did anyone else manage to get Valetines Day Wrong ?

ioneabee

Valentines is a day I fear. I've been with the missus 16 years, she insists on as lavish a celebration as possible for every event to do with our relationship including valentine's, wedding anniversary AND the day we met. :/

For the first time in MANY years we actually stayed in, mainly because the Greek version of Survivor is on tv right now and she's right into it (notice how when it suits her, the romance is dead :lol:), but we each ordered the other's favorite food, so she bought me a curry and I bought her sushi. Oh, as well as a mille feuille dessert (her fave) from a nationally famous shop, famous particularly for their mille feuille, it's a real posh place, has a dude playing piano in the corner! As well as the obligatory bouquet of roses. I spent nearly a hundred quid and we stayed in. :/ Mercy.

Edited by Aashenfox
  • Like 1

Have to say I've never bought a valentines card in my life or bother with anniversaries.

Dont do christmas much either and just about manage to buy birthday cards & presents.

I must be doing something right though, as I said in #11, I've been married for 36 yrs :lol:

Bought the missus a card & some chocs and she got me a card. That was it. I ended up going to bed at about 9pm as I was shattered and she stayed up watching some crappy tv show she watches. I also got told off as the card didnt say "to my wife" on it.

What gets me though is how all her friends post crap on facebook saying "look at what my lovely husband has done, he`s cooked me tea, done the housework, done the washing etc... arnt I a lucky girl, i will have to show my appreciation to him later.. etc..". As it only goes to stir things up as the wife then says "look at how romantic my friends bloke is... you didnt cook tea tonight", and my reply is, well I do all that stuff pretty much 364 days of the year, so for you its valentines night every night and what appreciation do I get?! :lol:.

Bought the missus a card & some chocs and she got me a card. That was it. I ended up going to bed at about 9pm as I was shattered and she stayed up watching some crappy tv show she watches. I also got told off as the card didnt say "to my wife" on it.

What gets me though is how all her friends post crap on facebook saying "look at what my lovely husband has done, he`s cooked me tea, done the housework, done the washing etc... arnt I a lucky girl, i will have to show my appreciation to him later.. etc..". As it only goes to stir things up as the wife then says "look at how romantic my friends bloke is... you didnt cook tea tonight", and my reply is, well I do all that stuff pretty much 364 days of the year, so for you its valentines night every night and what appreciation do I get?! :lol:.

:lol: can't argue with the boss women...got to keep them happy...happy wife happy life isn't it ;):teeth:...and the FB f***ers annoy me as well :angry: Edited by valy

But no wife, awesome life... ;)

Amazing how a ring can change everything. I remember with other gf`s, id get home from work and they would answer the door in some saucy outfit and id barely even got my jacket off before they were on their knees showing me how much they loved me. :huglove: Those days have long since sailed away... :boat:

• Like 1

I dont recognise it, I buy her flowers most weeks, cook about half the time, take her out regularly and shes on a diet so no chocs or sweeties anyway.

When I was a younger man I used to just do everything the day after, cheaper flowers and empty restaurants FTW :)

• Like 2

I took the son to see Jack Whitehall whilst mine stayed at home watching frozen with the daughters. Got home late with a double cheese burger for her and she's drank bottle of rose alone...probably not the night she envisioned lol

well it all depends on what each one wants from this life...some chose to share it with someone others don't :) pros and cons in both

Yes but if you don't have someone to share it all with who is going to support you when your engine blows up on the dyno? Who will make your new seat covers for those aftermarket bucket seats? who will cook when you have another late night in the shed? who will wash your dirty oily clothes after you have been playing on the engine?

I love sharing my life with the long suffering but absolutley awesome Mrs Keyser :thumbs:

O and yes I did buy her a BIG bunch of flowers but I do that at random points throughout the year anyway. :cloud9:

• Like 1

I sent some flowers to the school where the girl I'm attempting to romance works, but they messed up the order so now they are going to be delivered today. A day late. She'll now no doubt think it was some kind of afterthought. Great! :dry:

:lol:

or she will think you got them cheap as left over stock - good luck pulling this one back mate :thumbs:

• Like 1

well it all depends on what each one wants from this life...some chose to share it with someone others don't :) pros and cons in both

Yes but if you don't have someone to share it all with who is going to support you when your engine blows up on the dyno? Who will make your new seat covers for those aftermarket bucket seats? who will cook when you have another late night in the shed? who will wash your dirty oily clothes after you have been playing on the engine?

I love sharing my life with the long suffering but absolutley awesome Mrs Keyser :thumbs:

O and yes I did buy her a BIG bunch of flowers but I do that at random points throughout the year anyway. :cloud9:

I knew you were a big softy!! :thumbs:
  • Like 1

Amazing how a ring can change everything. I remember with other gf`s, id get home from work and they would answer the door in some saucy outfit and id barely even got my jacket off before they were on their knees showing me how much they loved me. :huglove: Those days have long since sailed away... :boat:

^^ Brilliant, I remember those days too............also watched THAT boat sail :lol: :lol: :surrender:

• Like 1

As a treat I opened a fresh bottle of her favourite bubbles and ran her a bath; using warm water instead of the usual cold. Also splashed out on a new, rather excellent (if I do say so myself) fragrance to keep things interesting. Wiped down all her surfaces. Then finished by polishing her tips to a mirror shine :cloud9:

• Like 3

Yes, i classically got it wrong. i was under the impression that my wife and i were not doing valentine's day anymore. Didn't bother getting a card or flowers and lo and behold, out pops a surprise valentines card that read " better together ". I could feel the tide of insensitive bay pulling me out to its icy waters to flounder.

Yep, she wasn't happy that i didn't at least get her a card so i suppose i had better set up a surprise for the weekend.

VD is commercial garbage. Why would I want to spend 2x the price of flowers on any other day of the year, or go to a restaurant that will be twice as busy and be kept waiting for my food, or buy some expensive shiny tat just because all the ads on telly say that's the correct way to express love? Sod that.

In truth I did get her a card this year, but only because I found one that said "You've got great tits!" on it and it made me laugh :D

• Like 1