Will you help me please Z owners ??

Tarmac@TarmacSportz

Hi All,

The little girl below is my 2 year old niece Layla.

She got chicken pox 6 weeks ago, one of the scars on her face carried the 'S' virus from MRSA to her knee, her knee swelled up and the infection travelled from her knee to her heart. This all happened in the space of a few days and if it wasn't for the fact my big bro took her to the hospital early on who knows what would the situation would be now.

The infection latched on to her heart and damaged the left side and one of the main tubes that deliver blood back into the heart. It has been touch and go, she has had open heart surgery which we still don't know if it's been successful or not. It's a roller coaster of news at present and all we can do is prey.

My Brother and his family live in Bracknall but have been at Southampton hospital with Layla. The staff at the hospital have been amazing, a charity called the Ronald McDonald has housed them in a wonderful apartment and we can't fault the NHS at all.

The chances of this happening is thousands to one but it's happened to my niece, it's been a torrid time of late but this has made our family stronger than ever and put things into perspective.

I want to raise money for my Bros chosen charity and I would love you to help, this is about a little girl that is someone's bundle of joy, no forum politics involved, no business, just about helping out a charity so whether your an admin, mod, trader or member I'm calling on you to help make a difference because believe me no matter how big or small a contribution you can help !!

I am new to this so looking for some ideas and help, whether it's a meet, drive, raffle etc. I don't know but would appreciate some opinions and backing.

Many thanks

Chris aka Tarmac

48F41BA5-75A1-4A11-8F2F-B9629171A13C_zpsywzjo14h.jpg

Such an awful set of circumstances your family finds itself in. You're all in my thoughts.

Having raised a grand last year I suggest a Just Giving page for the charity in the name of your niece with the the full story on there.I'm sure folk on here would support and share it. You could also organise an event, like my skydive, to generate more interest and therefore more money "a sponsored... Insert activity of chchoice"

Either way, set up a page, I'll donate some money. Hope your niece recovers soon :-) x

Edited by Lyndzzz

Thoughts are with you fella.

Only round the corner from that hospital if you guys need anything.

As Lyndzz says. Donation site is a good start. I'm sure we could rally an event too.

#teamtarmac

Poor little thing,hoping she gets well soon.

My daughter was very ill with chicken pox at 4 so count me in

Go to the 'Just Giving' website as an idea, and set up a charity for her on there and post a link on here or your facebook if you have one, it works very well and I would love to donate

Best wishes to you and her family

My thoughts and best wishes go out to Layla and your family Chris. Happy to help out what ever and whichever way I can mate.

Sounds like a good idea.

My thoughts go out to you and your brothers family Chris, this is a terrible thing to happen to a small child. I, as I'm sure most on here will also, am more than happy to contribute in some way, shape or form.

So sorry to hear this, I hope everything works out for Layla and your family Chris and out thoughts are with you and yours.

As Lyndzz has already said, start a Just Giving Page https://home.justgiving.com/ It's eady to do and the government will pay the tax on any donations made. My family did this when Joy's great nephew had cancer and we used it last year here for the NSPCC raffle for Wales.

**EDIT** Pinned

Poor little sod. I'll try and help however I can mate.

Give the geographics of the traders say the Friday raffles we used to do but do them individually for high value stuff. They worked quite well back in the day.

Reckon we could raise a fair bit of cash like that,

Or have an auction at a meet but you'd need a big meet to get the best out of it.

How about a forum raffle? That way people who can't make it to the meet can still help out

A donation through just giving gets an entry into the raffle

But keep in mind us non zed owners for prize ideas :lol:

Chris, all the best to Layla, with four kids of my own a serious illness is always a concern, I can't imagine how your family are feeling right now.

I am sure Mudman can arrange a collection at the Wales meet and that auction idea sounds good.

If someone could arrange a fairly central meet we could get a large number of "z"s together and fundraise, how about Coventry motor museum as an idea, I'm sure they would welcome us and easy for many to get to?

really sorry to read bout this Chris. I wish Layla a speedy recovery

A just giving page I would of thought would be good place to start. I'm sure a few of us will be happy to donate to your cause.

We are doing a raffle for Wales 2015 - I am sure we can review the nominated charity for another that's a little closer to home in this case so to speak.

Hi Chris .... Very sad news but she is in the best hands at southampton .... Our son was there when he was first born at 2.9 lb and had To have half of one of his lungs removed .. They are amazing at southampton . After he was out we invited all we new to do a little walk together and donate what they could . We raised 2500 and went into the hospital and said what we wanted the money to be used for , I highly recommend doing this .

Let me know what you decide and we all will be behind you

We are doing a raffle for Wales 2015 - I am sure we can review the nominated charity for another that's a little closer to home in this case so to speak.

^^^ :clap:

Sorry to hear this Chris, wishing all related the best :)

We're all behind you :thumbs: