BRAND New rims... update. Now gone in for a refurb, after a week of ownership!!!!!!!

MCook

At the end of the day if the wheels dont fit, they dont fit. Trying to roll archers, fit spacers etc just to accomodate a particular wheel design are all compromises when you could have just spent the £££ on wheels that are produced in sizes that do fit correctly.

I just dont get spending all that cash and then end it with bodges.

Same can be said to all Zeds that people fit high maintenance FI setups to,

Just buy a 400bhp in the first place dont try and bodge a 300bhp car with FI setup that it wasnt designed to have

Show me a true rwhp 400hp oem car you can buy for £10K?

show me a 400 rwhp 350z bought and built for 10k

Edited by StevoD

At the end of the day if the wheels dont fit, they dont fit. Trying to roll archers, fit spacers etc just to accomodate a particular wheel design are all compromises when you could have just spent the £££ on wheels that are produced in sizes that do fit correctly.

Just buy a 400bhp in the first place dont try and bodge a 300bhp car with FI setup that it wasnt designed to have

Bet this could be bought for around that, but even at 11k show me an oem car?

http://www.350z-uk.com/topic/91240-supercharged-350z-for-sale/

http://www.350z-uk.c...-350z-for-sale/

This is going sooooooooooooooo off topic, people have missed stevo's point because Mouthwash isn't here to interpritate and Stevo is digging him self a hole.

Lets just call it quits.

But whilst your looking how about these

13k of 500bhp Bmw m5

http://www.autotrade...dcars?logcode=p

or how about

10k of 450bhp Audi rs6

http://www.autotrade.../audi?logcode=p

15k of 514bhp Merc AMG

http://www.autotrade...-benz?logcode=p

14k of 390bhp Masterati

http://www.autotrade...g87sb?logcode=p

No 350z has been bought and modified to 400 wheel horsepower for 10k all in Yet.

i no the supercharger guys are spending about 6-7k all in for about 340-350 at the wheel plus the 7-8k of buying the car your talking 14k for 350whp

Edited by StevoD

http://www.350z-uk.c...-350z-for-sale/

This is going sooooooooooooooo off topic, people have missed stevo's point because Mouthwash isn't here to interpritate and Stevo is digging him self a hole.

Lets just call it quits.

mouthwash car isnt 400bhp at the wheels so im not diggin any hole

especially not with his current boost leak ;)

Edited by StevoD

My car is around that (439 at the fly)? Stop putting buyers off! :lol:

And the boost leak is around 1.9k rpm, at 6k RPM it's running the boost it should be :p

On topic - those wheels will look okay once you lower it properly, I think you'll need more than a 30mm drop to pull it off though.

Edited by mouthwash
  • Like 1

And the boost leak is around 1.9k rpm, at 6k RPM it's running the boost it should be :p

On topic - those wheels will look okay once you lower it properly, I think you'll need more than a 30mm drop to pull it off though.

And different size rear tyres

i dont want you to sell it tho :(

i dont want you to sell it tho :(

Don't worry I'm working on it.

Sorry guys but i just don`t get the spacer thing. If your buying new wheels get the right offset for the car and do the job correctly. Spacers are not a mod, they are an incorrect solution to a problem.

If the center line of the wheel is no longer where its meant to be then it creates additional loading on the wheel bearings and can affect the handling of the car due to upsetting the geometry of the steering etc.

Had an interesting conversation with compomotive (http://www.comp.co.u...ection=ml-24-13) a while back about the price of their wheels compared to other companies like JBW (midland wheels) and the simple answer was ` ours are made to fit your car correctly, not just a generic wheel.

Says it all for me i`m afraid.

I know they can look good from a distance but up close those spacers just look wrong. Lets hope they don`t fail when cornering hard.

Can i be correct to assume your car is stock by your avatar? The idea of modification and custom car lays behind making what doesnt work well work

But can i ask a few questions

1) the wheels he wants dont come in the OEM sizes so how can he get what doesnt exist Yep that would be a problem

2) how many race cars run wider wheels than stock on the regular Hubs/bearings? And rebuild them at regular intervals plus have the advantage of a run off area if its needed.

3) how are compomotive wheels made for a car if they dont know what car the buyer has , you still have to choose the specs you want so they are as a generic wheel wheel as any other When you order them you tell them what car it is and they supply them with the correct offset which is why they cost more

4) i guess the same goes for engine swaps and custom builds where people fabricate there own suspension etc these people shouldnt do it as the parts used arent 'Designed' to fit Its not about not doing it but doing it correctly

5) Wide low offset wheels given a wider track and allow for a wider tyre make the handling worse? better tell these guys there doing it wrong as there all running wide and lower offset wheels If the offset is incorrect it can change the KPI to the centre of the wheel which could affect the self centering of the steering. The car may look good but the steering could be twitchy etc. Lots of these problems are hidden due to power steering but without it you would notice the feel is a lot different. Google it there is loads of info about it. Correct suspension set up is what makes a car handle correctly.

6) Spacers i guess your worried about them well alot of drifter globally use them and i would say put them through alot more strain than any road car will Again if your drifting you are changing wheels regularly and likely to notice a problem and even if you dont and get a sudden failure its on a track so safer.

This is a scion Tc its a fwd new school celica its been converted to rear wheel drive with a gearbox and running gear thats not designed for the car but they made it fit and work, Its had its suspension cut and modified as there are no off the shelf parts so it can get stupid amounts of steering lock its is also running wide and low offset wheels so make it handle better i just do not see where the mentality of it wasn't designed for the car so it must not be fitted as it ruin it comes from as you do not know the plan for the car, go tell bizz his LS3 and running gear isnt designed for the car so he better keep it OEM

I like modded cars and appreciate the work that goes into them but i also like things done correctly.

My car is standard apart from the exhaust because its a genuine low mileage low number of owners car and i aim to have it a long time. Lets be honest, we all appreciate a classic when its standard and not been mucked about with.

It is personal choice as i said i`m not against modding but a lot of the time it actually makes the car worst. How many posts do you read on here where people have a problem after they carry out a mod. Is that them doing it or the mod....?

I did`nt want to provoke such a reaction and did`nt mean to offend it was more out of frustration of seeing yet another 350 heading in the Barryboys direction. Sorry if thats maybe a bit harsh.....lol

I actually like the FI cars because i appreciate the engineering that goes into it and nearly went down that route myself before deciding to stay standard.

Remember, when you fit a BGW it dont do a lot when your stuck on the M25 in the traffic. Off topic but hopefully you will understand what i mean.

Remember guys nissan spent millions on R & D when they designed the car, its not all bad and you can`t always improve on it so bear that in mind. I want something that goes and handles not just looks good. Its probably my age...lol

When i was an apprentice one of the mechanics i worked with asked how much money i had spent on the stereo and speakers in my car, when i told him he said, i would have rather spent that under the bonnet. Guess thats where i`m at now.

• Like 1

Remember guys nissan spent millions on R & D when they designed the car, its not all bad and you can`t always improve on it so bear that in mind.

Yeah but, no but, yeah but, improvement to some degree can be in the eye of the beholder when talking about the look of a car. So, you could say " I have improved its looks, yet compromised the handling somewhat " but that's a choice the owner makes. Edited by Rock_Steady
  • Like 1

Sorry guys but i just don`t get the spacer thing. If your buying new wheels get the right offset for the car and do the job correctly. Spacers are not a mod, they are an incorrect solution to a problem.

If the center line of the wheel is no longer where its meant to be then it creates additional loading on the wheel bearings and can affect the handling of the car due to upsetting the geometry of the steering etc.

Had an interesting conversation with compomotive (http://www.comp.co.u...ection=ml-24-13) a while back about the price of their wheels compared to other companies like JBW (midland wheels) and the simple answer was ` ours are made to fit your car correctly, not just a generic wheel.

Says it all for me i`m afraid.

I know they can look good from a distance but up close those spacers just look wrong. Lets hope they don`t fail when cornering hard.

Can i be correct to assume your car is stock by your avatar? The idea of modification and custom car lays behind making what doesnt work well work

But can i ask a few questions

1) the wheels he wants dont come in the OEM sizes so how can he get what doesnt exist Yep that would be a problem

2) how many race cars run wider wheels than stock on the regular Hubs/bearings? And rebuild them at regular intervals plus have the advantage of a run off area if its needed.

3) how are compomotive wheels made for a car if they dont know what car the buyer has , you still have to choose the specs you want so they are as a generic wheel wheel as any other When you order them you tell them what car it is and they supply them with the correct offset which is why they cost more

4) i guess the same goes for engine swaps and custom builds where people fabricate there own suspension etc these people shouldnt do it as the parts used arent 'Designed' to fit Its not about not doing it but doing it correctly

5) Wide low offset wheels given a wider track and allow for a wider tyre make the handling worse? better tell these guys there doing it wrong as there all running wide and lower offset wheels If the offset is incorrect it can change the KPI to the centre of the wheel which could affect the self centering of the steering. The car may look good but the steering could be twitchy etc. Lots of these problems are hidden due to power steering but without it you would notice the feel is a lot different. Google it there is loads of info about it. Correct suspension set up is what makes a car handle correctly.

6) Spacers i guess your worried about them well alot of drifter globally use them and i would say put them through alot more strain than any road car will Again if your drifting you are changing wheels regularly and likely to notice a problem and even if you dont and get a sudden failure its on a track so safer.

This is a scion Tc its a fwd new school celica its been converted to rear wheel drive with a gearbox and running gear thats not designed for the car but they made it fit and work, Its had its suspension cut and modified as there are no off the shelf parts so it can get stupid amounts of steering lock its is also running wide and low offset wheels so make it handle better i just do not see where the mentality of it wasn't designed for the car so it must not be fitted as it ruin it comes from as you do not know the plan for the car, go tell bizz his LS3 and running gear isnt designed for the car so he better keep it OEM

I like modded cars and appreciate the work that goes into them but i also like things done correctly.

My car is standard apart from the exhaust because its a genuine low mileage low number of owners car and i aim to have it a long time. Lets be honest, we all appreciate a classic when its standard and not been mucked about with.

It is personal choice as i said i`m not against modding but a lot of the time it actually makes the car worst. How many posts do you read on here where people have a problem after they carry out a mod. Is that them doing it or the mod....?

I did`nt want to provoke such a reaction and did`nt mean to offend it was more out of frustration of seeing yet another 350 heading in the Barryboys direction. Sorry if thats maybe a bit harsh.....lol

I actually like the FI cars because i appreciate the engineering that goes into it and nearly went down that route myself before deciding to stay standard.

Remember, when you fit a BGW it dont do a lot when your stuck on the M25 in the traffic. Off topic but hopefully you will understand what i mean.

Remember guys nissan spent millions on R & D when they designed the car, its not all bad and you can`t always improve on it so bear that in mind. I want something that goes and handles not just looks good. Its probably my age...lol

When i was an apprentice one of the mechanics i worked with asked how much money i had spent on the stereo and speakers in my car, when i told him he said, i would have rather spent that under the bonnet. Guess thats where i`m at now.

That a fair point on all parts and sorry it my replay came over aggressive it wasnt supposed to be but i type like a buffalo

But like you say with the BGW not everyone is fortunate enough to be able to have a show car or a race car and a nice car,

So if like Grundy he has a BGW which he feels makes his track driving experience better, then that wing must come along for the ride anywhere

Same to people who built low stanced show cars most aren't fortunate enough to have two cars so during the week his hobby has to come with him

Same to MPSS tyre and correctly fitted Fi systems like you say in town and on the M25 stuck on track they make no difference but when you get to your hobby your passion thats when it comes into play

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 2

I had to use Kwik fit when I had a company car supplied through lex.

They were @*!# and always had a bad attitude.

Never been to a Kwik fit where the staff didn't look and speak like they were on day release.

• Like 1

I had to use Kwik fit when I had a company car supplied through lex.

They were @*!# and always had a bad attitude.

Never been to a Kwik fit where the staff didn't look and speak like they were on day release.

I have learnt my lesson, will be going there to collect my money and that will be the last time I step foot in there!