BRAND New rims... update. Now gone in for a refurb, after a week of ownership!!!!!!!

MCook

ish don't fink so :surrender:

i need to expand... I like the style of the wheel (not personally but I can see that you do and thats all that matters). however the fitment is just wrong wrong wrong! lowering may help, but those rears are bad.... to the point of illegal? (i think). and surely handling compromising?

Edited by WINKJ

When you lower the car, the tops will be naturally pulled in due to camber, mine does this, i have 10.5J on rear also

But then you need camber correction arms, else you'll be running on just a tiny part of the tyre and chew through them really quickly. I thought you had the correction arms on yours matey?

No, only mild drop in Tein springs, fitted by Abbey MS and alignment corrected to within factory parameters

Ah, okay. I'm guessing your wheels fit a little better though ;)

MCook, what offset are they?

Love the design of the wheels, except where the spokes sit past the lip :)

Nice to see something different though :) Some neg camber and springs will tuck the tops in and guessing this isnt built for function, just form :)

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 2

When you lower the car, the tops will be naturally pulled in due to camber, mine does this, i have 10.5J on rear also

But then you need camber correction arms, else you'll be running on just a tiny part of the tyre and chew through them really quickly. I thought you had the correction arms on yours matey?

No, only mild drop in Tein springs, fitted by Abbey MS and alignment corrected to within factory parameters

Ah, okay. I'm guessing your wheels fit a little better though ;)

Yeah, you're probably right

Mine are

10.5J ET+23 rear

9.5J ET+28 front

Edited by BulletMagnet

Love the design of the wheels, except where the spokes sit past the lip :)

Nice to see something different though :) Some neg camber and springs will tuck the tops in and guessing this isnt built for function, just form :)

That was my thoughts, wasn't a big fan where the spokes overlap the lip.

When I first put my alloys on the spacers were far too big, but not as far out as that. On the motorway going over a bump you would see a puff of smoke coming out the rear arch. Not a nice sight when you know your archs are burning MPSS :lol:

I do really like them though, I would be having a look at arch rolling and coilovers next :thumbs:

Love the new alloys MC but I agree with some of the others as I think the fitment as it stands on the rear is poor at best. Wrong offset so stick out far too much past the body imo.

Be good to see how you solve your issues though and at least they fitted over the brakes calipers. :DB)

• Like 1

Love the new alloys MC but I agree with some of the others as I think the fitment as it stands on the rear is poor at best. Wrong offset so stick out far too much past the body imo.

Be good to see how you solve your issues though and at least they fitted over the brakes calipers. :DB)

All will be well and good, give me a few weeks and I will have the rears looking as they should!

• Like 1

If you're ordering new wheels, can't you order ones that fit? As in, with a more appropriate offset?

Nooooooooooooooo

They will not look like that for long, don't let it bother you too much!

;)

I quite like the wheels ... But the rear off set and more importantly the tyre size your running is going to cause you headaches IMO .....

Could look really good but to pull them off I think it will need to run stretched tyres , some camber and a big arch roll / pull ..... All of which won't make it handle great but would look good if that's what your into ;)