enjoyed being 'seen' in it at the gym. If your life really is that shallow then there's no hope, but it's not uncommon.

If you want a 'better' experience, then I can't see how you're going to get it. Perhaps you want to go on track more - get a BEC seven clone and never look back. Perhaps the everyday grind of driving is such that your 350Z is needlessly costing you fuel and you're stuck in traffic for 70% of the journey anyway - get a Toyota Aygo. You need a bigger vehicle that you can throw all your wares in and carry multiple people around in, get a Diesel estate. You want a completely new experience - learn to fly.

All of these are potential options if you keep the 350Z :)

• Like 1

So why has NO car gone round the iom tt quicker than a bike, its straights and corners?

Because no racing driver is quite as mental as the lads who do the TT :lol:

• Like 1

I loved my bikes but one of them didn't like me :)

Yes starting out on bikes taught me two things, awareness on the road and pain lots of excruciating pain ;)

I stick to cars now much safer plus the volume of road traffic has doubled since I last rode a bike.

plus the volume of road traffic has doubled since I last rode a bike.

Absolutely, there isnt a chance in a hell i would sling a leg over a bike these days (road bike), even though i had a very nasty crash (my fault) i still consider

myself lucky to have got out when i did

• Like 1

I loved my bikes but one of them didn't like me :)

Yes starting out on bikes taught me two things, awareness on the road and pain lots of excruciating pain ;)

I stick to cars now much safer plus the volume of road traffic has doubled since I last rode a bike.

The amount of traffic is the reason I want to take my bike out. Bloody painful driving int he car!!

• Like 3

Jetpilot don't explain yourself to Davey_83, it's clearly falling on deaf ears and going round full circle, to state bikers are scared or lack skill to use full throttle in 1st, 2nd & 3rd gear is the most retarded thing I have ever come across on this forum to date, unbelievable, guy is deluded.

Would love to know or see evidence of him in whatever vehicle it is beating said bike, was it a Honda C90 by any chance they only have 3 gears so probably did beat it because the rider would be too frightened to use full throttle.

Because no racing driver is quite as mental as the lads who do the TT :lol:

Do you ride?

Jetpilot don't explain yourself to Davey_83

I am not explaining buddy, just asking the question, noticed I havent got an answer....yet ;)

• Like 1

Here is a clip of two random people - one in a car and one on a bike.

The guy on the bike rides a lot like me. The guy in the car a lot like my mate ;)

The road was the Cat and Fiddle. As you can tell, it's dark, the road had wet patches and there is lots of sand and gravel all over it. The white lines were like ice!

The car was a LOT faster than the bike. Bike - 2013 tuned GSXR 600. Car - 2011 MK Indy RR CBR1000RR

Edited by Rocket_Rabbit
  • Like 1

Would a lot of that not be down to road conditions? As you say, cold & wet means you'll have twice as much grip with four tyres over two.

Some good driving there too, btw :)

Yes, but you are still limited more round the bends on a bike than a car. This is down to simple dynamics.

In a car, you have your circle of grip and can use this divided up in any way you want. So if you're cornering at 70% grip, you can brake with the other 30% grip (I'm ignoring weight transfer here for simplicity).

Once you enter a corner on a bike, you have almost no braking because if you hit the front brake, the bike is going to want to stand up. Hit it too hard and the front end goes meaning you're on the deck. Yeah use the back brake but it'll do feck all for actual retardation

Thus on a bike it's very much slow in, fast out, whereas a car can carry more corner speed safely.

On a track, it'd be a bit different.

Where the car absolutely BATTERS the bike is on change of direction. Looking on from the bike as it happens, you are all :ohmy::surrender:

I might be missing the point, but which cars have even had a closed off run of the IOM TT circuit?

I could say no one has ever run my 3 mile route around Kirkham B Roads faster than me in my zed. But it wouldn't count for much if no one else has ever had a crack at it :lol:

Back on topic, if you've already got a 350, there's not going to be that much difference by way of power, the biggest difference will be a more 'modern' cabin, but even that is starting to look a bit dated.

In conclusion, my opinion is, try something completely different :thumbs:

Leave the willy waving to the 'bike v car' gang ;)

Edited by The G Man

I think people have misunderstood the original scope of my post.

Different vehicles do different things and expecting a 'one fits all' is going to lead to a good dollop of compromise.

And this all stems back to the original post - is it worth an upgrade?

Well, if you are happy with the 350Z, you can spend the money on other things that give you a better experience in a specific area.

I would suggest to anyone to at least go and do their motorbike license because it'll open your eyes. Riding teaches you discipline like you wouldn't believe, especially if you ride all seasons in wind/wet/snow. I relish the challenge and like to think it helps keep me sharp. BTW, no way that S1000RR that got to 186mph in 11.86 seconds was stock. Standard ones do 1/4 in just under 10 seconds at 140 terminal. The only way it'd be close is if the rider weighed 40kg or something daft.

So why would you get a 370Z over a 350Z? Many reasons (look, interior, price, mods etc etc). The only one I would say is weak is if you are hoping to impress others with it as some sort of status symbol. There was a woman at the gym who bought on PCP and couldn't actually afford to drive it much. But she enjoyed being 'seen' in it at the gym. If your life really is that shallow then there's no hope, but it's not uncommon.

If you want a 'better' experience, then I can't see how you're going to get it. Perhaps you want to go on track more - get a BEC seven clone and never look back. Perhaps the everyday grind of driving is such that your 350Z is needlessly costing you fuel and you're stuck in traffic for 70% of the journey anyway - get a Toyota Aygo. You need a bigger vehicle that you can throw all your wares in and carry multiple people around in, get a Diesel estate. You want a completely new experience - learn to fly.

All of these are potential options if you keep the 350Z :)

Back on topic, if you've already got a 350, there's not going to be that much difference by way of power, the biggest difference will be a more 'modern' cabin, but even that is starting to look a bit dated.

In conclusion, my opinion is, try something completely different :thumbs:

Leave the willy waving to the 'bike v car' gang ;)

RTFT! :);)

Edited by Rocket_Rabbit