BRAND New rims... update. Now gone in for a refurb, after a week of ownership!!!!!!!

MCook

No it's not, but I had forgotten that the design was a six spoke, so like Dan I was temporarily confused how a five spoke design would gain a sixth spoke after the refurb, but then realised it was a six spoke design, which then made sense again.

So no, what you said wasn't wrong as long as all parties involved with the conversation have 100% context.

No it's not, but I had forgotten that the design was a six spoke, so like Dan I was temporarily confused how a five spoke design would gain a sixth spoke after the refurb, but then realised it was a six spoke design, which then made sense again.

So no, what you said wasn't wrong as long as all parties involved with the conversation have 100% context.

phew!! For a minute there i thought i was mentally challenged .

And? Are you telling me that you actually think it's acceptable for a 19 year old to take his daddy with him when the mean ol' man at Kwik Fit makes a boo-boo of his wheels?

Well i wouldnt like to second guess a situation or circumstance...

but if it was my money that bought the wheels for my lad, then I would be taking myself down there to make sure they werent going to try to pull a fast one on a young face after a monumental kock up.

edited:

I am making assumptions based on my perceived reality, which means I am in a likely position to be totally wrong. I mean no offense to MCook in either instance.

The important thing (getting back on topic) is for you to get your wheels sorted :thumbs:

Edited by Pritchard

And? Are you telling me that you actually think it's acceptable for a 19 year old to take his daddy with him when the mean ol' man at Kwik Fit makes a boo-boo of his wheels?

Well i wouldnt like to second guess a situation or circumstance...

but if it was my money that bought the wheels for my lad, then I would be taking myself down there to make sure they werent going to try to pull a fast one on a young face after a monumental kock up.

edited:

I am making assumptions based on my perceived reality, which means I am in a likely position to be totally wrong. I mean no offense to MCook in either instance.

The important thing (getting back on topic) is for you to get your wheels sorted :thumbs:

The wheels were paid for 100% out of my pocket, just like the car was. I did not ask my dad to go down there, when I got home and told him the situation he was not happy, and got straight on the phone and went down there, he did not go off on one at the guy, simply said 'if they were your brand new wheels how would you feel and what would you want done'.

• Like 2

I am not sure how much these cost, but its actually irrelevant to me, if i had gone in with 4 new wheels i would want nothing less than 4 new wheels coming out.

I just dont think a repair is satisfactory, its not like they were 10 years old and in average condition and sure you would be well within your rights to expect them to be replaced.

I would tell the branch manager that is whats expected, if you get nowhere, the area manager, then national etc

I would also be in touch with citizens advice to check your rights and relay what they have advised to Kwick Fit.

• Like 2

I just had a thought. Were the carbon inserts already fitted MCOOK? If they were, have a very good inspection of them when you get the wheels back because I'm pretty sure they would have to remove them to refurb the wheel and may cause damage.

I just had a thought. Were the carbon inserts already fitted MCOOK? If they were, have a very good inspection of them when you get the wheels back because I'm pretty sure they would have to remove them to refurb the wheel and may cause damage.

I had fitted them prior. Obviously not expecting this outcome! That was also a thought of mine, they are only held on by a 3m adhesive backing, so once taken off they probably will no longer stick. :headhurt:

I had fitted them prior. Obviously not expecting this outcome! That was also a thought of mine, they are only held on by a 3m adhesive backing, so once taken off they probably will no longer stick. :headhurt:

Are they pretty hard or can they bend a little?

Are they pretty hard or can they bend a little?

They're pretty bendy, I am betting I get the wheels back with the inserts missing, and then get told I would have to get some from the supplier as they could no do the refurb with them on.

I admire you keeping your cool over this mate. If I had gone anywhere with brand new rims and they were damaged due to negligence from the other party I would put my foot down to demand a replacement. I mean you haven't even had them on the car yet!

Mate, I feel for you on this. Can't add anything of any value over what others have said. Hope you get it sorted to your satisfaction. Make sure to check them out good and proper when you get them back.

Why the hell can't these places look after people's property. The number of times I've had little bits of damage done when taking my cars in for servicing or new tyres in the past is ridiculous.

Best of luck mate.

• Like 1