PH - Most Boring Car Ever Owned

Ekona

I was just about to post this... glad I checked first.

I don't get the 350z as a boring car? On looks and noise alone I'd prefer it over 99% of cars I see on the road... but I am biased and I guess it depends on what else you've owned.

The zed was certainly not the most 'fun' car I have have owned - but conversely its not the most boring which is what the thread is asking. I wonder what other cars P4RKS has owned that makes the 350z the most boring, I can only assume his lifetime ownership reads something like Ferrari 458, Lotus Exige etc.

Im struggling with this as well, its a 300hp 2 seat sportscar, have these people never driven anything with 4 seats or something?

Some of them are ricockulous, 2 x BMW 330i, C30 Polestar, Mk1 Scirocco GTI, Mk1 Golf GTi, 200SX (I know the guy who said that as well and he loved it at the time), Audi S3, Fiat Coupe, DSG Golf GTI, Boxster, E92 M3, Range Rover Vogue SE, Fiant Uno Turbot and I stopped after 5 pages.

Seriously, what a bunch of up themself pricks, there are some of the most fun cars Ive ever driven in that list. Surely trolling?

• Like 2

The thing I don't get is, everything is relative. Sure, next to a Huayra the Z is a pretty boring car, but the z does win in the cup holder stakes against it.

However next to a daewoo matiz, the z is a supercar :lol:

Thinking about it, the Zed is probably the most boring performance car I've ever owned too. Doesn't mean it's boring, it's just the competition it's up against.

Here's a general question to everyone then. Do we think that the issue with the Zed is that it was perhaps 'oversold' in terms of the media reviews, TV reviews etc?

Is the issue that perhaps an expectation of performance and road behaviour was set. Which, determined by peoples personal preference / car driving experience and exposure to other marques. The 350Z couldn't possibly hope to match up to all of those expectations.

Do we think that's the reality of it, it was sold as a sports car when in reality (in my view) its more of a mini GT car? Maybe that's what raises these differences and views of it. Is it the fastest, most exciting or accomplished car I've ever driven? Well in reality no it isn't. However; is it 'bang for buck' a great value mini GT that always puts a smile of my face? For me the answer to that question is yes, but then I'm more of a GT type of chap, dontcha know B)