New neighbours keyed car

Tomb

New neighbours move in a couple of doors down a few months ago.

A couple of weeks ago I realise one of our cars parked on the road (completely unrestricted parking) has been keyed unsure who did it.

Damage got repaired at the expense of £300

Now just caught the man who's recently moved in, keying car in the middle of the night for what I assume to be the second time ... Was unfortunately to slow to get outside to confront him and he won't answer the door.

What do?

Realistically the police will do FA about it .. so I'm open to suggestions here ..

Edited by Tomb

Call the fedz, if you witnessed it maybe some else did? Did your Mrs see it? Be good to have a second witness. Any CCTV nearby? They might not do anything but they only other alternative will end up with them coming round anyway :boxing:

Edited by SuperStu

The correct answer is to call the police and your insurance. But if you were to retaliate (which I don't condone ) you would have to go full metal jacket bat sh&$ crazy so it doesn't become tit for tat. Guy is obviously a tw@t and hope you get it sorted.

• Like 1

Police called just waiting for them to arrive .. No off road parking avalible unfortunately.

Would like to take some sort revenge but like you say will most likely end up tit for tat ..

Why can't people just grow a pair and talk or at least try and do damage to me as apposed to the poor car that can't defend itself

What a scumbag man, how you are managing to compose yourself I do not know.

Police will do nothing they are a waste of space, I'm two months into waiting for a return call from the police at the moment every time I call I get "we have the details on file and will be in touch as soon as possible"

Hope you find a way to sort it out, or maybe the police where your at aren't as useless as the South Wales police force.

Realistically, you'll have to get the damage repaired yourself. The police talking to him might just stop him doing it again. Depending on how likely a physical confrontation is (does he look the type, can you control your anger etc), I'd also be asking him directly in a calm manner why he did it.

Tbh guys, I would hope that the police would do nothing about this in a first instance, especially without evidence. Think about it: How easy would it be for someone to set you up by claiming that they saw you do XYZ, and then you get found guilty on nothing more than a he said/she said thing? Pretty sure you wouldn't be happy either. Yes, it sucks, but without real evidence just what do you expect the BiB to do apart from a strong word?

If he's only targeting you OP, then you've done something to annoy him. Loud exhaust? Anti-social working hours (him or you!)? Driving 'exuberantly'? People rarely do these things for no reason at all. Not saying you deserve it, far from it, but if you know why he did it then you're halfway towards stopping him doing it again.

Get the naughty boys around to speak to him no violence but to shake him up and collect the £300 pounds as they pass go tell him you have it on a neibours CCTV he's banged to rights and the police will be informed if he doesn't cough up the money.

Or plan B :boxing:

well my assumption is he's quite protective about the parking outside of 'his' house (they rent it) and as I stated earlier there are no parking restrictions on the road .. Before they moved in there the car would always be parked there with no issues what so ever.

Tom.

Edited by Tomb

What a sh#tty thing to do , don't go round and kick off with him , you will just end up the one that's arrested (I've been there before).

I put up a cheap camera and security light which solved it but with public parking I'm not sure what you can do other than sleep in your car!

So sorry to read what has happened to your car Tom. I'm fuming for you. :angry:

Really can't add anything that hasn't been said already but just whatever happens keep your cool, be the bigger man and don't get yourself in the sh*t with the law. ;)

well my assumption is he's quite protective about the parking outside of 'his' house (they rent it) and as I stated earlier there are no parking restrictions on the road .. Before they moved in there the car would always be parked there with no issues what so ever.

Tom.

Bingo, there we go. At least you know what's got his goat now, so quite possibly there could be a solution there.

Why don't you park outside your house? Can you park outside someone else's house without causing issue? I know, you shouldn't have to, but if it came down to another 20 secs walk or my life being a misery because someone keeps keying my car, I know what I'd do for a quiet life.

• Like 2