350z makeover

chalkie4721

thanks guy's for all your views good and bad, yes I knew it would be a marmite moment but I like it. it's not the finished article and does look a bit off with the wheels but like I said one thing at a time :) I've been to meets and the only thing that is different with a lot of the zeds is colour so wanted to add these type of discussing points to future meets . and yes I do like termite haha

There are times in life when people say the phrase

"Just because you CAN do something, does not mean you SHOULD be doing it"

This is one of those times.

And I'm not even having a discussion, that front bumper is hideous, end of.

That front bumper is up there among LED washer jets, cheap LED strips stuck onto headlights, unnecessary numberplate deletes on rears of cars (think Merc C-Class with smoothed boot lid and numberplate stuck on bumper), any Halfords £5.99 stick-on tat and the list goes on.

If you haven't already, you could register an account at www.barryboys.co.uk

Lolol Waiting for Matt to comment!

It is a different car! Don't think anyones head will NOT be turning.

Apart from all what has been stated, thing I like about the Zed is the smooth curves and flowing lines, Too many sharp edges and boxyness for me.

Spot-on attitude, fair play to you fella :thumbs:

Totally agree, extra brucey bonus to the OP.

If you like it then that is all that matters and by putting up on an open forum you will get some blatant honest opinions.

Not my cuppa im afraid.

Fair play for trying something different and taking the criticism in the chin

It's a bodykit that's hard to pull off cos of the size of the front bumper and big big vents

Personally I think the 2 tone pattern isn't working. On a subtle kit the black accents can add some aggression. But with a big bodykit like that too much 2 tone can make it OTT.

For me the black all the way down on front and back isn't working. If it was left to the bonnet and roof with black mesh to replace the silver I think it would look tidier

Also being an import I would also add a boot spoiler but keep it a lip. Standard spoiler can look great on a heavily modded car or there's the blitz spoiler that I love

yeah I like it,everybody that has seen it in my area and made comment on it have given me positive feedback on it, it's only on this forum that I've had negative reviews which I understand as your all zed lovers and feel it's a sin to tamper with its already good looks. it does turn heads and you can see it in people's faces that they like it.when I go to car shows I don't want to see bog standard straight off the forecourt cars I want to see the ones that are done up :)

I think the workmanship is spot on, shut lines etc all look good and I am not gonna pick on someone that heavily modifies a Zed even if they pick a different body kit to me.

I don't like any front that comes out that far including the V3 personally, but I liked Jed's Zed and he has the V3, I do agree with I4N though I think it has to many sharp angles that's why it doesn't "blend" or work so well they are just a bit to harsh.

I have to refrain from saying anything about loud colour schemes as one day I may paint mine a loud colour - maybe still debating that.

• Like 1

Calendar entry for April 2015

I can appreciate the time, effort & money you've put into the car, its certainly different!

Your build thread would already beat most but its not my cuppa tea overall.

Top attitude taking all the crap from us & well done for being different than most of us with our stubby aerials & cool wheel nuts! :thumbs:

yeah I like it,everybody that has seen it in my area and made comment on it have given me positive feedback on it, it's only on this forum that I've had negative reviews which I understand as your all zed lovers and feel it's a sin to tamper with its already good looks. it does turn heads and you can see it in people's faces that they like it.when I go to car shows I don't want to see bog standard straight off the forecourt cars I want to see the ones that are done up :)

I don't think anyone on here necessarily believes it's a sin to tamper with the Zeds appearance (although it is great looking as standard) as if you look through the members builds there are plenty of modified Zeds attracting many compliments from fellow Zed owners & past Zed owners.

I just think everyone has different tastes and yours is a taste significantly rarer than anyone else's. :lol:;)

I mean honestly I think you have ruined that car imo ~ looks terrible no matter how good shut lines are or colour choices etc ~ and I'm sure people locally probably have told you it looks good but then they either know you or don't have the balls just to be honest with you & tell you they think it's awful.

Each to there own for sure and I'm glad you love your Zed as they are great cars.

Good on you for taking all the criticism so well and no offence intended by any of the above just thought I'd give you my honest opinion rather than some BS. :thumbs:

• Like 1

Woah guys, I know the car might not be to everyone's taste but try not to go for the jugular to much eh :lol:

Personally not my thing but it would be boring if everyone's was the same/similar. Fair play for doing it and its clearly taken quite a bit of money and effort.

Your Z and money you crack on fella. And welcome btw if your new to the forum

• Like 5

Let's just all contribute £1 each and restore that zed to his better days! :cry:

I will donate a stubby : thumbs:

The Iberdezign Havoc front bumper.

The name is burnt into my mind from about 6 years ago when the last poor member proudly revealed it only to be shot down in flames by Welsh Ian.

Looks a bit like bumble bee to me, it will certainly turn heads so fair play and as said, your car, your money and all that matters is your happy !

• Like 1