BRAND New rims... update. Now gone in for a refurb, after a week of ownership!!!!!!!

MCook

The saga continues...

So today was the day I was supposed to be collecting my money from the lad at qwik fit. I went along as planned, there was a guy at the desk that I had not seen before (guessing it was the manager), I asked to see lad that was meant to be paying me.

His reply was.. 'he has been suspended and will most likely be losing his job, and therefore is refusing to pay the money.'

He then took all my details and said he will be calling the regional manager to organise payment from Qwik fit themselves.

I got in my car and headed home and was kind of feeling bad for the guy, I mean everyone makes mistakes.............

THEN, when I got home, my dad said, 'did you not get my email, the lad phoned and said he cannot make it because of a family emergency and will have to do it on thursday.'

He had obviously called to try and prevent me from going down there and hearing the truth from his boss.

I just do not know what to think now......

Mate... Seriously stop letting them take the p1ss out of you over and over. go down there, notify the manager and don't leave until you have the cash or at least someone on the end of a phone who can sort it. How many times are you visiting them and leaving empty handed...... Good GOD man

Or.. Chalk it up to a mistake and move on

Edited by WINKJ
  • Like 2

Mate... Seriously stop letting them take the p1ss out of you over and over. go down there, notify the manager and don't leave until you have the cash or at least someone on the end of a phone who can sort it. How many times are you visiting them and leaving empty handed...... Good GOD man

Or.. Chalk it up to a mistake and move on

this! the more you walk away each time the more the realise they can take charge of you not the other way around

Edited by StevoD

It almost sounds to me like the kid fcuked up and was trying to hide it by paying you out of pocket, but then his boss found out about it and has suspended him. If that is the case, the manager is a dick.

• Like 1

If they dont pay and soon, sue the robbing ****** They shouldnt be messing you around like this, its disgusting. You seem to be being to nice, and i bet they can sense this so are trying to take you for a ride. Its their mistake, they need to pay you. Fullstop. Hope this resolves itself for you mate.

This is very simple.

Whatever is going on internally between Kwik Fit and their fitter has nothing to do with you. Do not get involved, do not pass go, do not collect £200 etc. Your contract was with Kwik Fit, and any damages you feel are due should be paid by Kwik Fit, end of story.

Write a letter explaining what happened on the day, and what you require as recompense. Keep it factual, don't put in the bits about the other guy promising to pay you but it didn't happen as it's completely irrelevant. A couple of paragraphs should do, and then take it down to them (or post it signed for with proof of signature). Give them seven days to come up with something suitable, or you'll take them to SCC.

That's it. That's all you have to do.

• Like 4

Personally I wouldnt have even taken the wheels away once they were damaged, I certainly wouldnt have put them on the car and driven round on them. There is plenty of advise of what course of action to take so just pick whichever you feel most comfortable with.

If it were me at this point I would be in there or at least on the phone on a daily basis until I had the settlement, have you even phoned Kwick Fit customer complaints, have you phoned citizens advise. Pop in today, see if the lad is back, bet you he is ;)

You are getting the run around and will continue to if you keep being so accomodating. Emails, calls, letters until you get the refund!

• Like 2

MCook, I hope you get this sorted, I quite like the wheels by the way. Important thing you need to do asap.

Did you get anything in writing from anyone (as in the manager of the branch, who is a representative of Kwik Fit and therefore can accept responsibility on their behalf) saying that they were accepting responsibility for the damage to the wheels and that they will be replacing them?

If not do this right now, you must (must,must,must,must .......... X a million and etc) get something in writing where they accept responsibility and that they are going to replace the wheels at their cost.

Edited by Bockaaarck

It almost sounds to me like the kid fcuked up and was trying to hide it by paying you out of pocket, but then his boss found out about it and has suspended him. If that is the case, the manager is a dick.

That was exactly my thinking.

You are getting the run around and will continue to if you keep being so accomodating. Emails, calls, letters until you get the refund!

this it took me 3 months of weekly emails back and forth to toyota to get me ol mans car paint repaired which was part of the deal when he bought it

Had a nasty feeling it might go tits up, I am still confused as to how the management got bypassed, I would have been very suspicious of the fact that an employee was handling the compensation, your problem now is that although it seems a member of the management has said you will be compensated...you have nothing in writing admitting liability, so they could just turn around and deny the whole thing.

Good luck though.

I think some people need to take a step back here. Working for a big company, I know there are procedures to be followed. The manager most likely will have protocol or Standard Operating Procedures to follow in this scenario, he can not simply go into the back and pull out a fist full of cash and hand it to MCook to buy new wheels.

He will have his boss to relay the information to and the area manager may or may not have to relay the info to his boss in order to approve a refund. You can send 10 letters a day and it won't make a difference, but I would be keeping contact with them a couple of times a week in the form of calling down, because if they do try to slide it under there table, it's much easier to do over the phone than in person.

• Like 4

You need to stop letting them give you the run around. Everyone has given you all the advice they can on here. Please take note of it and take some action.

Everytime you walk away they're laughing at you behind your back.

I agree that you shouldn't have walked away with the wheels damaged in the first place, forget even fitting them and driving around in them! I know you were excited about having the new wheels but honestly, you're going the completely wrong way about this.

I wouldn't have even let them go to get refurbed, I would have demanded a replacement set there and then. Not done any "deals" with the fitter and gone straight to management whilst I was there.

I hope you have recorded all the accounts of what has happened since the incident and are able to write a report to send to them.

If not then it's going to end up going round and round in circles...

I hope you get it sorted mate, but lesson learned!

I think some people need to take a step back here. Working for a big company, I know there are procedures to be followed. The manager most likely will have protocol or Standard Operating Procedures to follow in this scenario, he can not simply go into the back and pull out a fist full of cash and hand it to MCook to buy new wheels.

He will have his boss to relay the information to and the area manager may or may not have to relay the info to his boss in order to approve a refund. You can send 10 letters a day and it won't make a difference, but I would be keeping contact with them a couple of times a week in the form of calling down, because if they do try to slide it under there table, it's much easier to do over the phone than in person.

That's the issue though, Mcook seems to be falling for some sob story and thinks he's under the impression that he's just dealing with this privately - It needs to be dealt with a senior staff and with kwik fit them selves

That's the issue though, Mcook seems to be falling for some sob story and thinks he's under the impression that he's just dealing with this privately - It needs to be dealt with a senior staff and with kwik fit them selves

It is being dealt with by senior staff, the manager has progressed the issue :)

Wait a little while and check in a few days to see if your issue is being sorted, I'd be speaking with management to get this resolved. Don't settle for anything but a wheel replacement mate! They will most probably try weasel their way out of it or try fob you off with a refurb or something but don't back down and you'll get what you want!!

Edited by pjf1985

exactly the same situation happened to my brother a few months ago, new wheels and the tyre fitter scratched 2 of them, they offered a refurb but he said " I came in with new wheels and that is what I want, NOT repaired wheels" . It took less than a week to get them replaced

This sort of thing is very common because the monkeys doing the work are used to people not caring about their cars

This wasn't Kwik fit ...... a placed called lobitos tyres, tbh I dont trust any of them

• Like 1

Kind of too late now but he should have first taken photos at the time, and also demanded a head office contact, and relayed all the relevant information to them, that way the branch cant jerk you about and come up with all kinds of porkies, unfortunately although the branch was at fault, the OP has put himself in a precarious position by the way he has handled it, but like I said I do wish him luck in getting it sorted.

Kind of too late now but he should have first taken photos at the time, and also demanded a head office contact, and relayed all the relevant information to them, that way the branch cant jerk you about and come up with all kinds of porkies, unfortunately although the branch was at fault, the OP has put himself in a precarious position by the way he has handled it, but like I said I do wish him luck in getting it sorted.

Along with taking them home and fitting them, probably wasn't the best move :/