PH - Most Boring Car Ever Owned

Ekona

Interesting question Bockaaarck. :thumbs:

I think it's both punching above it's weight in terms of what it can offer vs the premium cars, but I also think that it has some pretty major failings which can be hard to get your head around for a regular car person. No two ways about it, the interior is very poor, and the fuel economy is dreadful. The MPG is a bigger issue as well when you consider the car came out as fuel prices started to rise upwards, which made it a harder sell and that's probably why the 370Z sold in such relatively pitiful numbers. It's also a heavy car, and as stock on OEM geo and on 040 tyres it's a pretty bland drive unless you want to provoke it. The boot is hugely compromised with the strut bar, which hurts the GT side of things too.

I suspect it sold mostly on the external looks, certainly that's why most people on here bought one, which I guess leads to why it's not always as revered as it should be. We all know that a few tweaks here and there transforms the car, and we all know just how solid that chassis is in terms both of construction and more importantly allowing the dynamics of it to shine through. The more I think about the Zed, the more I think it's a car you grow to love rather than fall in love with straight away. Something like a TT (let's be honest, that was the big taker of 350 sales I suspect) initially flatters a lot more with better MPG; a much nicer place to be; quattro and either turbo shove or a nicer V6, but ultimately it bores after a while. That's why I'd much rather have the 350 than a TT, but it wouldn't have helped general opinion.

• Like 1

I would agree with Dan, apart from really liking the looks and general drive when I bought my Zed, has taken 18 months or so, to grow to be In love with my 350.

No way could I call it a boring car.

I drove a Z4 and that gave no feed back or excitement to drive what so ever in my opinion and that was really one of my considerations when looking for another car.

On the 350z.

I had expected initially the interior to be a whole lot worse than it is. However there are not many that look really great.

MGP - never owned cars that are much better, so not an isssue.

Boot space - well aids me for sure not trying to take the kitchen sink everywhere !!!!

None of these items make a car boring for me, just the look and drive does that.

The article is load of rubbish and just a couple of peoples opinions. It's hardly a boring car now is it?!

You put it in a line up against 10 random cars in your works car park and I imagine it will always be in the top 3 for exciting cars.

Edited by 370Ad

Depends where you work: At McLaren, I'd suggest it probably wouldn't be.

You're missing the point though, which is that it can be boring depending on what you're comparing it to.

Exactly, compared to me YOU are boring, we'll come to think of it compared to most people you are :lol:

• Like 1

You're missing the point though, which is that it can be boring depending on what you're comparing it to.

I live next to the Porsche HQ and the car park is very dull indeed! Half of them are Juke's/Qashqai's. Lets be real though, even on PH's forum its still a fun car.

Not to all, it's not. Like I said, it's the most boring performance car I've ever owned.

Maybe unfair to categorise it a 'performance car' then :shrug:

As a few have said, for the money (bought mine 6 years ago for £10k) there is very little around that is comparable, some that compare in one respect i.e. faster, handle better or look better (subjective) but not a lot that ticks if not underlines every single box like the Zed does...

Not to all, it's not. Like I said, it's the most boring performance car I've ever owned.

Maybe unfair to categorise it a 'performance car' then :shrug:

What else would you call a 350Z, if not a performance car?

thing is the 350z is parts box car most of it is borrowed from other older models , its not its own thing which kinda makes it jack of all trades master of none not to say its bad a bad car its far from it but when lined up against car made and design from day 1 it cant compete

The 350z is an adaption to a sports car

the caymen is a sports car

if you reverse engineer the 350 you end up here not very sporty

Nissan_Skyline_Sedan_V35_in_2007.jpg

Edited by StevoD

Exactly, compared to me YOU are boring, we'll come to think of it compared to most people you are :lol:

Coming from the guy who watches 11 men running around chasing a ball with his cats every weekend and drives a diesel rep mobile :lol:

Stones in glass houses and all that...

I can see the argument, for excitement my MR2 and GTI-6 are both probably better and it doesnt come close to Evo, Integrale, S13 .......... but when youre comparing it to everything out there, including 1.0 Automatic Austin Metros I struggle to see how anyone in their right mind could call the Zed the boring one.

I got a lot more from mine after I started tracking it, and if anyone is finding theirs is starting to become a bit familiar Id suggest a bit of drifting too :D

I can see the argument, for excitement my MR2 and GTI-6 are both probably better and it doesnt come close to Evo, Integrale, S13 .......... but when youre comparing it to everything out there, including 1.0 Automatic Austin Metros I struggle to see how anyone in their right mind could call the Zed the boring one.

I got a lot more from mine after I started tracking it, and if anyone is finding theirs is starting to become a bit familiar Id suggest a bit of drifting too :D

I know of a drifty one up for sale week after next ;)

Coming from the guy who watches 11 men running around chasing a ball with his cats every weekend and drives a diesel rep mobile :lol:

A diesel rep mobile that is quicker than a standard Zed :p

Oh and as for cats and rep mobiles.... hello Dan :wave:

Edited by spursmaddave
  • Like 1

If a RWD, V6 engined 2 seater coupe is the most boring car you've owned then you must have one seriously impressive back catalogue that puts most of us to shame.

I only have to look in the work car park to realise how depressing the vast majority of daily drivers usually are.

• Like 1

If a RWD, V6 engined 2 seater coupe is the most boring car you've owned then you must have one seriously impressive back catalogue that puts most of us to shame.

I only have to look in the work car park to realise how depressing the vast majority of daily drivers usually are.

Very true, the article has got everyone talk no, if the most boring car was an Metro 1.0 then nobody would have mentioned it...

:lol:

tumblr_masr07p8OE1r69o93o1_400.jpg

Im struggling with this as well, its a 300hp 2 seat sportscar, have these people never driven anything with 4 seats or something?

Some of them are ricockulous, 2 x BMW 330i, C30 Polestar, Mk1 Scirocco GTI, Mk1 Golf GTi, 200SX (I know the guy who said that as well and he loved it at the time), Audi S3, Fiat Coupe, DSG Golf GTI, Boxster, E92 M3, Range Rover Vogue SE, Fiant Uno Turbot and I stopped after 5 pages.

Seriously, what a bunch of up themself pricks, there are some of the most fun cars Ive ever driven in that list. Surely trolling?

Yup. They're competing for attention, most large boards get those types.

:lol:

tumblr_masr07p8OE1r69o93o1_400.jpg

Just ask a lady, coming first isn't always the best thing. Sometimes it's about the journey to get there ;)