Stop press (Top Gear):

Shenley

Being able to present is one thing, having an opinion is quite something else. I'm not implying that any ol'Tom Dick or Harry can write and present but everyone has an opinion, that's all my point is and that's all they give at the end of a review and why? Because they like cars. Here's a news flash, so do millions of people. Perhaps I have missed the point and i'm just carving my own path through this thread and no one is following. :lol: i'm going home now to start an argument with my dog. It's a guaranteed win.

Edited by Rock_Steady

Top gear episode 1 Dan drives a 911

Top gear episode 2 Dan drives a caymen

Top gear episode 3 Dan drives a boxter

Top gear episode 4 Dan drives a panamara

Top gear special dan drives a 911turbo to porsche factory

GOD PLEASE DONT destroy TOP GEAR

Sounds like the perfect series to me, except you forgot the episode where I drive the Macan and proclaim it as really very good indeed :D

• 3 weeks later...

I watched the last episode the other day. The Japshow stuff and everything about the old cars was complete garbage, but the SUV stuff was actually very entertaining. Well, until we got to the bit where Clarkson's car was sawn in half and still drove, as then it descended into farce and wasn't funny at all.

I won't say it I didn't enjoy it, as I did, but it did remind me why I stopped watching it.

• 5 months later...

Chris Evans is an egotistical, narcissistic gonad. I hate him with biblical amounts of passion.

I remember him in the Celebrity special of Who Wants To Be A Millionaire answering questions on behalf of a selected Joe public contestant. He just guessed at answers and threw away his lifelines. Put no thought into it at all. Literally threw away the chance for the poor bloke to win some serious cash and C.E literally did not give one sh1t. Like "I dunno. We'll go with A. Why not. Could be right could be wrong"

Hated him ever since.

See, I understand that! :D

That's the same reason I think he's great though. Totally instinctive, goes with his gut, doesn't think before speaking. Brilliant.

I can understand that. It's a good thing. But when he was so irresponsible with that guys chances to win some serious money, it really turned me against him. He could have gotten over himself just for that moment.

The previous show worked or in some peoples eyes didnt work, because of all three of them. I dont think this will be any different, its success will come down to how they all get on imho.

The bases are covered, CE popular entertainer, CH as petrolhead/driver, SS (perhaps not apt being German) female to please the pc crowd.

Edited by Jetpilot

Typical old world media, think they're it and things like YouTube are for the kids. Seemingly no idea that in a few years papers won't exist and the concept of watching TV on a schedule will have disappeared along with listening to the Queen's speech on the wireless and getting a satsuma at Christmas.

• Like 3

What's wrong with Satsumas !

I just can't believe they are taking so long to air, there will be many differing opinions but we need to give the new team a chance.

Dan, I'm in the dislike Evans camp, he annoys the heck out of me, but Top Gear will, hopefully, be more than just him and I do respect his petrolhead status.

With Sabine and CH it will definitely turn more into a motoring show rather than an entertainment show. It'll be interesting to see what happens. I hate Evans personally find him irritating. DC has no personality either in my opinion.

Either way I will be keen to see the refresh and see what happens. Won't stop me watching it, but I wonder if it will survive?

I couldn't stand top gear in all honesty.

A bunch of mates cocking around and having genuine laughs whilst driving fast cars......brilliant.

But let's not forget that's absolutely not what top gear was. I just found the whole thing insulting to anyone's intelligence......watching 3 awful actors pretending to have top bants and funny times whilst staging/scripting every last moment is about as interesting as plucking your own bum pubes out.

I'd probably watch the new one if it's back on focus.

Sent from my SM-G900F using Tapatalk

If its a motoring programme it will most likely fall flat on its face like just about every other motoring programme, the only reason tg survived was because of jc and Andy Wilman, whether you like him/them or the show or not.

TV is just dire these days and it going to have to appeal to the masses, which isnt us petrolheads, much as you/we may want a motoring segment on prime time, it just isnt going to get the ratings to survive, hence why they have got Evans on board as an entertainer, in all fairness as per the press release, who would have heard of Chris Harris and Sabine Schmitz if you werent into cars? All in my opinion of course.