How long have you been married?

NeilMH

I must confess I am shamelessly ripping of a recent thread on Blatchat......however.....

In days of yore some of us got married quite young.

Somewhat unfashionably Mrs H and I logged up 41 years in September. I wonder how the 350Z community stacks up.

Apparently 42% of all marriages end in divorce at some point, plus (according to ONS):

• 34% of marriages are expected to end in divorce by the 20th wedding anniversary.

• An additional 6% of marriages are expected to end by the 20th wedding anniversary because one of the spouses has died.

• Therefore 60% of marriages are expected to survive to the 20th anniversary.

• 16% of marriages reach the 60th wedding anniversary.

• The average marriage is expected to last for 32 years.

Firstly congratulations on 41 years and may you have many more.

I'm not married and don't intend to (the OH has other ideas though) as to me it doesn't mean a lot other than spending a fortune - not a small fortune but a real fortune on basically a piece of paper (in my opinion obviously) and feeding those relatives who have very little time for you at any other point in your life.

I'm from a large family and was outcast by my fathers family when my mum and dad split up so my views are rather biased.

• Like 1

In 1973 it didn't cost a fortune. We went into the hall next door and had something approximating to a school dinner :lol:

On our wedding night we stayed at my brother-in-laws flat in Farquhar Road near Crystal Palace and then went to a hotel in Bournemouth for a week. :blush:

I'm not married and don't intend to (the OH has other ideas though) as to me it doesn't mean a lot other than spending a fortune - not a small fortune but a real fortune on basically a piece of paper (in my opinion obviously) and feeding those relatives who have very little time for you at any other point in your life.

I'm from a large family and was outcast by my fathers family when my mum and dad split up so my views are rather biased.

Even though it doesn`t always workout and last forever, especially in my case, I think it represents far more than a piece of paper and can also be done on the cheap without costing a fortune - the divorces, on the other hand, are a completely different matter ... :rtfm:

Edited by Wayne370Z
  • Like 1

Even though it doesn`t always workout and last forever, especially in my case, I think it represents far more than a piece of paper and can also be done on the cheap without costing a fortune - the divorces, on other hand, are a completely different matter ... :rtfm:

You haven't met my Mrs, everything costs s fortune with her :lol:

I did say my view is biased and congrats on your 20 years :thumbs:

23 years to my hand :cloud9:

:lol: That doesn't count surely, ...for the first 13 years I'd imagine it wasn't consummated. :dry::D

Been with my Mrs for 11 years this December coming.

Engaged for one year so far but pretty sure we'll get married one day as I can't seem to get rid of her. :surrender:;)

I'll just go check with the wife how long we've been married....

2.5 years apparently. :teeth:

Did you really dare to go and ask her that ? .... :scare:

I've got the dead leg to prove it

• Like 2

I'll just go check with the wife how long we've been married....

2.5 years apparently. :teeth:

Did you really dare to go and ask her that ? .... :scare:

I asked Mr TwoBears as he is more informed on these matters than I am :blush: He didn't take offence but then he never does which is why he is such a lovely husband ;)