New car option

parello9

So i always wanted a s2000 when i bought my 350z.. And i want a 370z but this just popped up

7F7FC491-B3B3-4C89-9249-ABD31F23C0A9_zps8jrzd1v6.jpg

6B312A26-34B6-462B-A374-5B3D65E73915_zpsu9frjyct.jpg

Full honda service history

1 owner gent is about 75

23,000 miles

Standard clean straight car

Would retail for bout £12k

But would be for sale about £10k

What would you do?

just hold out for a 370z im thinking

What I would do is of no consequence, ...think you need to drive both imo to make up your own mind. ;)

For what it's worth I know the Honda VTEC engines are superb and imo the S2000 convertible is a better looking car than the 370Z convertible but I'd prefer a 370Z coupe over the S2000. No help I know. :lol::teeth:

If it was me I would go for the 370 . . . bit roomier on the inside . . and like Ricey, I don't want to have to thrash an engine to get it to move.

But this is just my opinion, test drive them both, good luck in what ever you decide :thumbs:

Oddly I think the S2000 is best looking in silver, but that appears to be a cracker and very well looked after. It would look amazing after a simple stancing and leave it at that ;)

I think the S2000 looks best in yellow...

IMG_20140625_175725_zpslhwica0g.jpg

I won't comment about the difference in driving dynamics as that has a Greddy turbo conversion so it's not really a direct comparison. You really need to drive them yourself and make your decision to what you want.

Edited by Gudzy

Very nice, love the colour. I had a quick spin in one about 9 years ago, super smooth engine the only thing I could fault was it was a bit too cosy/cramped for me.

Pete

I too booked a spin in one around 10 years ago and it was also a bit cramped for me.

Sadly they couldn't get the engine started so I never got to drive it :dry: (and it was at a Honda dealership)

Both great cars but very different beasts for sure

When I was looking for a 2 seater I looked at a s2k amongst many other options but as others have said I too found the cabin a little claustrophobic so opted for the 370

I would test drive and try out the comfort of them both before making any decisions, good luck :thumbs:

Definitely take it for a spin, they are great cars. Obviously it's got a smaller more dated cabin, but it is comfortable even on long journeys and more than adequate for long weekends away. They are very very reliable cars. Handling is very good, but can bite on the limit - especially in the wet (lots of them have been pranged this way). Compared to a Z it will feel gutless low down, and this can sometimes be annoying, but when pushing it on it is a really sweet engine. Of course this can be rectified by fitting a supercharger - a JRSC will give ~100bhp more and instant torque from any revs, or a Rotrex will give >100bhp but this is more top end power

Good: Awesome handling, superb car when pressing on

Bad: Juicy as you like, annoying for long journeys due to lack of torque and £10K for an S2K is a LOT IMO

Drive it, see what you think - I get bored of them pretty quick but they are definitely a racier alternative to the Zed :)

I had a s2k for a couple of years and it was really good fun, really reliable . Completely different to the zed though .... It's a lot rawer and mine at least was pretty loud when driving it with the roof up . Great though , but when I sold my HR zed a few years ago I didn't feel the need to own another .... But I did with the zed :)

Is the 370z really that big a jump to warrant an upgrade and double purchase price? I'm asking, as I haven't driven a 370z, only my HR 350z.

I would be looking at a Cayman S after this 350z if I was looking for an "upgrade" for that sort of money.

though the liklihood of that is fairly slim, im far more likely to sell the zed and go full asbo with a LS2 Monaro

Edited by mikejbry

Buy, the S2K! 370Z are still being made but the honda looks like a great example of a great car that will never be made again. If you don't get on with it you can always sell it on. As you say, it's worth more than its being sold for.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is the 370z really that big a jump to warrant an upgrade and double purchase price? I'm asking, as I haven't driven a 370z, only my HR 350z.

I would be looking at a Cayman S after this 350z if I was looking for an "upgrade" for that sort of money.

though the liklihood of that is fairly slim, im far more likely to sell the zed and go full asbo with a LS2 Monaro

Cayman S is no where near as nice inside. You would have to go for the MK2 and thats a lot more than double a 350z.

I am still not sure the 70 is worth double a 50 but I can't find anything else that beats the 70 taking costs, quality, reliability and speed into account.

So with that in mind it was a winner for me.

Surely there's a big cost difference between the two ? Which has to play a part

The 370 is nothing like the 350 imo, it's a much nicer place to be and much more nimble, out of the box it has a much sharper turn in, prob due to the wider stance and reduced wheelbase

And tbh what does it matter what anyone else would do ? We all have different priorities when looking at cars... Drive them both then YOU will know :thumbs: