Making a Z'ed flame?

mattfinch

After reading this, im sad to say i own a civic (crx) turbo.. and it pops and bangs through shifts lol no flaming though! however i thought i was moving up in the world buying into a 350 but it looks like the same things happens here lmao! still cant work out why you would want flames from such a nice car lol unless it was boosted then it would be cool!

After reading this, im sad to say i own a civic (crx) turbo.. and it pops and bangs through shifts lol no flaming though! however i thought i was moving up in the world buying into a 350 but it looks like the same things happens here lmao! still cant work out why you would want flames from such a nice car lol unless it was boosted then it would be cool!

I disagree with your last bit, It's more impressive getting a few Pop's and Bangs from a NA engine as apposed to a Turbo'd engine.

Ferrari's and Lambo's are nice cars, do the 'PaB' ruin them? :lol:

I don't think a car popping and spitting flames is a "chav" thing at all. I can't help but think that the stereotype some of you guys have in mind for "boy racers" is completely wrong.

My local meet is at a mcdonalds car park but thats where the cliche ends, every sunday it's full of evo's, RS's, skylines, scoobies and type r's. It's actually a great meet with loads of cool people and interesting cars.

My mates GTR pops and spits flames, anyone who thinks this is uncool can't possibly call themselves a petrol head :p

qz21z6.jpg

Edited by nowhereboy

This is cool because it's from power and it's not someone sat revving the nuts off their car in a car park somewhere. Flames are cool, it's the way in which they're achieved which decides if you're cool or not :lol:

• Like 1

I miss my RX-7 for its flames...they were one of the characteristic things about my car. Those who don't like them obviously never had a car that does it, it's great fun when BMW's try and sit on your arse on the motorway, a long late lift off the throttle and six foot flames pop out the back...what's not to like?

If I recall correctly, you can put more fuel into the map where the lift off path is, which they used to do to keep turbos spinning on gear changes. If you imagine that when you accelerate you pass up along a curved path on the map as the throttle position increases ahead of the revs, well when you lift off you follow a reflected path as the throttle position drops sooner than the revs and that's where to put the extra fuel which will largely pass un-burnt into the exhaust.

Quick sketch here:

112224_8lo.jpg

Edited by andysmee

I miss my RX-7 for its flames...they were one of the characteristic things about my car. Those who don't like them obviously never had a car that does it, it's great fun when BMW's try and sit on your arse on the motorway, a long late lift off the throttle and six foot flames pop out the back...what's not to like?

If I recall correctly, you can put more fuel into the map where the lift off path is, which they used to do to keep turbos spinning on gear changes. If you imagine that when you accelerate you pass up along a curved path on the map as the throttle position increases ahead of the revs, well when you lift off you follow a reflected path as the throttle position drops sooner than the revs and that's where to put the extra fuel which will largely pass un-burnt into the exhaust.

Quick sketch here:

112224_8lo.jpg

this is how my car is currently mapped, and how i achieved just short of 300 bhp from a stock b16 with a bolt on turbo kit lol! although it stinks of fuel on let off!

Flames because your car is hugely powerful = mega cool, internet winning points

Purposely mapping the car wrong to create flames or fitting a flamer kit = mega rubbish

woah... thats made me remember, ive got one of those flame thrower kits in my garage somewhere. I completely forgot I had one!!! :thumbs:

• Like 1

Don't really see the appeal IMO why you want your car to sound like a skeleton masterbaiting in a biscuit tin :shrug:

I don't even understand this, but it certainly made me laugh :lol:

:lol: Each to there own I guess, I love it. It's the same reason for why do people mod there car? To be different and get attention, it's just another method of making peoples heads turn.

When I get a BGW I'm sure there will be a lot of haters, but hai ho :p

**Just to clarify though, Car's naturally do them, I'm not a fan for adding flame kits etc, just fan from De-cats.**

Edited by grundy225

Mine is decatted and bangs like the cattle truck when I give it a couple of high blips but as for flames......I have no idea as I am in the driver's seat and my eyes are firmly on the road ahead. It would be cool just to scare the shite out of some asswipe tailgater but to be fair mine sounds evil enough without the flames to scare any rear view whoppers off.

Mine is decatted and bangs like the cattle truck when I give it a couple of high blips but as for flames......I have no idea as I am in the driver's seat and my eyes are firmly on the road ahead. It would be cool just to scare the shite out of some asswipe tailgater but to be fair mine sounds evil enough without the flames to scare any rear view whoppers off.

Let me know if you get warning points, I've always wondered how close to the mark you can push the bad words :lol:

• Like 1

Is it mapped?
  • Like 1