How long have you been married?

NeilMH

Somewhat unfashionably Mrs H and I logged up 41 years in September. I wonder how the 350Z community stacks up.

If you really must know :lol:, I also got married for the first time in 1973, October actually. Didn't last too long though and I'd remarried by 1979. That lasted until 1997 and I've been with Caroline since 1998 and married for 6 years.

Pete

Hmmm either at lot of people got married very young or everyone is a lot less younger than I thought

People did get married earlier in The 70's (I was 24) possibly because it was easier to get a mortgage, my first house cost £6,500 and my salary was £2,500 p.a. I was able to save the 10% deposit in about 3 months as I already had £400 saved up.

Pete

Get lost you're younger than me! :shock:

yes mate, you were the year above me or was it 2 i cant remember, think you were the same year as the jagnesik brothers and my mate phil. if it makes you feel better my students thought i was in my 40's

46 years :snog::surrender:

Damn and blast....I didn't hold the record for long.

JetSet - we were 21 (+another Caroline). Plus I was done...our first house cost £10,800.

My first house was £3500.00 inc. central heating but no garage ... 3 bed semi

18 years in December - first wife

Show me a couple together after ten tears I'll show you a couple to lazy to argue ;)

:lol:

P.s I have just been informed we had our first date 22 years ago tomorrow - how the hell do they remember this stuff :shrug::wacko:

• Like 3

My first house was £3500.00 inc. central heating but no garage ... 3 bed semi

Yes, I kinda missed out in the housing boom. The estate I bought my first house on had an opening day offer of £3,800 and the houses went to £3,900 the next day. By the time I started looking, just 18 months later, 3 bed semis were £5,500 and by the time I was in a position to buy £6,000. Then after almost getting to completion at 6k I was gazumped and had to start looking all over again..grrr. Still, I sold it a couple of years later for £8,500 :)

Pete

Met Al350 in 1994......his room was much nicer than mine, so we got engaged. Got married in Las Vegas in 2001......can't rush these things ;)

I'm always amazed by couples celebrating 40 + years together :) Although I was rendered speechless the other day when someone told me they were celebrating 37 yrs of marriage only to find out that the couple in question had been living in separate houses for the past 7 years. Apparently the relationship works very well though, own space and all that. Anyone else live separately from their partner? And does it work better?

• Like 1