BRAND New rims... update. Now gone in for a refurb, after a week of ownership!!!!!!!

MCook

Thank you all, I think it is safe to say I have learnt my lesson and will not be using Kwik Fit again! I went there expecting the staff to be experienced (maybe middle age or so....) instead they were all about 20 years old and clearly not the most experienced. Think I am a bit too laid back, which is why I did not kick off! I think my words were 'honestly mate, these things happen, don't worry about it' !!! He was a really nice lad, when he took me in the shop to look at the damage I even had a chat with them all about the wheels as they had not seen them before.

He was really beating himself up over it, which I did not want, just one of those days for him i guess..

Thank you all, I think it is safe to say I have learnt my lesson and will not be using Kwik Fit again! I went there expecting the staff to be experienced (maybe middle age or so....) instead they were all about 20 years old and clearly not the most experienced. Think I am a bit too laid back, which is why I did not kick off! I think my words were 'honestly mate, these things happen, don't worry about it' !!! He was a really nice lad, when he took me in the shop to look at the damage I even had a chat with them all about the wheels as they had not seen them before.

He was really beating himself up over it, which I did not want, just one of those days for him i guess..

There will be a reason they have insurance buddy, new wheels and nothing less in my opinion. I once had to make a claim against solicitors because they messed up on a lease extension, recovered every penny and never fell out with them and still use them today.

No need to grip your ankles on this one imho, mistakes are made and you shoudnt suffer for someone elses incompetence!

Edited by Jetpilot
  • Like 1

I just had a thought. Were the carbon inserts already fitted MCOOK? If they were, have a very good inspection of them when you get the wheels back because I'm pretty sure they would have to remove them to refurb the wheel and may cause damage.

I had fitted them prior. Obviously not expecting this outcome! That was also a thought of mine, they are only held on by a 3m adhesive backing, so once taken off they probably will no longer stick. :headhurt:

Are they pretty hard or can they bend a little?

They're pretty bendy, I am betting I get the wheels back with the inserts missing, and then get told I would have to get some from the supplier as they could no do the refurb with them on.

Well at least there is little chance of them being snapped then, however, look very closely at them and make sure they haven't scraped them or left any marks from removing them. If they have, they can pay for them. You should contact the supplier (Tarmac I assume) and see if he can get a quote for new inserts, then you'll know how much they owe you when you see if they're damaged or not.

Look like I am getting 2 new wheels.

The guy took the damaged ones to be referbed and they basically refused to do them, maybe because of the design or something..

So he has agreed to replace the wheels, but kwik fit themselves will not pay, it will be out of his personal pocket.

• Like 3

Look like I am getting 2 new wheels.

The guy took the damaged ones to be referbed and they basically refused to do them, maybe because of the design or something..

So he has agreed to replace the wheels, but kwik fit themselves will not pay, it will be out of his personal pocket.

great outcome, i don't care whose pocket it comes out of as long as it is not yours.

• Like 3

Good news, however it's @*!# that they're making him pay out of his own pocket.

he ****ed up at the end of the day

Yup, he made a mistake, but its a big company and shouldn't be making a mere worker fork out 2 weeks wages for it.

Yup, he made a mistake, but its a big company and shouldn't be making a mere worker fork out 2 weeks wages for it.

i do agree with you but its kiwk fit they shaft the customers and the staff

i do agree with you but its kiwk fit they shaft the customers and the staff

I was sitting trying to think of a way out of it for the staff, but he'll be given an ultimatum of pay for it himself either with his wages or his job.

It's probably illegal too unless it's in his contract, which is highly unlikely.

I'd be tempted to mention that to him, he doesn't deserve to get shafted like this.

I didn't even comment on this because I don't think its true. It may be a method for quickfit to try and get out of paying you by making it more personal as its supposedly out of the lads pocket.

forget about it, take the money and move on. I highly doubt this will be coming out of his pocket.

Edited by WINKJ

Kwik Fit should have public liability insurance to cover eventualities like this, after all the guy is representing Kwik Fit, he's not working for himself.

I don't believe the story of him having to fork out of his own pocket!

Another twist, he want's me to buy the 2 replacements initially, and then present him with an invoice which then will be paid in cash to me from his pocket...

I am going to contact drift works and explain the situation and see if they can supply 2 replacements as when I purchased them they were 10% off which has now ended, meaning the guy will have to pay even more.

I do now have the wheels at home, rears fit fine, front's need spacing.

However I could just do a grundy until I get spacers sorted!