Stop press (Top Gear):

Shenley

How picky are you ? !!! StevoD !!! :lol:

The colour - is rare !!!!! Don't you do telepathy ?? !!!

I have not previously seen a light blue Ferrari !!! :blush: So it was rare to me !!! :p

:blush: :blush: :blush:

Although i did think all his 'rarri's where white except his black gto obviously i am wrong

Kind of on topic !

I am assured by Press reporters - it was Chris Evans car I was taking photographs of this morning !!

So I came out of my London Hotel which was based yards from the BBC, to be presented with stunning cars in the street.

As one does, I stopped to take photographs of a rare light blue Ferrari (No idea on model), to be told it was one of CE's.

Will try to post up a photo later.

how did you know it was rare if you dont know the model :bleh:

It's like a good steak. Rare is blue, medium is pink and well done is brown. :lol:

• Like 2

Why does everyone who didnt like TG or JC keep banging on about it being tired or it needing refreshing, it had absolutely monstrous ratings and generated huge revenue, it needed nothing of the sort but the BBC's hand was forced by JC's behaviour.

I think Top Gear entertains a different audience now than it did in the past. It's the old audience who keep banging on about what they lost, which was an informative car programme that the masses could relate to. Not everyone can relate to cars that cost eleventy billion pounds. Don't get me wrong I find it entertaining to a degree, until it gets to the point of just utter stupidity. The novelty wears off after a while, or at least for me anyway.

• Like 1

latest news from this morning is that they are opening the third spot for a presenter and throwing it out to the whole world and asking them to send in their Video applications for being the next presenter with CE and an other?? One lucky winner will have his or her life change for the better thats for sure. This news came from the man himself C.E..

It's not for the third presenter, it's for A.N. Other role on the show in some aspect. Driver, feature bit, anything they want really. No way in hell would the BBC trust the most important show relaunch since Dr Who to a stranger :lol:

It's a nice bit of advertising (not that it needs it), and guarantees a few more people will be watching the first new show.

It's not for the third presenter, it's for A.N. Other role on the show in some aspect. Driver, feature bit, anything they want really. No way in hell would the BBC trust the most important show relaunch since Dr Who to a stranger :lol:

It's a nice bit of advertising (not that it needs it), and guarantees a few more people will be watching the first new show.

dunno wasnt hammond and may found this way if i recall?

also i thinks it good give some of the youtube reviewers a chance (excluding chris harris he can stay on drive)

Edited by StevoD

Hammond came from radio, and May had already done some car-related TV work. All from their wikis, so usual pinch of salt.

I want to see a professional on the show, not some random gobby Yootoober. Why does everyone think that generic bloke off the street will do a good job on TG? It's like me imagining that I'm capable of managing Man Utd just because I won the league with Villa on Football Manager! :lol:

Hammond came from radio, and May had already done some car-related TV work. All from their wikis, so usual pinch of salt.

I want to see a professional on the show, not some random gobby Yootoober. Why does everyone think that generic bloke off the street will do a good job on TG? It's like me imagining that I'm capable of managing Man Utd just because I won the league with Villa on Football Manager! :lol:

you trying to pot everyone off so less competition for you :boxing::lol:

Edited by StevoD

But JC, RH and JM ARE "that generic bloke off the street" they just have an opinion, that's all. We all have them. The fact that they've driven more cars than us is moot. It's still an opinion in the end. I think you should go for it Ekona ;)

But JC, RH and JM ARE "that generic bloke off the street" they just have an opinion, that's all. We all have them. The fact that they've driven more cars than us is moot. It's still an opinion in the end. I think you should go for it Ekona ;)

Top gear episode 1 Dan drives a 911

Top gear episode 2 Dan drives a caymen

Top gear episode 3 Dan drives a boxter

Top gear episode 4 Dan drives a panamara

Top gear special dan drives a 911turbo to porsche factory

GOD PLEASE DONT destroy TOP GEAR

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 2

No, they are all trained journalists who in 2 cases had worked as motoring correspondents previously, the other had fairly extensive radio exposure before he got the Top Gear gig as well. Peopel rarely end up on telly on the off chance, worse luck :(

No, they are all trained journalists who in 2 cases had worked as motoring correspondents previously, the other had fairly extensive radio exposure before he got the Top Gear gig as well. Peopel rarely end up on telly on the off chance, worse luck :(

But it's still an opinion they're giving. The fact they are or were journalists with experience in motoring correspondence doesn't make any difference so they might as well be just any bloke off the street. Clarkson trashed the Mitsubishi GTO way back in the 90s. But in reality it was and still is a pretty good car. He shat on the Zed but as we all know, it's a pretty good car. One is his opinion and the other is ours. Edited by Rock_Steady

I give up, I really do. See how many "men off the street" you can find working on TV as presenters that dont have journalism or media as a background, there is a reason for this believe it or not.

If they just wanted "people with an opinion", then why not just pick up lads off the dole queue and pay them minimum wage? Clarkson particularly was a motoring journalist, May was the Editor of Autocar, thats hardly random choices is it?

• Like 1