iPhone 6/6Plus & Watch

Ekona

Just priced up a 128gig iPhone 6 plus...£780!!! I'm an Apple fanboy but you have to be mad to pay that much for a phone!

To be quite honest I'm pretty unexcited about the new iPhones, bigger screen/better camera it's a bit predictable, but than again what else can you do with phones these days.....will be sticking with my 5 thank you.

The Apple Watch though looks amazing, cannot wait to try one, only thing putting me off is the fact it's not waterproof, so cannot use it whilst swimming. If they keep the price down to about £300-350 it's quite bargain, especially when you consider a decent sports watch from Polar or Garmin will set you back £200-300 and they have 1/4 the functionality of the Apple Watch.

I'll be amazed if I have enough self control to not buy one when it comes out :)

Why do you need to pay £200/300 to get 128gb when everything is streamed nowadays, do you really need 1,000s of apps cluttering things up :shrug:

I have a 16gb iPhone that is connected to a 2tb collection of music/video

Honest question but what can the IP6 do that a IP5 or my HTC one cant do,

As i have a friends whos made for sony phones always got to have the newest best version, i said to him o whats new then and he said a bigger storage/processors etc

To which i ask o right so you filled up your old one then and he said no so other than it being shine and new what else does it do?

Bugger all is the answer to that basically

I had the iPhone 5 for nearly two years now, didn't upgrade to 5s, so TouchID device would be a nice upgrade. Also, bigger screen which iPhone 5S should have featured when it was launched. Also the both cameras are better, front and back, and I love to take photos and videos. I have all professional Canon gear for that, too, but sometimes is nice to have a small camera handy, so iPhone 6 does that brilliantly. The NFC / Apple Pay is also a nice addition, very easy to use once it will be adopted everywhere next year, rather than carrying 3 debit cards with me, just use the phone to pay.

You can add to that:

- better battery power

- higher resolution screen

- dust proof and water resistant

- notably faster downloads

- bigger screen size

- thinner

- has manual exposure

Why do you need to pay £200/300 to get 128gb when everything is streamed nowadays, do you really need 1,000s of apps cluttering things up :shrug:

Not out in the field, you don't ;)

I use the space for TV shows to watch down the gym, and I don't want to be changing them too frequently. Also means I can use the camera for pics & footage without worrying about storage. Is it overkill? Yeah, probably. Nice to have though.

Not out in the field, you don't ;)

I use the space for TV shows to watch down the gym, and I don't want to be changing them too frequently. Also means I can use the camera for pics & footage without worrying about storage. Is it overkill? Yeah, probably. Nice to have though.

Definitely overkill, I am sure the gym woukd have 3/4g :shrug:

What percentage of the time do you use a phone as a phone though?

I thought about this question a lot in the last couple of days, as I have a hatred for huge phones. I then realised that actually, I spend a lot of my time browsing, or watching video in the gym, or sending messages/emails, or even as a camera. If you look at it like that, then both the price and the size start to make more sense.

A GS5 is £540, and that doesn't come with a fraction of the memory so you'd need to buy an mSD for it. That's another £70 for a c10 128GB, so when you factor in the Apple tax with the greater style and quality, is it massively unfair? I don't know, but it's not putting me off.

I take your point but my 5 does everything I need and i just cannot get my self excited about smart phones any more, they all look the same these days and I just cannot bring my self to waste £££ on one when my 5 is perfectly fine.....plus my 335i needs more work doing at the garage so any spare £££ is been kept for the BMW car maintenance fund :)

Edited by gangzoom

• 2 weeks later...