Resigning My Position

Beavis

• Replies 138
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guys seriously if some of you dont think about your actions before you post you will destory this great forum. I have been a member on this forum for 2 years now and pretty much use it everyday, over the last 6 months i have found the amount of useless posts and childhood playground arguments are starting to take over. Yes i know the "its a public forum" and the "im entitled to my own opinon" but im my opinon you shouldnt use that to start threads that will cause friction in this great community. If a mod has taken action on something then there must be a reason, remember there not all on all of the time and some things may require discusion or a second opinon but they have to do what they think is best, there only human afterall (although in chesterfields case this is debatable :lol: ). Being a mod is a thankless task and sometimes they will do stuff that we do not fully understand and sometimes they make mistakes but we should all respect there decisions and appreciate the work they put in. So please think before you post, try find peaceful solutions to your problems without the need to air your dirty laundry in public 24/7 and stop bringing up the past all the time. If these simple steps are taken we can bring some fun back to this forum and re-establish the great community spirit which is now lacking these days.

Note: Some of you may or may not agree with what I have written above but that is the way I feel, I do not wish to discuss what I have written any further as if you feel the need to discuss it or argue its probably applies to you even more and I suggest you read it again.

Now back to topic, Dave I totally do not blame you for your decision, I understand it probably been a hard decision and a long time coming. You seem to always get the worst amount of criticism which is unjustly but is probably due to your firm but fair approach and probably testament to the amount of work you actually do on these forums. I would like to personally thank you for all the hard work which I may or may not seen you do on these forums and the hard work you have put into organising all the great shows and events. I am sure they will miss you in "the office" so to speak but I hope you still remain on the forums and certainly hope to see you at Wales. If this is too much to bare I wish you well for the future.

Damn shame Dave, you've been a very good Mod on here over the years I've been here. Thanks for all your hard work and effort in that time :)

+1 I was in Shetland all last week and only just catching up with events here - this has come as a bit of a shocker.

Very well said Marky. The mods do a tremendous job on here, I really do take my hat off to them.

Beavis - I've never had the pleasure of meeting you but form reading your posts you seem like a truly sound bloke. I hope you will continue as a regular member on the forum.

Oii, you know you can't go anywhere Beavis!! :lol::lol: Who's going to grizzle about the glorious English weather?! :p:p:lol::lol:

For any of you that are mods/admins elsewhere, we all know that being mod/admin/organising club events is almost like a second job at times. But well worth it for the tight knit Zed community. :yahoo: Well done to all of you on here. :thumbs:

Oh, and Beavis how shiny is that Ultra Custard going to be now?! :p

Guys seriously if some of you dont think about your actions before you post you will destory this great forum. I have been a member on this forum for 2 years now and pretty much use it everyday, over the last 6 months i have found the amount of useless posts and childhood playground arguments are starting to take over. Yes i know the "its a public forum" and the "im entitled to my own opinon" but im my opinon you shouldnt use that to start threads that will cause friction in this great community. If a mod has taken action on something then there must be a reason, remember there not all on all of the time and some things may require discusion or a second opinon but they have to do what they think is best, there only human afterall (although in chesterfields case this is debatable :lol: ). Being a mod is a thankless task and sometimes they will do stuff that we do not fully understand and sometimes they make mistakes but we should all respect there decisions and appreciate the work they put in. So please think before you post, try find peaceful solutions to your problems without the need to air your dirty laundry in public 24/7 and stop bringing up the past all the time. If these simple steps are taken we can bring some fun back to this forum and re-establish the great community spirit which is now lacking these days.

Note: Some of you may or may not agree with what I have written above but that is the way I feel, I do not wish to discuss what I have written any further as if you feel the need to discuss it or argue its probably applies to you even more and I suggest you read it again.

Now back to topic, Dave I totally do not blame you for your decision, I understand it probably been a hard decision and a long time coming. You seem to always get the worst amount of criticism which is unjustly but is probably due to your firm but fair approach and probably testament to the amount of work you actually do on these forums. I would like to personally thank you for all the hard work which I may or may not seen you do on these forums and the hard work you have put into organising all the great shows and events. I am sure they will miss you in "the office" so to speak but I hope you still remain on the forums and certainly hope to see you at Wales. If this is too much to bare I wish you well for the future.

Gets my vote for post of the year.

Gets my vote for post of the year.

Thank you Rob, although only one thing should get your vote http://www.totalcarmagazines.co.uk/idol-nissan-2.htm :lol:

Just popped in to see how things were going on here, and see the bombshell of Dave resigning..all I can say is that Dave has put a hell of a lot of effort in over the years and will be sorely missed..and also a real; Gent to boot.. i will never forget the fantastic Wales trips I went on

Ah thanks Tim, you were one of the first members i met back on the Wales drive back in late 06. Good times................thanks for your words. :thumbs:

I will never forget the fantastic shirts you wore B):lol:

Are you still here?

Sorry to hear your giving up your post Dave.I think you and Digsy were the first to chat to me when i attended my first Wales run and made me feel welcome.I know it must be a pain at times being a mod getting little or no thanks for your efforts,i think you have done a top job and your efforts will be sorely missed. :thumbs:

Just popped in to see how things were going on here, and see the bombshell of Dave resigning..all I can say is that Dave has put a hell of a lot of effort in over the years and will be sorely missed..and also a real; Gent to boot.. i will never forget the fantastic Wales trips I went on

Ah thanks Tim, you were one of the first members i met back on the Wales drive back in late 06. Good times................thanks for your words. :thumbs:

I will never forget the fantastic shirts you wore B):lol:

Are you still here?

:yawn: wonder if he got a car and decided to stay? :scare:

That is the first time i've ever 'heard' your irish accent in a post! :lol: And if you haven't got one, it was still good!

:lol:

All I can think of now is Mrs. Doyle from Father Ted!! "Ah go on Ted, tea?"

I read it in a mrs doyle accent :blush:

Really sorry to hear you are stepping down. In my time on this forum you have been a pretty consistant mod and have made me chuckle with some of your posts. I hope you really enjoy Wales and stick around afterwards.

All the best for the future :byebye: