Resigning My Position

Beavis

No doubt good news for some of you :lol:

But tonight i have decided to bring forward my resignation from been a moderator from after Wales to now. It seems that large numbers of you are not happy and think its ridiculous that i have locked Huskys thread whilst simply put under team review during this bank holiday weekend. Its claimed also that this action shows favouritism towards CS! I can assure you that this claim is wrong. :thumbdown: It makes no difference wether he is a popular forum trader or not! An offer of communication was made to sort this and this was deemed to be the right approach for now.

viewtopic.php?f=13&t=35923

But been a moderator over the past 12 months has certainly been the worst time in the four years i have spent here and the struggle to remain positive has been very difficult. I have put my heart and soul into the day to day running of this place as do all the team and especially in helping to organise the biggest club event the Wales drive out but in recent months i have struggled to maintain my enthusiam for the car/forum and even the Wales drive itself and so on that footing and in light of recent comments made its only right to stand down. I was going after Wales anyhow (the team knew this anyway) so its no big deal. But also i have other things in my life that have now become more of an interest to me than been a moderator on a car forum.

But at the end of the day i have become tired of the forum and sadly some of its members (especially those that dont know when to stop when asked or not man enough to say sorry when wrong).We dont get paid to be a team member here nor do we get any perks, its largely a thankless task! But at the end of the day the forum is run by a team for the love of the car and the forum.

I have been a member since May 2006 and became a mod in August 2007 but overall i have had agreat time and i have met some great people in that time (far too many to list here!). I would like to thank everyone though for putting up with me and especially to all those that made the Wales drive out what it was and is over the years. :thumbs:

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all your hard work Dave, it is appreciated and I think probably far more than you realise. It's a shame you're standing down but there does come a time when other things are far more important. I for one would like to say that despite finding you rather scary at first I soon got over that after meeting you and finding out that you are just a big softy really! Now don't be parking on Mike's drive at Wales - he has promised me it! Hope to see you there! :thumbs:

But also i have other things in my life that have now become more of an interest to me than been a moderator on a car forum.

Whats that, you and Louis finally hooked up? :lol::lol:

Very sad to see you stand down Dave, you have been a cornerstone of this forum. Perhaps taking this step will help you fall in love with your car again (despite the colour :p ).

Chris.

I've not been on here aslong as alot of members but Im quite sad to read this :byebye:

I hope you will stick around the forum.

You are right in all that you have said controlling keyboard warriors musnt be easy.

Thanks for everything you have done for the club. :thumbs:

A sad day indeed Dave, but one that has been coming a long time unfortunately.

I hope you do find new found happiness in enjoying the car for what it is and not having the burden of trying to keep this place going, or organising the monster that is now the Wales run, which you have done excellently and I am sure I will not be alone in buying you a drink out of gratitude at the Wales run. :#1:

We all appreciate all the effort that the team put it! I've only organised one small run and found it to be particularly stressful and you find yourself starting to live on the forum... hope you can sit back and enjoy the forum once again like we all do!

That's a shame Dave - but hope Wales makes up for it :thumbs: Wish I could've made it down to witness one of the best and biggest single club meets in the country.

Obviously we've never met in 'real' life but hope to carry on the online conversations ;)

All the best

Quite a sad post Dave, I'm quite upset that you feel that strongly..

As people above have said though, you can start enjoying the car and annoying the other mods now ;)

Make sure you make it to Wales, you'll be missed if you don't! :byebye:

:scare: wtf, how can I change your mind?

Sterling tasks are performed by all mods as far as I can see on this forum, sad to see that you feel that the task is @*!#! Suposse you need to have a bit of a hard nose for the task in hand and possibly not worth putting in the effort and time. I don't see you did anything wrong personally locking the thread and if I've in any way caused grief for you or ANY other mods etc I appoligise and can only say that I'll better myself! :thumbs: (not sure I've been a baddy though...)

Thanks for creating the coolest mod ever for the Z :dance: You still sticking around the forum though yeah?

Hi Dave.

Already said what I can when you first made this decision some time ago in the team area. Really sorry the day has come sooner than expected. :byebye:

I do hope you now get to enjoy the car free from the added stresses of running the club you are part of. You will be sadly missed from the team my friend :blush:

Chris.

Thanks for all the hard work and effort that you have put into this place beavis. I remember the good old days as well lol. As others have said... please dont be a stranger :thumbs:

My pm said what I feel about your decision and the work you have done. I hope with a little reflection you can at least get to enjoy your Zed like the rest of us. Hopefully members will come to realise, that right or wrong, this forum can only run smoothly with the voluntary work done by the moderators. Good luck in everything you do in the future.

Enjoy your well earned "retirement" Dave, no doubt you'll have more time to polish the garage queen now :lol:

I would also add that this place doesn't seem to have enough Mods for the amount of traffic we have these days. Maybe we should have specific mods for each area of the forum (and about 5 for the off topic one! :lol: ). Certainly the the team looks like it needs to grow a bit.

Its a real shame that you have decided to step down Dave! I am hope stepping down allows you to find your love for the car again.

I appreciate how difficult it must be trying to please everybody - you will never win, even when you are trying to act in the best interests of everyone.

I have only been here since 2008 but want to thank you for all your hard work in that time. Also a big thanks to all the other moderators, who without, we would have no forum.

Thanks and good luck

Wow this is a shock Dave , I was only away from the forum for 1 and a bit weeks and this happens!!

You were one of the first people I met on my first meet in Wales and it was a great day (it was actually glorious sunshine! :lol:)

Even though both me and Lucy had to let our zeds go we are still part of the club because of the great people on here so when one of the key mods stands down it's a bit of a shock but I can understand.

Hope you still enjoy your zed (not everyone has their zed covered in a major mag!) and concentrate on more important things like safety testing of White goods!! :lol::p

Good luck mate :thumbs: