BRAND New rims... update. Now gone in for a refurb, after a week of ownership!!!!!!!

MCook

They look well good!

All you gotta do is drop the car to tuck tyre and it will look epic!

Only thing is to donthat it will be sitting on the floor lol

Planning to drop it 30mm with rolled arches, rear spats, and carbon fibre diffusers all round!

For Christ sake it's only 15mm more poke than everyone with Rota's runs! Look at 15mm on a ruler, it's eff all. Once the car is dropped it'll look ace. Mine looked like crap with the Grids on until I dropped it too.

• Like 2

Sorry guys but i just don`t get the spacer thing. If your buying new wheels get the right offset for the car and do the job correctly. Spacers are not a mod, they are an incorrect solution to a problem.

If the center line of the wheel is no longer where its meant to be then it creates additional loading on the wheel bearings and can affect the handling of the car due to upsetting the geometry of the steering etc.

Had an interesting conversation with compomotive (http://www.comp.co.uk/wheels/wheels.asp?section=ml-24-13) a while back about the price of their wheels compared to other companies like JBW (midland wheels) and the simple answer was ` ours are made to fit your car correctly, not just a generic wheel.

Says it all for me i`m afraid.

I know they can look good from a distance but up close those spacers just look wrong. Lets hope they don`t fail when cornering hard.

• Like 3

Sorry guys but i just don`t get the spacer thing. If your buying new wheels get the right offset for the car and do the job correctly. Spacers are not a mod, they are an incorrect solution to a problem.

If the center line of the wheel is no longer where its meant to be then it creates additional loading on the wheel bearings and can affect the handling of the car due to upsetting the geometry of the steering etc.

Had an interesting conversation with compomotive (http://www.comp.co.u...ection=ml-24-13) a while back about the price of their wheels compared to other companies like JBW (midland wheels) and the simple answer was ` ours are made to fit your car correctly, not just a generic wheel.

I know they can look good from a distance but up close those spacers just look wrong. Lets hope they don`t fail when cornering hard.

There is only a 5mm spacer on the front, 5mm!

• Like 1

Had an interesting conversation with compomotive (http://www.comp.co.uk/wheels/wheels.asp?section=ml-24-13) a while back about the price of their wheels compared to other companies like JBW (midland wheels) and the simple answer was ` ours are made to fit your car correctly, not just a generic wheel.

Hard to get a wheel that fits perfectly when no one has tried them before. They are et15 on the front, which on most wheels would fit the 350 perfectly, unfortunately due to spoke design these are a little close to the caliper.

Wheels look ace! Rota would have been the obvious decision but too many Zed's have them IMO. It is nice to see something different :thumbs:

As mentioned above it just needs a drop although I would carry out the arch work before any ride height adjustments; you do not want to have any fouling issues. It will drive you mad, trust me.

• Like 1

Had an interesting conversation with compomotive (http://www.comp.co.u...ection=ml-24-13) a while back about the price of their wheels compared to other companies like JBW (midland wheels) and the simple answer was ` ours are made to fit your car correctly, not just a generic wheel.

Can i be correct to assume your car is stock by your avatar? The idea of modification and custom car lays behind making what doesnt work well work

But can i ask a few questions

1) the wheels he wants dont come in the OEM sizes so how can he get what doesnt exist

2) how many race cars run wider wheels than stock on the regular Hubs/bearings?

3) how are compomotive wheels made for a car if they dont know what car the buyer has , you still have to choose the specs you want so they are as a generic wheel wheel as any other

4) i guess the same goes for engine swaps and custom builds where people fabricate there own suspension etc these people shouldnt do it as the parts used arent 'Designed' to fit

5) Wide low offset wheels given a wider track and allow for a wider tyre make the handling worse? better tell these guys there doing it wrong as there all running wide and lower offset wheels

6) Spacers i guess your worried about them well alot of drifter globally use them and i would say put them through alot more strain than any road car will

This is a scion Tc its a fwd new school celica its been converted to rear wheel drive with a gearbox and running gear thats not designed for the car but they made it fit and work, Its had its suspension cut and modified as there are no off the shelf parts so it can get stupid amounts of steering lock its is also running wide and low offset wheels so make it handle better i just do not see where the mentality of it wasn't designed for the car so it must not be fitted as it ruin it comes from as you do not know the plan for the car, go tell bizz his LS3 and running gear isnt designed for the car so he better keep it OEM

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 6

Daym! Steve went IN! :lol:

Didst mean to sound harsh :blush: , might need mouthwash to translate it to a more understandable way haha

Just the whole don't do anything but the normal or do whats known to work mentality is stupid if everyone had that we would still be sat in a cave :lol:

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 2

At the end of the day if the wheels dont fit, they dont fit. Trying to roll archers, fit spacers etc just to accomodate a particular wheel design are all compromises when you could have just spent the £££ on wheels that are produced in sizes that do fit correctly.

I just dont get spending all that cash and then end it with bodges.

Edited by Sargara
  • Like 3

For Christ sake it's only 15mm more poke than everyone with Rota's runs! Look at 15mm on a ruler, it's eff all. Once the car is dropped it'll look ace. Mine looked like crap with the Grids on until I dropped it too.

You say its only 15mm but with 275 on the rear that means they will rub when lowered. Unless of course the arches are rolled/big camber.

So it depends if the OP is in the long haul or just wanted a fancy set of wheels. If the car is setup properly it could be made to look very nice. But if left as it is it will be a bit of a bodge job.

I look forward to see the progress :)

• Like 2

At the end of the day if the wheels dont fit, they dont fit. Trying to roll archers, fit spacers etc just to accomodate a particular wheel design are all compromises when you could have just spent the £££ on wheels that are produced in sizes that do fit correctly.

Same can be said to all Zeds that people fit high maintenance FI setups to,

Just buy a 400bhp in the first place dont try and bodge a 300bhp car with FI setup that it wasnt designed to have

That's a bit different Steve: A more appropriate comparison would be buying a turbo kit with a manifold for a Ford V6, then having some adaptor flanges made up instead of just buying the right manifold in the first place.

• Like 1

Yeah..... define bodge please?

20120913_093852_zps83f9ecf9.jpg

He accommodated his wheels (That aren't oem sizes) Can't really say this is bodged..

If people don't try something new, we'd all be running around on Rota's and V2 front ends...

• Like 1

That's a bit different Steve: A more appropriate comparison would be buying a turbo kit with a manifold for a Ford V6, then having some adaptor flanges made up instead of just buying the right manifold in the first place.

i disagree

Senario 1 : i want this design/brand of wheel

Senario 2 : i want 400bhp

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fix 1: bolt something that wasn't designed to be there from factory

Fix 2: bolt something that wasn't designed to be there from factory

i disagree

Senario 1 : i want this design/brand of wheel

Senario 2 : i want 400bhp

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fix 1: bolt something that wasn't designed to be there from factory

Fix 2: bolt something that wasn't designed to be there from factory

Nope.

Scenario 1: i want this design/brand of wheel

Scenario 2: I want 400bhp

Fix 1: Buy wheels with the correct offset to fit.

Fix 1.5: Buy wheels with dodgy offset and have to correct in other ways

Fix 2: Buy Zed-specific turbo kit

Fix 2.5: Buy non Zed-specific kit and have to correct in other ways