iPhone 6/6Plus & Watch

Ekona

Remember the square Nano they made which had a watch strap?

You could pinch the screen and spin it to any direction you fancied, would be suprised if the Apple Watch didn't have this feature which would also eliminate the left handed argument.

But I think the battery life of the Apple Watch is going to be it's downfall

What does the watch actually do though?

I find it slightly ironic that Apple are (re)introducing watches, when loads of people stopped wearing them because, in a nice simple bit of convergence, they could look at the time on their phones instead.

Because 'wearables' are a massive growing area - the obvious applications are there at the moment but its all about the future and having the tech development in the pipeline to take advantage. I still remember the launch of the iPad and the bad reception it got - the thing about the best tech launches is that at the time they are often viewed as unnecessary but there will be some clever people at Apple with versions 2, 3 and 4 already on the table and plans in place on how they will make money from them. What we see at the moment is just the dumbed down mass prodcution version.

Pfft, I made my own :p

I don't get the LH/RH watch argument. No other watch manufacturer ever makes LH versions of their watches, and no-one moans at them.

And thats because other watch manufactures don't have a digital tit that you have to use to navigate about your watch.

A "normal watch" has either a button (s), or a winder (type tit) that you use perhaps once a day of that, or every so often to correct the date.

Perhaps you should make a cut out of the watch and sellotape it to your arm, see how you get on. I think it will just be annoying.

I don't see how the tilt will be affected by what arm it's on.

As I said, I'm going to wear mine on my right arm. I cannot see any issues I will have with doing so: This is Apple, not Nokia.

Joooooiiiiin uuuuuusssss Jiiiiiiiim... :D

Will be interesting to see how Apple make this product work where others have resolutely failed to generate any interest. Think I might have seen one person wearing a Samsung watch in the wild. Any indications on realistic battery life for this thing? When the Ipad came out I couldn't have been less interested and thought it would never take off, so I expect to be proven completely wrong in due course. By comparison Google glass looked really interesting but where is it now?

As for the Iphone 23,000 I'll get one when it comes with physical keyboard and battery life of more than 12 hours ;-)

I don't get the LH/RH watch argument. No other watch manufacturer ever makes LH versions of their watches, and no-one moans at them.

And thats because other watch manufactures don't have a digital tit that you have to use to navigate about your watch.

A "normal watch" has either a button (s), or a winder (type tit) that you use perhaps once a day of that, or every so often to correct the date.

Perhaps you should make a cut out of the watch and sellotape it to your arm, see how you get on. I think it will just be annoying.

yeah, the Sellotape is gonna hurt when you take it off, and who are calling a digital tit!? Lol

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

yeah, the Sellotape is gonna hurt when you take it off, and who are calling a digital tit!? Lol

Perhaps if I get a Watch, Dan would like to follow me round all day and operate my watch for me :stir:

:lol:

• Like 1

its been gifted to everyone, will be in your "purchased" section awaiting download . . I just have :D

Yeah, downloaded it during the reveal

Search for album Songs Of Innocence

Or search for artist U2

USE THE SEARCH BUTTON!!! :lol:

Cheers chaps, I've got it now. i made that hard work :lol:

anybody heard any rumours of contract prices and the costs of the phone with it?

I'm currently trying to weigh up getting the phone outright with my sim only deal or go for a contract

Im trying to find the same, theres always a few quid a month increase over the old model and the cheapest I'm finding for the 5s is on the 3 network.

Its not a guarantee but until they announce prices its just guess work.

Not sure about other providers, but O2 haven't yet updated their 5S contract prices so I'd expect the 6 to be broadly the same as that, and then the 6 Plus to be that bit extra as per the difference between retail 6/6 Plus prices IYSWIM.

Not sure about other providers, but O2 haven't yet updated their 5S contract prices so I'd expect the 6 to be broadly the same as that, and then the 6 Plus to be that bit extra as per the difference between retail 6/6 Plus prices IYSWIM.
O2 were slow with their original 5s prices, I think they had trouble with stock supplies, there was a reason for it but I can't remember exactly, something to do with contracts with Apple? Maybe they will have the same issue with the 6?

Just priced up a 128gig iPhone 6 plus...£780!!! I'm an Apple fanboy but you have to be mad to pay that much for a phone!

To be quite honest I'm pretty unexcited about the new iPhones, bigger screen/better camera it's a bit predictable, but than again what else can you do with phones these days.....will be sticking with my 5 thank you.

The Apple Watch though looks amazing, cannot wait to try one, only thing putting me off is the fact it's not waterproof, so cannot use it whilst swimming. If they keep the price down to about £300-350 it's quite bargain, especially when you consider a decent sports watch from Polar or Garmin will set you back £200-300 and they have 1/4 the functionality of the Apple Watch.

I'll be amazed if I have enough self control to not buy one when it comes out :)

Edited by gangzoom
  • Like 1

What percentage of the time do you use a phone as a phone though?

I thought about this question a lot in the last couple of days, as I have a hatred for huge phones. I then realised that actually, I spend a lot of my time browsing, or watching video in the gym, or sending messages/emails, or even as a camera. If you look at it like that, then both the price and the size start to make more sense.

A GS5 is £540, and that doesn't come with a fraction of the memory so you'd need to buy an mSD for it. That's another £70 for a c10 128GB, so when you factor in the Apple tax with the greater style and quality, is it massively unfair? I don't know, but it's not putting me off.