Knockhill Trackday 20th september (featuring Zmanalex!)

ARphotographs

Haha, Alex will have to start putting notches on the car for every wife/girlfriend he takes for a ride! He's a popular guy ;)

Anyway, top pics Adam.

Wincing at the thought of the clamshell repair costs....

_MG_2642.jpg

It was a bit of a mess.Gouges down the rear quarter and across the back bumper .2 tyres off the rims as well. :headhurt:

Got to ask the question Alex, why does it seem it is only the nearside pipe that spits flame on the overrun - is it simply beacuse its the shorter exit?

Yeah, Colin, probably because it is the shortest exit but it does flame out of both consistently.

Check this vid out from Saturday, I think I come into view about 2 minutes into the vid. and then I am gone. ;)

http://uk.youtube.com/watch?v=fRulYqk-9JA

You were too quick for the vid car, only saw you for about 30 secs! :p

But yep, can see both flame throwers were working well :teeth:

The white Porsche seemed to have strayed onto the track for a Sunday afternoon camber and some of the lines were, er different particuarly by the Caterham/Westie.

Having watched the (ITV4) recording last night of the latest BTCC visit to Knockhill, there is some impressive sideways leaps over the brows - they do justice as rally drivers as well as racers :thumbs:

You were too quick for the vid car, only saw you for about 30 secs! :p

But yep, can see both flame throwers were working well :teeth:

The white Porsche seemed to have strayed onto the track for a Sunday afternoon camber and some of the lines were, er different particuarly by the Caterham/Westie.

Having watched the (ITV4) recording last night of the latest BTCC visit to Knockhill, there is some impressive sideways leaps over the brows - they do justice as rally drivers as well as racers :thumbs:

There was some tasty stuff out on Saturday.

Usual 2 seater stuff, Good mix of Elise and Caterham

911 GTR RS X 2

911 GTR X 2

911 GT2 TURBO

FERRARI 360?

Evos.

Over 60 cars were signed in and open Pit Lane.

Adam told me that there was a black 350Z there but I never saw it the whole day which is a shame as I would have been over to say hi, so if you are reading this ZeddZ, Hello and hope that you enjoyed your :drive1

Yeah Colin the side ways leaps as you call them is mostly at Duffus which is at the end of the main straight which you approach at 130mph. The Zed on stock suspension just floats over this but the KW Clubsport requires a softer rebound setting or you are tucked for the next two corners.

Great pics!

Sorry I never made it down.... :drunk:

Give me a shout next time Alex and Jayne and I will come down to watch you! We'll take our helmets just in case! :teeth:

I remember going round knockhill with some rally drivers. A driver took me round in a Lotus Sunbeam, left foot breaking sliding sideways all the way down Duffus and sideways round the next two corners! It wasn't the quickest line but it was entertaining. Fantastic car control..... did I mention it was a women!