Resigning My Position

Beavis

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Thanks for all the replies folks :thumbs: . Its just a shame that the large amount of members that was claimed that i was been ridiculous for locking the particular thread dont have the balls or the bottle to say so here. Oh and another thing i dont accept apologies via another member you can do that direct to me. :)

Thanks for all the replies folks :thumbs: . Its just a shame that the large amount of members that was claimed that i was been ridiculous for locking the particular thread dont have the balls or the bottle to say so here. Oh and another thing i dont accept apologies via another member you can do that direct to me. :)

you shouldnt have locked the thread beavis,

does that help

and yes i have the balls to say it and post it up.

doesn't mean i dont appreciate the work you do or the time you give up.

if john was being a nuisance via pm you should have just ignored him, or switched off the laptop/computer.

i have this with work, knowiing the point at which to put the work down. it isn't going to blow up without you there and will still be here when you come back, and if he's being an arse then let one of the others deal with him.

just my 2p's worth

Have often thought it must be like having a full time job moderating this site, I'm not on often and never post on any technical threads just on the ones concerning the meets which are huge and they alone must involve a lot of work not to mention the organisation that goes in to making the meets a fantastic experience for all involved.

Thank you for being part of our Mod's team I'm sure you will be sadly missed by them and the rest of the forum as well, only hope you dont disappear from the forum and hope to see you in Wales :console:

you shouldnt have locked the thread beavis,

does that help

and yes i have the balls to say it and post it up.

doesn't mean i dont appreciate the work you do or the time you give up.

if john was being a nuisance via pm you should have just ignored him, or switched off the laptop/computer.

i have this with work, knowiing the point at which to put the work down. it isn't going to blow up without you there and will still be here when you come back, and if he's being an arse then let one of the others deal with him.

just my 2p's worth

Sorry Rich i disagree with that. I think locking the thread was the right thing to do - what was the purpose of keeping it open (at that time)? With all respect to John and CS, i dont believe there is a resolution that they can come to where both parties will be satisfied, and with loads of people sticking their ore in on the thread, it would have descended into a mess pretty quickly (remember the Rik threads anyone?). In all fairness John didnt even want to bring CS into this and it was being driven by others, who have no involvement in the matter, therefore why let mob rule affect someones business/livelihood?

That said, this is Dave's thread - not the place for this to be talked about... :blush:

Sorry Rich i disagree with that. I think locking the thread was the right thing to do - what was the purpose of keeping it open (at that time)? With all respect to John and CS, i dont believe there is a resolution that they can come to where both parties will be satisfied, and with loads of people sticking their ore in on the thread, it would have descended into a mess pretty quickly (remember the Rik threads anyone?). In all fairness John didnt even want to bring CS into this and it was being driven by others, who have no involvement in the matter, therefore why let mob rule affect someones business/livelihood?

That said, this is Dave's thread - not the place for this to be talked about... :blush:

for me it was the lack of consistency, The Envy thread, the Rik thread the carbon forza thread. all of them were not locked and all of them have had an effect on the trader. carbon forza is no longer tradinng on here. i don't think people use Rik as much as they would have done. and the same with envy.

rightly or wrongly Beavis was just doing his job. and understand his reasons for locking the thread, i just don't agree with them.

doesn't mean i take it personally or hold a grudge and i'm happy to wait for this to be discussed by the mod and admin team and i shall wait for the thread to re open.

for me it was the lack of consistency, The Envy thread, the Rik thread the carbon forza thread. all of them were not locked and all of them have had an effect on the trader. carbon forza is no longer tradinng on here. i don't think people use Rik as much as they would have done. and the same with envy.

rightly or wrongly Beavis was just doing his job. and understand his reasons for locking the thread, i just don't agree with them.

doesn't mean i take it personally or hold a grudge and i'm happy to wait for this to be discussed by the mod and admin team and i shall wait for the thread to re open.

The missing piece of the consistency puzzle, is which team members are about at the time to discuss things. When the Rik things happened, we had enough of the team in the team area to discuss it on the fly, ditto with Carbon Forza. With some of the Envy issues, we had heads up of it, so discussed it (or their consequences should anything happen) before anything was put in the public domain. We had no heads up on the issues with Mitz and John and as the team werent about, we had no other option than to lock the thread until we had a good number of the team comment on the problems. This is not helped by the fact that we cant assertain a single version of events as to what has happened, which means we are dragging it out longer while we work it out.

I hope you can understand there is consistency in what we do, everything is a team decision. If there is anything border line, it will be locked or moved to a holding area until the team as a whole can agree what to do with it. We chose not to move said thread this time as its information to keep in the public domain, but we dont want it being convoluted by every Tom, Dick and Harry sticking their opinions in where what we need are facts.

Thanks for that Chris. I suggested to Dave (Beavis) at the time as below

Subject: A WARNING ABOUT WARRANTIES, CLAIM GONE WRONG!

Beavis wrote:

The current decision to lock the thread will remain until a team decision is made. And for the record locking the thread is not a sign of defending anyone i nor the team are defending CS in this. :)

You're actions are presently coming across as a little unfair Dave. It may be good to explain to forum members exactly why you have gone down this route within the thread

Just my opinion

Cheers

Hugh

I am still of the opinion that a timely explanation within the thread would have prevented some of the ill feeling that has obviously ensued on all sides

The missing piece of the consistency puzzle, is which team members are about at the time to discuss things. When the Rik things happened, we had enough of the team in the team area to discuss it on the fly, ditto with Carbon Forza. With some of the Envy issues, we had heads up of it, so discussed it (or their consequences should anything happen) before anything was put in the public domain. We had no heads up on the issues with Mitz and John and as the team werent about, we had no other option than to lock the thread until we had a good number of the team comment on the problems. This is not helped by the fact that we cant assertain a single version of events as to what has happened, which means we are dragging it out longer while we work it out.

I hope you can understand there is consistency in what we do, everything is a team decision. If there is anything border line, it will be locked or moved to a holding area until the team as a whole can agree what to do with it. We chose not to move said thread this time as its information to keep in the public domain, but we dont want it being convoluted by every Tom, Dick and Harry sticking their opinions in where what we need are facts.

understand where your coming from :thumbs:

like i said at the end of my last post, am happy to wait for a team decision and for the post to be unlocked :)

Yes in hindsight it probably would have been a good idea to explain it better. Normally we rely on the good nature of the forum that we do things as a team and to trust us when we lock a thread that its for the benefit of everyone :thumbs: Many many big forums on the net dont even allow members to question moderating decsions, they simply delete any arguments about it. We like to think we are a bit fairer than that, and do like to qualify what we do where we can.

understand where your coming from :thumbs:

like i said at the end of my last post, am happy to wait for a team decision and for the post to be unlocked :)

Thanks Rich. Just wanted to point out that there were genuine reasons as to why it might have appeared that different issues might have been handled differently. The main thing is that we try not to do anything until the whole team reach agreement on said issue.

I cant tell everyone individually.

QUOTE>

If there is ever a thread like this we lock it until we decide how to proceed. As its a Sunday some of the team have other things to do. When we have decided what to do you will be told.

Guys I really dont think this is the right thread to start discussing this subject again. The thread should be about people giving their opinions about beavis as a mod and the sad decision that he has made. Again this is just my view.....

Thanks Jay. You are correct.

Dave, I'm sorry that it's come to this. You have been a great mod for much of my time here, most members only know you from your time as a mod.

I find it frustrating when people are constantly telling us we have made the incorrect decision. Despite making all the wrong decisions we continue to grow daily in member numbers, our meets are the biggest in the UK and we (as a team) are making the key decisions that drive this club forward.

You will be sorely missed by the team.

Guys I really dont think this is the right thread to start discussing this subject again. The thread should be about people giving their opinions about beavis as a mod and the sad decision that he has made. Again this is just my view.....

+1

All the best Dave - no one wants to see you go like this :byebye:

Just popped in to see how things were going on here, and see the bombshell of Dave resigning..all I can say is that Dave has put a hell of a lot of effort in over the years and will be sorely missed..and also a real; Gent to boot.. i will never forget the fantastic Wales trips I went on

Just popped in to see how things were going on here, and see the bombshell of Dave resigning..all I can say is that Dave has put a hell of a lot of effort in over the years and will be sorely missed..and also a real; Gent to boot.. i will never forget the fantastic Wales trips I went on

Good to see the oldies remember where we are still. Got any new shirts recently? :teeth:

Ah thanks Tim, you were one of the first members i met back on the Wales drive back in late 06. Good times................thanks for your words. :thumbs:

I will never forget the fantastic shirts you wore B):lol:

DSC_0027.jpg

Good to see the oldies remember where we are still. Got any new shirts recently? :teeth:

Hi Chris, LOL. no I'm getting a bit more subtle in my taste now :lol:

IMGP2936.jpg