Making a Z'ed flame?

mattfinch

Hello all

I would like to know if anyone knows the best way to make the 350z flame. I have full cobra exhaust with de-cats and Abbey Motorsports UpRev and the car hardly ever flames.

With some cars I have had with de-cats you can make it flame by revving it to a certain rpm then hitting the throttle and it will flame the un used fuel.

Does anyone know any tips for the Z'ed?

Thanks

haha sorry if im sounding like a chav, Want I mean is when going down the motorway or through a tunnel having the odd flame popping out when pulling past someone would be nice. Im not talking about sitting in a car park popping flames to show off my massive engine B)

pops and crackles are fairly easy to come by, you've done all the right things by decatting and fitting a sports exhaust. full on flames are a little trickier.

however, i do agree that full on flames are cool in my opinion - following both a R33 Skyline and a turbo'ed Lexus Altezza on track, which were both making huge FLAAAAMES under braking and downshifting for corners. but as said, its a lot easier with a turbo - save up for one of them!

• Like 1

Flames because your car is hugely powerful = mega cool, internet winning points

Purposely mapping the car wrong to create flames or fitting a flamer kit = mega rubbish

my s14 was only about 220-230bhp n that used to flame on overrun, is that mega rubbish haha

also mate the civic thing we want BGW lets not make it any worse for ourselves

Edited by StevoD
  • Like 1

I get pops and crackles on down shifting but I think it looks good to see the odd flame or two from a car.

I really asked if anyone knows the best way to do it and people have answered saying easier with a turbo. I don't remember asking if people dislike it or not

I don't get why all the hate? :lol:

When at Silverstone watching the drifters, it's awesome hearing them go round bouncing off the limiter/shifting down to hear those bangs.

(it's not so much huge flames I like, as there just form those daft eBay jobbies BM linked)

The only time this gets chavvy IMO is when they pay £200 to have (i have no idea what it's called) this thing installed, that when then rev's hit (random guess) 7k that it emits a bang. Because that's not actually the car doing the work, that's just some junk that's been installed.

I think it's just nice when you've been on a long motorway journey, engine and cars is all warmed up, you come off at the slip road, down shift and your car burbles with the odd bang here and there.

Each to there own I guess.

• Like 3

I don't get why all the hate? :lol:

When at Silverstone watching the drifters, it's awesome hearing them go round bouncing off the limiter/shifting down to hear those bangs.

(it's not so much huge flames I like, as there just form those daft eBay jobbies BM linked)

The only time this gets chavvy IMO is when they pay £200 to have (i have no idea what it's called) this thing installed, that when then rev's hit (random guess) 7k that it emits a bang. Because that's not actually the car doing the work, that's just some junk that's been installed.

I think it's just nice when you've been on a long motorway journey, engine and cars is all warmed up, you come off at the slip road, down shift and your car burbles with the odd bang here and there.

Each to there own I guess.

bee-r this thing?

I agree with grundy225. I'm not looking for huge flames poring out the back. I think different people have different views nothing to do with age. 350Ad you are only 2 years older then me with both have similar bits on our cars so must share similar interests somewhere

Pretty similar to that Stevo - Was on a Clio I saw it on :lol: And it wasn't like that machine gun, it was like the 2nd bang of that video.....Rev rev rev rev BANG.

That I don't get the point of, it would **** me off, as every single time you hit that rev it's going to do a loud ass bang.