Lexx

Today we mourn one of our greats - Martinmac (2015)

Devastated over this news, never had the pleasure of meeting Martin but I did have many online conversations with him, such a gentleman .... Deepest condolences to all xx

Absolutely gut wrenching. Martin was a top bloke and was one of the first people I met on the forum nearly a decade ago. Always very friendly and went the extra mile. A massive loss to the car community. Liz, my thoughts are with you and family. x

I remember on my first Wales meet in October 2008, at the carvery in Bala he stood up and said a few words, including wishing me a happy birthday, and he'd had a card made for me, and i'd only met him once before at that point. What a gent.

A couple of pics i've got of him...

Photo0458_zps6udezmdx.jpg

100_0006_zpsptyu0z0w.jpg

Obviously not of Mart, but of the card he got me.

Photo0452_zpsxyjtlxpz.jpg

Edited by marzman
  • Like 3

Lost for words, Martin gave so much for this club and gave me some of the most memorable moments of my life. RIP Mate.

The first other Zedder I met in the flesh, at the first car meet of any kind I ever went to. It was really strange meeting up with a bunch of randoms in a place I'd never been before, arriving on my own, but Martin couldn't have been more friendly and welcoming. His love for the club and Zeds shone through after just a few minutes chatting.

RIP Martin

There are a few people in life who you can consider to be a friend despite never having met them. Martin was one of those people.

I recall fondly the PMs we shared over the Hairy Biker who called his home a brothel, let's just say that Martin didn't hold back in his words! :lol:

Thanks for the laughs and the kind words and even the rollickings when I deserved them, and I will miss you my friend. :(

• Like 2

... gutted... Liz ... all our love - words fail me. Martin you will be very much missed by everyone

• Like 1

Absolutely heartbroken! He was a true friend and a one of the most genuine guys I have ever met!

Rest in piece Martin! You'll never be far from our thoughts!

Love you big guy!

• Like 1

Really really sad news,

Martin was a great guy, always helpful and encouraging.

As Lexx says, today we have lost one of the greats.

RIP Martin and so sorry for your family and friends loss. You will be missed

• Like 1

terrible terrible news. Such a lovely man who will be greatly missed by many of us.

A big part of this forum which will not be the same without him.

A true friend . RIP Martin

10478927_10203597372227835_7094771370985180739_o.jpg

• Like 4

really sad news, we could do with a lot my people like martin in this world, true honourable gent. our condolences go out to his family. hope they have zeds up there!

Gutted, great friend, great zed man, just a great man, myself and Sharon send our regards to Liza and the family, RIP Martin the greatest Z legend to me.

I never had the pleasure of meeting Martin

And from reading all your kind words

He's was a great guy

Thoughts are with all that new him. Rest easy

RIP Martin. A very sad loss. Thoughts are with your family and friends. :cry:

What a very sad loss. I've known Martin for perhaps 8 -10 years and he's worked tirelessly all that time to unify all the Z Clubs. He will live on in our hearts as one of the greats. R.I.P. my friend.

• Like 1

Very sad and shocking news. The forum will never be the same without him.

I will always remember the text he sent me on the eve of Wales 2009 "Bloody zeds everywhere". Such a sad loss....RIP Martin.

Edited by Beavis
  • Like 5

Jayne and I send our heartfelt love to Martin and Liz.

One of the the first characters I met from the forum some 5 years ago, and from the originating LakeZ event that he created out of his own pocket for the love of the forum just shows exactly what sort of person Martin was.

Here's to you fella, I'll miss you and our "who's got the lowest car" banter at LakeZ.

RIP we shall miss you deeply...... My wine is raised high for you my friend with a tear in my eye :(

• Like 2