I have 18" rays, can i use 19" tyres ???

Theres always been Ethel

hi guys, donut don here.

im looking to buy new tyres all round on me Zed, it has 18inch rays. i see that there is a lot of chatter about tyres, and most seem to quote tyre sizes ending in R19.

does this mean they have 19inch wheels, or are they simply putting wider tyres on the 18inch rims ??

Is this advisable. My zed has original bridgestone tyres on, FRONT are 225/45/R18 and REAR are 245/45/R18.

I am looking to move away from these and try and get Falkens 452, or Michelin Pilot Sport 2, should I get R19 's or is this not advisable on an 18 rim.

thanks all.

Don.

Okay then,

NO your missing the point, I want to know if a 19inch tyre will fit my 18 rims !!

please answer my question, I am a troll, I am a troll, I am a troll, your missing my point you scumbags. lol

ONLY KIDDING

thanks guys, (ps, i did say i dumb)

okay so its 18inch tyres then, i will look for falken 452s, they seem popular, and i dont want to spend a fortune.

Someone mentioned Federals, what are they like chaps ?

don

225/45/R18

225 means the width of the tyre in mm. So 225mm wide.

45 means the profile, so the difference in length between the edge of the rim to the edge of the tyre. But this is worked out as a %.

45% of 225mm is the height of the tyre.

R means that the tyre is radial.

18 means the size of the alloy wheel that it would fit. 18". Won't fit anything else.