What's your worst experience

Harryjax

today I experienced my worse.

After weeks struggling with a painful hip joint.

:crutches:

Went to the Doc's and had to have my hip joint injected. :cry:

Right into the joint not once but three injections of cortisone.

Ooooouuuuch. :cry: :cry:

Painful.

So what's your worst experience?

Vasectomy reversal. Was much, much worse than the original operation - really swollen and bruised and sore and off work for 2 months. And still paying the CSA because it worked ....... :rant:

That is the ultimate, nothing else even comes close.

Sorry bud but can't help :lol:

Tell us more Will .......... :scare:

Not pain for me, but driving a dune buggy with no brakes, seatbelts, bolts in seat mounts, instruments or anything else for about 2 hours down a single lane Brazilian Highway, in the pitch black, with no lights at all, trying to follow a faster dune buggy that had headlights but no taillights. Regular massive water filled craters. And my best mates parents in the back. :scare:

It had one working offside indicator which I was putting on every time something (invariably a massive lorry half on my side of the road) came towards me, we were using phones for light (seriously) and somehow we made it. Relief didnt even cover it, Ive never been as terrified in my life. :surrender:

Tell us more Will .......... :scare:

Not pain for me, but driving a dune buggy with no brakes, seatbelts, bolts in seat mounts, instruments or anything else for about 2 hours down a single lane Brazilian Highway, in the pitch black, with no lights at all, trying to follow a faster dune buggy that had headlights but no taillights. Regular massive water filled craters. And my best mates parents in the back. :scare:

It had one working offside indicator which I was putting on every time something (invariably a massive lorry half on my side of the road) came towards me, we were using phones for light (seriously) and somehow we made it. Relief didnt even cover it, Ive never been as terrified in my life. :surrender:

I bet the beer tasted good :)

No idea what I'd chose tbh. :shrug:

Crashed several cars including an 80mph+ roll over down a hill, ...dislocated my shoulder three times, each time putting it back myself (No, not like Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon), ...met my Mrs (only joking that's a good thing :D ), ...the dentist shoved a tooth through the top of my mouth whilst trying to remove it leading to an outpatients operation (knocked out) & 8-10 stiches in my mouth, ..oh yeah and a twisted testicle again leading to an operation (knocked out) which left me walking like John Wayne afterwards for a week or more, plus I had an extended 2 day stay in hospital after they gave me too much anesthesia leading to massive vomiting spells as well as some other fun symptoms.

There's more but this is starting to depress me now & make me feel unlucky or something. :surrender::lol:

Edited by GMballistic

No idea what I'd chose tbh. :shrug:

Crashed several cars including an 80mph+ roll over down a hill, ...dislocated my shoulder three times, each time putting it back myself (No, not like Mel Gibson in Lethal Weapon), ...met my Mrs (only joking that's a good thing :D ), ...the dentist shoved a tooth through the top of my mouth whilst trying to remove it leading to an outpatients operation (knocked out) & 8-10 stiches in my mouth, ..oh yeah and a twisted testicle again leading to an operation (knocked out) which left me walking like John Wayne afterwards for a week or more, plus I had an extended 2 day stay in hospital after they gave me too much anesthesia leading to massive vomiting spells as well as some other fun symptoms.

There's more but this is starting to depress me now & make me feel unlucky or something. :surrender::lol:

Just me or did anyone else just un-cross their legs to let the boys hang freely after reading that? :lol:

Edited by Humpy
  • Like 6

When I was 14 my right leg started to swell badly near the knee. It was left much too long before I was taken to the doctors. He said to my Mum - take him to hospital right now. Turned out I had a very big abcess inside my leg. They put me under, cut open my leg and drained about half a pint of gunk out. Because it was infectious the three inch wound couldn't be sewn up - it had to heal from the inside out. Evey day for about a fortnight a nurse would come into the room and pack the open wound with fresh gauze poking it in with pointy plastic tweezers. To this day that was my most painful experience. :)

Edited by sipar69

At 14 I broke both wrists at the same time. They out me in casts, one above the elbow and one below

A week later to see how I was progressing they decided the one below the elbow needed replacing with one above the elbow.

At 14 and having to ask your mother to wipe your bum after number twos isn't fun I have you know :lol:

For pain, at 17 I crashed a go kart and almost severed my foot. It was hanging at a very odd angle but I couldn't see properly due to clothes and shoes. When the paramedics arrived they wouldn't let me look and then put my foot back to roughky where it should be. I vaguelly remember chatting to the ambulance crew as high as a kite being rushed to hospital. They were talking about me losing my foot.

Fortunately I still have it but they had to fuse my ankle so have very limited movement.

Also gall stones, they fecking hurt too.

Those injections into joints are fecking painful too :(

• Like 1

Years ago (work) I endured some pretty stressful times. Due to this I had issues with cysts forming at the base of my eyelash follicles. These would appear as small lumps which were fairly painful. At the time I was with BUPA and got myself checked out. They said they could operate.

Went into the theatre and was given 3 injections around the eye (that didn't feel too great I tell you). Wait for the numbness to comes and away the surgeon goes..... With a SCALPEL!!!

So he's scraping away inside my eye lids to remove these cysts. Whilst he's mucking around taking twice as long as expected, the pain relief was wearing off. So what I couldn't feel earlier is now somewhat painful. I express my concerns and he's only got a few more to do. 10 minutes later I'm in agony!! The nurse came over and said "hold my hand if it's painfull" which I replied "no I'm okay I'll be fine" clearly she knew I wasn't happy about the pain and held my hand. Let's just say her hand was BLUE as I'd gripped her hand so hard.

Once it was over the doc said sorry for the pain, which I could have clocked him one. He said I would be okay to go out that evening but the pain was horrendous.

The best way I can describe the pain, imagine getting sharp stones and scraping them on your eyes and under your eyelids.

He said I could be prone to them again in the future but thankfully they've never returned.

Edited by Wasso
  • Like 1