PH - Most Boring Car Ever Owned

Ekona

Interesting question Bockaaarck. The MPG is a bigger issue as well when you consider the car came out as fuel prices started to rise upwards, which made it a harder sell and that's probably why the 370Z sold in such relatively pitiful numbers.

Only a moron would buy a 350Z and complain about MPG, after the fact.

PS: Not aimed at you btw :D

Edited by Juggalo
  • Like 1

Coming from the guy who watches 11 men running around chasing a ball with his cats every weekend and drives a diesel rep mobile :lol:

Stones in glass houses and all that...

A diesel rep mobile that is quicker than a standard Zed :p

Oh and as for cats and rep mobiles.... hello Dan :wave:

:lol:

tumblr_masr07p8OE1r69o93o1_400.jpg

Just ask a lady, coming first isn't always the best thing. Sometimes it's about the journey to get there ;)

If the journey is on heated/air conditioned seats in the lap of luxury listening to an optical surround sound system with 16 speakers wand over 500lbs/ft so you can overtake pretty much most of what's on the road then yes, I agree it's all about the journey 😀

Edited by spursmaddave

Interesting question Bockaaarck. The MPG is a bigger issue as well when you consider the car came out as fuel prices started to rise upwards, which made it a harder sell and that's probably why the 370Z sold in such relatively pitiful numbers.

Only a moron would buy a 350Z and complain about MPG, after the fact.

PS: Not aimed at you btw :D

Completely agree I knew a c#ck on here who did nothing but moan about how much it cost to run his 350.... then bought a 370 :lol:

Then wrecked it and bought another 370 so the story goes...

Coming from the guy who watches 11 men running around chasing a ball with his cats every weekend and drives a diesel rep mobile :lol:

Just ask a lady, coming first isn't always the best thing. Sometimes it's about the journey to get there ;)

If the journey is on heated/air conditioned seats in the lap of luxury listening to an optical surround sound system with 16 speakers wand over 500lbs/ft so you can overtake pretty much most of what's on the road then yes, I agree it's all about the journey 😀

5577b81c17d640c99efad781691649b2.jpg

5577b81c17d640c99efad781691649b2.jpg

Nope I retro-fitted the seats and had the engine tuned to add the torque 😀

To be completely honest, I literally couldn't care less. Although it is highly amusing that someone in his late 40's is trying so hard to impress people over the Internet with how awesome his car is on a forum where it's not entirely relevant. The same member who only ever posts sarcastic and unhelpful comments. So crack on and enjoy those seats and torque figures, I'm sure you're the envy of all the other football fans down the pub.

To be completely honest, I literally couldn't care less. Although it is highly amusing that someone in his late 40's is trying so hard to impress people over the Internet with how awesome his car is on a forum where it's not entirely relevant. The same member who only ever posts sarcastic and unhelpful comments. So crack on and enjoy those seats and torque figures, I'm sure you're the envy of all the other football fans down the pub.

Wow :lol:

Reminds me why I don't post so much anymore, used to be friendly banter now it's just bollocks

I didn't mention my car, you did unsuccessfully trying to make out it is something it isn't, and when I stick up for what is an absolutely superb machine I get abuse.... Ho hum....

Strange comments about figures when there are countless posts on here about dynos and how an air filter can add a bhp or 2 to a 350, I thought this was a car forum :shrug:

Don't think I mentioned football either but there you go :shrug:

This place is as dry as a Nuns knickers nowadays :tumbleweed:

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

• Like 1

500lbs/ft from a Mondeo is not bad going

I think that was the x-type :p although plenty of ford parts here and there which means spares are sometimes very reasonable, Sly replaced a complete front wheel hub the other month for £250 which I thought was going to be a lot more :thumbs:

I think that was the x-type :p although plenty of ford parts here and there which means spares are sometimes very reasonable, Sly replaced a complete front wheel hub the other month for £250 which I thought was going to be a lot more :thumbs:

Alright then your Lincoln Ls :p

1920px-00-02_Lincoln_LS.jpg

Edited by StevoD

Alright then your Lincoln Ls :p

1920px-00-02_Lincoln_LS.jpg

Except that probably has leaf springs :lol:

wouldn't be suprised :lol:

:bounce:

Mine was soft even on 20" rims but Sly sorted that out for me too :)

Anyway stop making me talk about my car, it's not allowed apparently :lol:

im talking about a Lincoln Ls not a JAG.................................OR are they the same thing?

im talking about a Lincoln Ls not a JAG.................................OR are they the same thing?

Neither are a Zed so you are dicing with danger :scare:

Neither are a Zed so you are dicing with danger :scare:

myhc_6485.jpg

• Like 3

Strewth. If being over 40, owning a Jag and posting on a forum which is no longer "relevant" to your current car is now an offence, I am in serious trouble :surrender: I could buy another 350/370 but I can't knock 23 years off my life as much as I would like to (which is quite a lot) B)

• Like 2

Not to all, it's not. Like I said, it's the most boring performance car I've ever owned.

If your categorising the 6 series as a sports car, surely that is far more dull? What I imagined you hated about the Z is X fold on the BMW?

Manual RWD V8 with a loud exhaust is far from dull, trust me ;)

I didn't hate anything about my 350, once I'd finished modifying it, and if it hadn't been for the opportunity to move in to the 911 I'd have kept it for many years. It's just that everything the Zed does, the 6er does too, but slightly better. I'd definitely not categorise the 6 series as a sports car though, waaaaaay more a sporty GT.

Comfy on the long run? Check. Fuel economy? Better on the V8. Noise? Not even close. Gearshift? The BMW has the better 'box. Steering? Actually, this one is a draw, but only because the 645 can tighten the steering as otherwise the Zed would have this category. Outright pace? Nowt in it, 6er pulls better from low down and pulls harder at the top end. Sliding? Okay, easy win for the Zed, the BMW has no LSD! :lol:

That said, if I didn't have the MR2 I wouldn't enjoy the BMW as much. It's only because I still have the proper sports car in the garage that I can enjoy the BMW as much as I do, as otherwise it would be a little too big and heavy for an only car. The 350Z is absolutely amazing and I miss mine so much, and came *this close* to buying another instead of the 645. But, y'know, V8.

• Like 1

Must have been a slow day in the ph office is all i can say :)

I think they just put the Zed picture at the top because it was the one mentioned that would get the most attention... like I said earlier in the thread it has got quite a few people on here talking about PH so job accomplished :clap: