Paul T. 2nd Zed Build thread..... Supercharged- Hulk Buster

P15UL T

so good to see this finished!!

Luv it apart from the wheels but it looks sick!

Just biding my time to find the perfect Volks :D getting hard to find them in the right offset. These will do for my track wheels though. Still to get the outer lip polished back. We just ran out of time

Just biding my time to find the perfect Volks :D getting hard to find them in the right offset. These will do for my track wheels though. Still to get the outer lip polished back. We just ran out of time

What wheels is it you want

• Like 1

What wheels is it you want

Volk GT-C in 19" :)

Looks awesome mate looking forward to seeing in in the flesh

For temp wheels they actually look pretty good don't mind them at all

Il be honest though I'm not too keen on the rear bumper for a 350. Suits the 70 well but not sure about the 50

• Like 2

Truly an epic zed......a worthy successor to your previous projects.
fixed that for you😉. Paul, it's an absolute credit to you, great to see you enjoying your cars again!!👍

Sent from my Zed using Nangkang tyres front, RE040's rear

• Like 1

Looks really good :thumbs:

What power you planning?

Toying with the idea of supercharging but need to save u some ££'s first. Still trying to research how much power can be made from the standard internals and whats required to get there.

Edited by scobie140
  • Like 1

What power you planning?

Toying with the idea of supercharging but need to save u some ££'s first. Still trying to research how much power can be made from the standard internals and whats required to get there.

Hi. It's going back in for a tweek on the map shortly which should see at least 415hp at the rear hubs. ( that should be about 450bhp at the fly I think) Wouldn't want any more than that. That should be fine on standard internals as long as you service the car accordingly and look after it.

It's a totally different animal now !

Don't be fooled buy looking at supercharger kits in the states and thinking it can be done cheap.by the time you import it and get stung on taxes and import duty then by all the additional parts it's not cheap. Torqen do a full bolt on vortech with everything required and it's about £6k from memory. This is what you should be saving for plus then money to fit and map.

I've got a few upgrades parts like full fuel return system with fuel rails, larger intercooler , oil cooler and kinetix plenum. I reckon my super charger conversion will be close to £8k by the time it was fitted and tuned. Worth it though :)

What power you planning?

Hi. It's going back in for a tweek on the map shortly which should see at least 415hp at the rear hubs. ( that should be about 450bhp at the fly I think) Wouldn't want any more than that. That should be fine on standard internals as long as you service the car accordingly and look after it.

It's a totally different animal now !

Don't be fooled buy looking at supercharger kits in the states and thinking it can be done cheap.by the time you import it and get stung on taxes and import duty then by all the additional parts it's not cheap. Torqen do a full bolt on vortech with everything required and it's about £6k from memory. This is what you should be saving for plus then money to fit and map.

I've got a few upgrades parts like full fuel return system with fuel rails, larger intercooler , oil cooler and kinetix plenum. I reckon my super charger conversion will be close to £8k by the time it was fitted and tuned. Worth it though :)

That sounds like good power, So handy we have a tuner up here now. Car gets pampered for services as it is so should be good on the front.

It was driving the golf r that made me want to go for more power as it made the zed feel slow and can't have that lol.

I'd used Torqens kit as a base guide with adding on a few hundred more for a re-map and possibly a new clutch as i'm still on the original. All the fitting would be done by me so would save a fair whack on labor.

You think its possible to get similar power without those upgrades? I'm trying to have the money in the bank before I commit to it so i can get it all at once and not buy in dribs and drabs as i'll just get frustrated at not being able to complete it.

• 3 weeks later...

The cars finally fully usable. I had it in for a full suspension set up at Automek due to me knowing nothing about best settings and adjustments for fast road/track use. Traffic was pretty poor on my drive home but it certainly feels more planted than before.

While it was in East Kilbride Chris was kind enough to collect it and take it to Dynatune where he could tweek the map a little. He's now got it running at 343lbft and 434hp on his hub dyno !

I now just need to find some time to enjoy it..... And fit some of the little parts I have to dress it up

I did find some time to fit this Amazing Tommy gear knob :)

A428538C-0EBC-4E71-9B66-954B27CC1A6D.jpg.ae345a7c6501832d645b5b6d6df61307.jpg

62EF16F5-BB31-4A66-8C58-933A7BA9DEFF.jpg.880eb82d480b0d10d37d7f0dbdc5a577.jpg

40599BDF-3146-499F-8360-72D518196738.png.6e80f12be0306f7e51b1f24e69ee96c7.png

F19A912A-CD13-441A-BA98-045D65F0DA2E.jpg.53082ce07fc2c1cdae4345c24ab6717b.jpg

CEE9A06C-1B83-4F6F-B97C-95C2329C6802.jpg.830326de2f9cf7b9703d4f411c188ec7.jpg

C16AFF60-0015-45FB-B73F-4D92370C01C1.jpg.7dbb3ac2df909140fb7afc49f1c9c7d0.jpg

• Like 4

• 4 months later...

Damn you :rant: This is why i can't get started modding my own car because i see projects like this and straight away think "i can't do that to that level of finish"

Seriously though, Zeds are pretty hard to mod visually as most kits just look awkward but I think you got it pretty much perfect :thumbs:

• Like 1

Cheers guys. The cars going into hibernation for the winter months. We have just had a wee baby boy and finally moved back into our renovated house so don't have much time to use the car just now. Still on the look out for a set of nice wheels for it as well :)

Paul