BRAND New rims... update. Now gone in for a refurb, after a week of ownership!!!!!!!

MCook

@Grundy: And when MCook's car looks like that, it'll be fine.

Until then, it looks daft.

Oh I agree that it's looking a bit off atm, but that's the same as mine. (doesn't help that I'm just not a fan of the wheels :lol:) Was just trying to point out, mods don't have to be classed as bodged to sargara :)

also i guess ive bodge my car then as im running spacer so my wheels fit

Why dont you buy the right wheels you say ?

Well when i can get 10 wheels that require a 20mm spacer for £900

or buy 10 wheels that don't require a spacer for £2600

i think i know what ill take

That's a bit different Steve: A more appropriate comparison would be buying a turbo kit with a manifold for a Ford V6, then having some adaptor flanges made up instead of just buying the right manifold in the first place.

i disagree

Senario 1 : i want this design/brand of wheel

Senario 2 : i want 400bhp

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Fix 1: bolt something that wasn't designed to be there from factory

Fix 2: bolt something that wasn't designed to be there from factory

Nope.

Scenario 1: i want this design/brand of wheel

Scenario 2: I want 400bhp

Fix 1: Buy wheels with the correct offset to fit.

Fix 1.5: Buy wheels with dodgy offset and have to correct in other ways

Fix 2: Buy Zed-specific turbo kit

Fix 2.5: Buy non Zed-specific kit and have to correct in other ways

So every '350z' Turbo and super charger kit has worked 100% out of the box and not required and extra maintenance than the standard car

as in my eyes making something more high maintenance and more unrelaible isnt a 'fix'

Oh I agree that it's looking a bit off atm, but that's the same as mine. (doesn't help that I'm just not a fan of the wheels :lol:) Was just trying to point out, mods don't have to be classed as bodged to sargara :)

Sorry if it came across that way but that wasnt the point I was trying to make. The fact that these wheels do not fit as desired and the OP is having to perform "mods" to make them fit (spacers, rolled arches) are to my mind what classes them as bodges, he is having to do them to get the result he wants not because he wants to "mod". Hopefully that makes sense now, sorry for any mix up.

Anyway this is taking it offtopic so I'll leave it now. Good luck getting things sorted OP whatever you decide!

Edited by Sargara

@Grundy: And when MCook's car looks like that, it'll be fine.

Until then, it looks daft.

I do not need to be reminded in every single post of yours that it looks daft, I have already admitted that ATM the rears look silly.

I like to do things differently and as my parents would say (and I admit myself) I rarely listen/try to be as independent as possible when it comes to projects etc.

Hence my first car at 18 was a 2.2 Saab, vs the usual corsa, and then my second car at 19 being the zed vs a newer corsa... (thats just a few examples)

Same can be said for my wheels I guess, did not want the usual.

How I see it now, I have a pretty nice project planned. Something I can actually put time into, work on getting it right and the end result will be spot on. It will also be a unique outcome.

• Like 3

I do not need to be reminded in every single post of yours that it looks daft, I have already admitted that ATM the rears look silly.

I like to do things differently and as my parents would say (and I admit myself) I rarely listen/try to be as independent as possible when it comes to projects etc.

Hence my first car at 18 was a 2.2 Saab, vs the usual corsa, and then my second car at 19 being the zed vs a newer corsa... (thats just a few examples)

How I see it now, I have a pretty nice project planned. Something I can actually put time into, work on getting it right and the end result will be spot on. It will also be a unique outcome.

Stop making it look daft then, and I'll stop mentioning it :p

There's being unique (I get that, as I've always gone for the non-obvious choice in cars in the past: VX vs Elise, MR2 vs MX5, convertible 350 vs coupe 350) and then there's just being stubborn and bodging things. Now, if you'd done the bodywork mods first with the principle that you'll get the wheels ASAP then I'd actually understand that, as although it would still look a bit silly with wheels that far under the arches it would've been what I would class as 'the right way round'.

Being independent doesn't always mean you have to ignore common sense. But you're only a kid, so I guess you'll learn that in time.

Anyways, you're probably right, there's no need to me to pass comment so often so I apologise for that. I wasn't being personal about it, I just struggle to see the logic in your approach is all. So what body mods are you going to do to accommodate those wheels? Will rolling alone do it, or are you going for some bolt-on extensions or a whole new wide-arch kit? The latter would look good, I think.

Faaaaair enouuuugh.

Mcook, what was the reason for the spacers? Did your wheels clear the brakes without?

Only spacers on the fronts, wheel was flat on the hub but just scraped on the calliper. Could have cleared it with a 2/3mm spacer tbh.

Stop making it look daft then, and I'll stop mentioning it :p

There's being unique (I get that, as I've always gone for the non-obvious choice in cars in the past: VX vs Elise, MR2 vs MX5, convertible 350 vs coupe 350) and then there's just being stubborn and bodging things. Now, if you'd done the bodywork mods first with the principle that you'll get the wheels ASAP then I'd actually understand that, as although it would still look a bit silly with wheels that far under the arches it would've been what I would class as 'the right way round'.

Being independent doesn't always mean you have to ignore common sense. But you're only a kid, so I guess you'll learn that in time.

Anyways, you're probably right, there's no need to me to pass comment so often so I apologise for that. I wasn't being personal about it, I just struggle to see the logic in your approach is all. So what body mods are you going to do to accommodate those wheels? Will rolling alone do it, or are you going for some bolt-on extensions or a whole new wide-arch kit? The latter would look good, I think.

Springs will be the first thing, hopefully lowering by 30mm will bring them into a better position, arches will only be rolled if they have to. (which they probably will)

As I said before, rear spats to make the rear look a bit fatter, rest will just be front, side, rear diffusers.

I have been thinking of Docwra's beast throughout this thread. I can imagine that if the modified arches were removed the wheel projection would be rather similar; if not slightly prouder. Needless to say Docwra's Zed is the dogs, most probably one of the best on here - can't imagine it came cheap!

Food for thought

I have been thinking of Docwra's beast throughout this thread. I can imagine that if the modified arches were removed the wheel projection would be rather similar; if not slightly prouder. Needless to say Docwra's Zed is the dogs, most probably one of the best on here - can't imagine it came cheap!

Food for thought

He has 10j ET -41 Front and 10j ET -43 Rear, thats a lot more poke! crazy!

• Like 1

Now, if you'd done the bodywork mods first with the principle that you'll get the wheels ASAP then I'd actually understand that, as although it would still look a bit silly with wheels that far under the arches it would've been what I would class as 'the right way round'.

thats look more daft than poke imo

b7m1hfd.jpg

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

his specs should fit fine

He has 4mm more poke than this

265/40/18

18x10 et3

DSC02366.jpg

i dont have tyre sizes but on the rear is

R18x12 et-13

He has about 40mm less poke than this

350Z-Rotiform-slammed-title.png

He has 5mm more poke than this

19x11 +17 275/30/19 rear

IMG_0066.jpg

Alot of the RPF1 guys are running 18x10.5 et 15 on the rear which sit 10mm futher in but most of the USA guys run a spacer to make it -5 offset

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 2

At the end of the day if the wheels dont fit, they dont fit. Trying to roll archers, fit spacers etc just to accomodate a particular wheel design are all compromises when you could have just spent the £££ on wheels that are produced in sizes that do fit correctly.

I just dont get spending all that cash and then end it with bodges.

Same can be said to all Zeds that people fit high maintenance FI setups to,

Just buy a 400bhp in the first place dont try and bodge a 300bhp car with FI setup that it wasnt designed to have

Show me a true 400rwhp oem car you can buy for £10K?

Edited by Jetpilot