Zed Shed Pit Crew Do It Again!!!!!!

Keyser

Well done guys, think I spotted how you did it?

Perhaps they just swapped the wheels and tailgate to another black Zed, unless the front number plate is off the donor car :lol:

there was a far bit more involved than this i can tell you. :D:victory:

Perhaps they just swapped the wheels and tailgate to another black Zed, unless the front number plate is off the donor car :lol:

I know Bob, and I am always a bit envious whenever I see any thread started by you or any member of the Keyser Clan.

It's really heartwarming to see genuine good people with a true passion for their hobbys to step in and lend more than just a helping hand. The world needs more people like yourselves.

Edited by BulletMagnet

I know Bob, and I am always a bit envious whenever I see any thread started by you or any member of the Keyser Clan.

It's really heartwarming to see genuine good people with a true passion for their hobbys to step in and lend more than just a helping hand. The world needs more people like yourselves.

A huge big +1 to that - absolutely brilliant guys and Kim, you really are one in a million :clap:

OK OK it wasn't really witchcraft or black magic and we are good but not that good :lol:

How it really happened ( I feel like Penn and Teller writing this) :lol:

Anyway as I said to Luke with that many panels gone we really need a doner car.

So we (me and Luke) acquired this

2_zps2fe28331.jpg

See what I did there - you thought I spelt donor wrong didn't ya!!!! :lol:

Some more pics

3_zps185a669c.jpg

4_zps82cabd2d.jpg

5_zps92cad70a.jpg

7_zps1d4e0a7b.jpg

8_zps832aee20.jpg

She is an 05 UK GT Spec with 25,000 miles on the clock - not in perfect condition and no proper service history (but at 25K who cares)

The body work except the rear bumper is 85% - engine seems sweet. As well as the engine bay plastics which were all missing the driver's side dash had no plastic on the lower area so all the switches were just hanging out, drivers side seat is sticky - prolly just lack of use. The brakes had a slightly spongy feel as well - they work but don't feel 100% - fluid and pads needed I'd say.

EDIT: - That POP charger is a joke its just a filter bouncing around under the bonnet! :scare:

While all this was going on I also have another Zed owner in contact with me about some bad suspension damage,

So now it gets complicated,

Owner No 2 wants a substantial amount of front end parts

Buster is on the lookout for some interior parts.

Mattross1313 - would like a few bits n bobs

I am after some things ready for the now Big roadster revamp this winter

So when we sat down and worked it all out the best way forwards was to get the "doner" car we then moved, Seats, suspension, zorst, boot lid the wheels (after having the bad ones tyre removed and checked then the rim cleaned, sealed and re balanced) as well as the pulling the head unit and spending over an hour getting the stickers off the side :lol: and mopping the doors as well as some minor bits like B pillars and we then flushed and bled the brakes with some RBF600.

Few more pics

KODC0923_zpsf1a4c046.jpg

KODC0924_zps212a2396.jpg

wheels anyone???

KODC0925_zpsfb4b82a7.jpg

the Green ones are actually genuine Veilside Andrew Racing wheels if you like them PM me :) they don't have to stay Green :lol:

Mid day we found a rusted nut hampering progress - Buster thought I could grind half of it off and then chisel the other half away without damaging the threads - Yer right!!!

I have to say his faith in me is amazing, so with a fair bit of pushing from the rest of the crew I had a go

KODC0926_zps38f1bf0a.jpg

KODC0927_zps97bd365b.jpg

and the bolt is still in use Whoop Whoop - I have some great ideas (I told Bob if it worked I'd take the credit :p)

Seats and lower dash swapped

KODC0934_zps3ff3c9bd.jpg

I'm sure you will agree that the finished result was pretty good.

KODC0929_zpseb0105a6.jpg

O and at the risk of being told off by the Mods - I have a large number of OEM parts for sale so PM me and I'll see if I have it - For Sale thread/threads to follow ASAP.

The Crew.

WTF, I've just put the pop-corn the in the microwave, hoping I've got some few good hours to read. What do you mean all done in 7 hours?!!

:lol:

Well done, again!

It's an Eastern European thing mate :lol:

O and at the risk of being told off by the Mods - I have a large number of OEM parts for sale so PM me and I'll see if I have it - For Sale thread/threads to follow ASAP.

The Crew.

Absolutely no problem Chris - bloody hell after what you do for members on here we ought to be paying you for all your generosity and help :notworthy:

amazing job, well done :thumbs:

surprised you aren't keeping the green wheels for 'the bitch' :)

out of curiosity where does luke stand now with regards to the v5? does he just register himself as the new owner of the donor car?