BRAND New rims... update. Now gone in for a refurb, after a week of ownership!!!!!!!

MCook

Another twist, he want's me to buy the 2 replacements initially, and then present him with an invoice which then will be paid in cash to me from his pocket...

I am going to contact drift works and explain the situation and see if they can supply 2 replacements as when I purchased them they were 10% off which has now ended, meaning the guy will have to pay even more.

I do now have the wheels at home, rears fit fine, front's need spacing.

However I could just do a grundy until I get spacers sorted!

I really wouldn't worry about the 10%. I'd also stop looking at it coming out of his pocket.

There mistake, there problem.

I think there could be another scenario going on here - Where by he hasn't informed his superior, so he's paying out of his pocket so they don't find out.

I wouldn't spend any money bud, tell them to do all the leg work.

• Like 2

Seems a bit odd, cant imagine a tyre fitter at kwik fit is making too much money and is keen to fork out for 2 brand new alloys in January. Very odd.

Either way I hope you get it sorted, modding is supposed to be a good experience after you have got over the shock of the money you have just spend :lol: Once they're on and you give the car a clean I am sure you will forget all about it :thumbs:

Another twist, he want's me to buy the 2 replacements initially, and then present him with an invoice which then will be paid in cash to me from his pocket...

I am going to contact drift works and explain the situation and see if they can supply 2 replacements as when I purchased them they were 10% off which has now ended, meaning the guy will have to pay even more.

I do now have the wheels at home, rears fit fine, front's need spacing.

However I could just do a grundy until I get spacers sorted!

no no no no no no no no.

I can't beleive you're even entertaining this. are you just wanting them to screw you over again becasue you're teeing yourself up for it. HE is buying the replacements, not you.... insist that happens!!!!!!!!

• Like 1

Went to halfrauds and managed to get some 5mm RipSpeed spacers. Therefore the fronts are now on! The rears will go on tomorrow as it gets dark too damn early.

Pictures shortly. They. look. Amazing. :yahoo:

The rears are soooo damn wide I cannot get over it!

Oh and another slight issue...........

One of the wheel nuts is refusing to go back on. It is just spinning and going nowhere. New nuts required I think.

Should I be worried about this? Is it safe to drive with one nut missing? Was planning an early morning trip to Halfrauds to see if they have new nuts.

I really really don't get this. Why spend decent money buying brand new wheels and them not fit correctly?

I kind of get it if they were cheap or second hand but you had your pick of the crop! A small spacer like that could warp so be warned. I believe it happened to Wills 370?

Edited by 370Ad

I really really don't get this. Why spend decent money buying brand new wheels and them not fit correctly?

I kind of get it if they were cheap or second hand but you had your pick of the crop! A small spacer like that could warp so be warned. I believe it happened to Wills 370?

The ripspeed spacer will only be temporary, will be ordering new nuts and spacers tonight! They fit fine now!

It's probably illegal too unless it's in his contract, which is highly unlikely.

I'd be tempted to mention that to him, he doesn't deserve to get shafted like this.

Totally agree, this has to be a decision taken at "local" level surely? Someone please tell me this is not Kwik Fit policy nationally :surrender: I don't know enough but it must be illegal, Kwik Fit have a responsibility to train their staff correctly and if he was that bad they shouldn't be letting him near a wheel of any kind.

Because he wanted them wheels ?

• Like 1

well this is one for experience for ya , defo do not buy the replacements yourself

For the future I would take your wheels to a DECENT local alloy refurb place to have tyres put on , they are more careful having just refurbed rims they are not going to want to have to redo their work.

This is what I do with all my tyres that I buy mail order , they damage them they fix them no questions , never had a problem with damage to rims

Hope you get all sorted

well this is one for experience for ya , defo do not buy the replacements yourself

For the future I would take your wheels to a DECENT local alloy refurb place to have tyres put on , they are more careful having just refurbed rims they are not going to want to have to redo their work.

This is what I do with all my tyres that I buy mail order , they damage them they fix them no questions , never had a problem with damage to rims

Hope you get all sorted

But it shouldn't matter where you take them, if they are qualified to fit tyres, then they should be treating them with as much care as any other fitting place.
  • Like 1

Just skimmed through this......unbelievable! I would be looking to take legal action on quickfit...something definitely not right about the whole thing, apart from a numpty not being able to use a tyre machine...making him solely responsible for the damage indicates there is something amiss big time.

• Like 1

Some teasers of the fronts on the car.. was getting dark, will have daylight pictures of all 4 on the car shortly..... very pleased with how they look! :teeth: :teeth:

sv75sp.jpg

dx2175.jpg

10qw7mc.jpg

The damage: (This is all on the one rear wheel, no photos of the front one as it is only chipped.)

2m2au0y.jpg

2rpdvsx.jpg

29m4m0n.jpg

wstkk0.jpg

2h82udt.jpg

16m7kwk.jpg

Love this photo

2ch6yp4.jpg