iPhone 6/6Plus & Watch

Ekona

I cannot be the only person essentially creaming myself with excitement at the Watch launch tonight. Looks utterly mesmerising, and I think that Apple are back on their game with real software revolutions, rather than incremental hardware updates. I'll take a large Sports one please, with the mesh band.

I'm undecided on which iPhone 6 I'll be getting next week, as although I'm against huge phablets I would like the huge battery increase and image stabilisation. Great news on a 128GB version too, that's been a while coming.

• Like 1

Mate I watched it live!! Absolutely jizzing my pants!! Cannot wait to get rid of my 4s! Still, until today, I maintain, the best iphone ever made

Lol, me too! I was giggling like a child as he started to say "Just one more thing to show you..." :D

Lol he was wearing it the full way through was he not?

I've been chirping away on Facebook to myself about it. Currently in Stockton for work in a @*!# hotel bored! My video kept stalling though. Don't think apple were quite expecting the traffic. The watch looks absolutely amazing!

Yeah, my stream kept going a bit wonky too. I didn't think he was wearing it all the way through though, but if he was I totally missed it!

So many custom straps and the different types, it just looks amazing. Gonna be about £500 for the one I want, though.

its definatly going to be the 6 for me, the 6+ is just too big for me both have a great looking design though. i think they look fantastic.

I have a day off on monday so i shall be placing an order then for a 64gb in space grey i think depending on price.

Also i don't see the point of the watch, just a gimmick imo.

Has anyone managed to download the u2 album? i can't seem to find it on the iTunes store.

Edited by 350 Russ

Not bothered about the watch TBH. I also think the phone is too big at 4.7", should have proper image stabilisation in both handsets and I think it's a mistake getting rid of the 32GB rather than 16GB.

Still gonna preorder one on Friday, though :lol:

Apple doing what Apple do best..... Taking something that's pretty dull and making it possibly the most desirable thing on the planet..... As for the left handed thing surly you'd be able to rotate the screen so it works on the other hand

• Like 1

Basically, after speaking to my contact in O2, the 6 Plus is physically the size of a Samsung Note, the 6 the size of a Galaxy S5.

So that puts the 6 Plus out of the running for me.

What I was suprised about is why they didn't drop the 16GB models in favour of 32GB models rather than the other way round.

16GB is too small for today's standards.

Already have one set aside by my friend at O2, factory unlocked, so I don't have to rush and can just leisurely walk in and pick it up ;)

• Like 2

What does the watch actually do though?

I find it slightly ironic that Apple are (re)introducing watches, when loads of people stopped wearing them because, in a nice simple bit of convergence, they could look at the time on their phones instead.

This is the best bit of news from the Apple Launch... :thumbs:

Meanwhile the Irish rock giants U2 took the opportunity of the Apple launch to present their new album ‘Songs of Innocence’ and offer it for free to the firm’s 500 million iTunes users. Although the music industry concedes that sales of albums are in decline,it’s still a rarity for an artist to actually give away an album for free-especially one of the magnitude of U2.