Suzanne the LS3 6.2 V8! Caution very long build thread....

Wasso

I've just googl'd the vessel that's bringing the American Muscle to the UK, I hope my shipment isn't at the top and they encounter strong winds or rough sea's, looks a bit precarious!!

MSC_ALYSSA_zpsdaa73574.jpg

Would love to drive down the cotwolds and have a nose mate, sounds like it will be a brilliant build!

Sounds like a summer BBQ / Engine build (watch Darren) meet is in order Ian ;)

Sent from the golf club...

Need to sort the logistics of "what happens next" more than happy for people to come over, even if the engine isn't there :lol:

í ½í±í ½í±í ½í±

Ian was hoping for status reports from you. Hope things have changed for the better. Do you have a number in Hungary?

Status is up and down, so what I'd have given you on Friday changed by Sunday, reverted on Monday, and now in a new position now. I was banking on steady progress, but that's not happening. I'll give you a shout at the weekend as I'm either out or working up till about 11pm UK time.

Cheers Wizurd and Lee :teeth:

I can't friggin wait!!!

I've just googl'd the vessel that's bringing the American Muscle to the UK, I hope my shipment isn't at the top and they encounter strong winds or rough sea's, looks a bit precarious!!

MSC_ALYSSA_zpsdaa73574.jpg

I'm on my way to hijack the boat

2EB5BF7A-D312-480E-91B9-1DC333A67180_zpswlmup054.jpg

• Like 3

I don't think I've read this thread for years.......or had a chat with Wasso for a very long while.

My assessment of the content of this thread is as follows

What the blue pissing Jesus! A vette engine.....in a zed?!

You my man deserve the highest accolade available for modding balls.

I don't think I've read this thread for years.......or had a chat with Wasso for a very long while.

My assessment of the content of this thread is as follows

What the blue pissing Jesus! A vette engine.....in a zed?!

You my man deserve the highest accolade available for modding balls.

It's been a very long while matey, that is true. Stop buying crap cars and join us folk with a Zed again.

Erm yeah, decided a built engine, SC or Turbo just didn't float my boat. I want something simple, throw it in, push the go pedal and enjoy. None of this trust the builder, trust the tuner, oh dear there's a heat issue, oh my belt has snapped, got turbo lag crap. It's in the box, you press go, it happens.

Okay so putting something like this in a zed, as Bizz has exampled isn't just a straight forward swap, but Bizz luckily turned up at exactly the right moment. I remember talking to Lexx at Lakez two years ago about it all. It just makes sense for me. If it all goes Pete Tong, I'll just buy a Vette C6 shell and put it back where it originated.

Edited by Wasso
  • Like 1

You have to remember that half the fun is in the build - and being as it will take about a year, maybe 2 to build you have a lot of fun coming your way :)

Since when has it taken you up to 2 years to fit an engine?? :teeth:

You have to remember that half the fun is in the build - and being as it will take about a year, maybe 2 to build you have a lot of fun coming your way :)

Since when has it taken you up to 2 years to fit an engine?? :teeth:

Yup your right could do it in a week if I was putting it in a Vette - But it's not going in a Vette is it :lol:

PMSL! Come on Keyser, 2 years? :lol:

Surely you're being very optimistic!? :lol:

I was trying to make him feel better :lol:

• Like 1

^^^ :lol:

I wouldn't want to go searching through all those containers, wow that would take some time. Be interesting to see what else is on there though.

Drugs, People, Cars, Gold, Money, Smokes....That's my guess :lol:

I wouldn't want to go searching through all those containers, wow that would take some time. Be interesting to see what else is on there though.

Has anyone ever tried to 'hi-jack' one or these things? We could make a fortune...

• Like 2

Has anyone ever tried to 'hi-jack' one or these things? We could make a fortune...

You from Somalia or something? :lol:

I have seen containerships enter port with barbed wire still on the railings to prevent from being boarded.

Also some shipping companies hire security teams which are armed.

Plus the minor fact that the side of the ship is rather high and to get up there while at sea isn't the easiest thing to do.

I have seen containerships enter port with barbed wire still on the railings to prevent from being boarded.

Plus the minor fact that the side of the ship is rather high and to get up there while at sea isn't the easiest thing to do.

My point exactly, they're Private Security firms ;) Edited by grundy225

I laugh in the face of high sides and barbed wire!

I'm tunnelling in.

• Like 2

I laugh in the face of high sides and barbed wire!

I'm tunnelling in.

You been playing GTA 5? :lol:

Canit wait for your successful delivery Wasso, the car will be a beast. Let me know If I can help with anything (Tool holding, tea making, torch pointing :lol: )

To be fair I'll be doing the same, I'm only good with a spanner if I've done it before. I'll be leaving a lot of the expert stuff to the experts.

I'll be saying, left a bit, right a bit.....BANG ON!

The place of transformation is yet to be confirmed, but it will likely be during June/July this year.

I'm still up in the air about how much of the oem functionality I wish to retain. Ian (Bizz) recommended the Sovereign ECU's which is what he's going to use, but I'm swaying towards the Syveccs or Motec.

The future of the car will reside on what functionality can be retained, if it's a case of cost over luxury, then I may just strip her our and turn her into a 1/4 mile burner. Already got my eyes on a Vortech SC to push 700bhp, but that's when things kinda get expensive. I'll start at the beginning and see what happens.