The Grand Tour

StevoD

Let's hope they get the silliness out of their systems in the next few episodes. It's all nicely shot, but the content is pretty dreadful so far. Their track isn't very interesting.

I left work early to see it and was really looking forward to it, but massively disappointed. I would say at this point it's less enjoyable than the new Top Gear as at least that had some car content.

I really hope it gets better... :(

I was afraid this was going to happen.

Unless they get back to primarily car content and less unfunny scripted stuff, I think its UK ratings are going to tank, leaving the yanks hanging on for a bit longer before they also get bored, and for a time, amazon will be cool with that, but how they ever thought these guys would work without cars, a runway and a stig, is frankly staggering. It's like taking three wrestlers and paying them a crap ton of money to do boxing, sure they'll do it for the money and they'll probably show some aptitude, but ultimately that's not what they are supposed to be doing and the potential is wasted.

3 is going to need to be spectacular for me to bother with 4.

Edited by Aashenfox

Just seen it. For once, Steve and I agree on a TV show.

It started with promise (although the theme tune is a bit crap, it's def no Jessica) as the Vulcan is something I've not seen a lot of. I'd rather have seen Hammond in it, as we might have been spared the obvious jokes, but what disappointed me most was the sound. The V12 in that is volatile, but it sounded positively anodyne through the speakers. Not my setup either, I promise you that, it just sounded like they turned the gain down too far. Was it clipping? I don't know. Shame though.

The Zuma jokes went down well with the audience, and I'll admit I'd not seen that clip of him so that's perhaps my loss for not finding it funny. The chatting was the usual, as you'd expect, and it was watchable for sure.

The celeb bit remains deathly unfunny. The Yank driver is just irritating now, he treats the viewer like an idiot, and why should we be excited about a hypercar if he can't be bothered? At least the Stig was just deadpan nothing, you made him what you wanted, Skinner is just a tw*nt.

And the special forces bit. I'm sorry, but wtf was the point? Being raped in the arse whilst May misses the 2ft headshot? Well, comedy gold right there. Fake queen in a high speed chase in an S8? Oh, my sides. In fairness if the segment had been half as long then sure, it actually would've worked well I think as it's a subject ripe for ripping, but for me it was too slapstick. And I say that even bearing in mind the characters involved.

The guy who built his own Merc C9 was superb though, the genuine admiration from the guys came through and it was beautifully handled. The Vulcan was shot with the same grace and dedication, and that's something GT will always excel at I feel.

I'm not sure which GT is the real one now. The TG replica, or the gooning clusterf*ck. I genuinely hope the former, but then can I blame them for trying something a bit different? That's what I wanted, I know, but it seems that they've lost the subtlety that TG could have on occasion. Perhaps having the Beeb holding the reins was a good thing? Roll on Ep3, let's see where it goes! :D

• Like 2

As I said before I enjoyed the first one but episode two was dire. The jokes at the beginning weren't funny. The celeb, why? are they going to have one die every episode? The 'debate' they had didn't work because they can't act. I enjoyed bits of the sas live die repeat but they dragged it out far too long. I was actually glad when the show ended. Can only be better next week surely?

• Like 1

Just seen the 2nd episode, which to be totally honest was painful. Vulcan and the home built C9 were the only bits that were worthy of watching.

My feelings exactly. Such a shame, I enjoyed the first episode but the second was awful apart from these two bits.

I've not watched the second episode yet but I think most guys are missing the main point..... I don't think this is made for the UK market, i think it's made for the US market and if some folks in other territories like it then great but they have aimed for 'mericans in my mind.

• Like 1

If anyone wants to watch the episodes for free just download xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Completely free and there are a lot of films etc etc on it too.

GT.. it's growing on me, the cars etc..not there yet...the banter, spot on and in truth it was 90% of why I ever watched TG anyway 😎

Or just get as part of your subscription to free next day delivery, exclusive discounts other features......

If anyone wants to watch the episodes for free just download xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Completely free and there are a lot of films etc etc on it too.

GT.. it's growing on me, the cars etc..not there yet...the banter, spot on and in truth it was 90% of why I ever watched TG anyway 😎

Or just get as part of your subscription to free next day delivery, exclusive discounts other features......

Errmmm... xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx costs £0 per year and an Amazon free next day delivery subscription costs between £59 - £70 per year 🤔

Doesn't take a genius to work out which is value for money if all you wanted to do was view GT 😎

If anyone wants to watch the episodes for free just download xxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Completely free and there are a lot of films etc etc on it too.

Errmmm... xxxxxxxxxxxx costs £0 per year and an Amazon free next day delivery subscription costs between £59 - £70 per year 🤔

Doesn't take a genius to work out which is value for money if all you wanted to do was view GT 😎

One doesn't infringe copyright the other does ;)

If anyone wants to watch the episodes for free just download xxxxxxxxxxxxx. Completely free and there are a lot of films etc etc on it too.

Errmmm... xxxxxxxxxxx costs £0 per year and an Amazon free next day delivery subscription costs between £59 - £70 per year 🤔

Seriously, as if a large percentage of the world honestly give a s@#t about copyright anymore 😂

Edited by ioneabee

If anyone wants to watch the episodes for free just download xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx. Completely free and there are a lot of films etc etc on it too.

Errmmm... xxxxxxxxxxxx costs £0 per year and an Amazon free next day delivery subscription costs between £59 - £70 per year 🤔

Seriously, as of a large percentage of the world honestly give a s@#t about copyright anymore 😂

It does on an open forum ;)

I believe it or not agree in paying for something I want, I'd never walk into a shop and take something out of the packaging and walk out without paying as I don't need the packaging.

• Like 3

whilst we are all realists (on the whole) - we cannot be seen to be advertising or advocating circumventing copyright laws

by all means discuss it, but please refrain from naming where and how

posts above have been redacted

I think the first episode showcasing the holy trinity ie old news had to air as way too time, money and effort went into the production. Same again for the second, I think it's just purely Amazon exercising it's financial muscle. Out the box on the second episode you can tell it's slick with a massive bugdet. Yes we get the point you have millions at your disposal, but they need to get back on track.

Il still watch either way as a prime member, but the show is becoming a bonus to the subscription were as I thought it would have been the, movies, box sets, discounted goods and next day delivery.