I have 18" rays, can i use 19" tyres ???

Theres always been Ethel

For that price you can pretty much get Michelin pilot super sports (basically the best tyre you can get)

245/45r18 is 175 and 225/45r18 is 158 iirc, go for them mate don't worry about the extra couple quid, your car will thank you for it! Plus will be a lot safer braking distance wise and handling grip to, you'll notice a hell of a difference after the running in period. Drive carefully for about 250 miles while the bed in

cool, will make a note, at the mo, there is little tread left on the bridgestones, esp at the edges, and the car is very skittish when you first get going, and it does not improve much, its like driving on cross plys in a classic, you know, like when you used to hit the white lines, all over the shop. plus its a nightmare when wet.

don.

Hope you get what your after Don...and at the right price!

Last week...out of curiousity I went to Coopers (tried trusted)... what price can you give for Falken 452's..."we don't stock Falkens".... :byebye::dry: ...Not happy. I quite like the Falkens on mine and wouldn't mind when it comes time to try and find some more, bet theres none when I do cos' they've stopped making them..arrgh.

Edited by AMT

Are they the original Bridgestone re040? They awful I've heard plus the Bridgestone re050 we put on most BMW are pretty shite to, definatley go with Michelin PSS, the vredstein ultrac sessanta are meant to be really good to if you can't quite stretch, Plus they look great!

i ran federal super steels for two years nothing wrong with thwm great in all conditions and never trip the tcs unless i wanted it to ..but its down to personal choice really find a a tyre that suits you and stick with them i say

Falkens or michelin would be best choice i would say

Edited by jumping350

Makes a huge difference on any car. My old 206 GTi 180 came with pirellis. Put on Goodyear eagle f1s and it was night and day. Absolutely amazing. So so much more grip, and confidence! One certain corner near where I live, I could only go at 50 in the pirellis and then it'd twitch. But in the eagles I could hit 70 and it was still fine.

Definitely. Also, can't remember what year your car is Don but I wouldn't run tyres that are 5+ years old on anything. If they're the originals then I would certainly consider binning them ASAP and getting new ones on there, even if it means dropping the cash on a card for a month. Better than then in a ditch :)

Makes a huge difference on any car. My old 206 GTi 180 came with pirellis. Put on Goodyear eagle f1s and it was night and day. Absolutely amazing. So so much more grip, and confidence! One certain corner near where I live, I could only go at 50 in the pirellis and then it'd twitch. But in the eagles I could hit 70 and it was still fine.

In a 40 zone?

Also OP has changed his name! Was it because if the shame of this thread?

Haha, I would probably change my name too. Then stick a gun to my face to end it all for good.

The title makes me laugh every time I read it.

Harsh but true.

Also OP has changed his name! Was it because if the shame of this thread?

Haha, I would probably change my name too. Then stick a gun to my face to end it all for good.

The title makes me laugh every time I read it.

Harsh but true.

Lol, I didn't mean for it to be harsh at all. No disrespect to the OP.

:drunk:

guys, i have lots of patience, except when someone gets abusive and call me a DICK !!, totally uncalled for. I am not an engineer or mechanic type of guy, and i have heard rightly or wrongly of wider tyres being put on slightly smaller wheels. in any case isnt a forum all about education, chat and sharing information.

so thanks to everyone who have been positive (most, if not all bar one). imho there have been too many squabbles on forums which always end in tears, and lfe is far too short for that.

OKAY, I have been getting prices today, and have been surpsised to learn that availability of many of the popular brands is pretty limited in the two sizes (front and rear) if you want to keep the same tread pattern.

I ended up with a good quote for 4 vredestein sasseena (or something like that) at £610. fully incl, and incl a 4 wheel allignment. (Watling Tyres)

THEN, i was offered from a local garage 4 falken ZE912 s at £600 all in with the alignment. I have said yes to these, but now im home, and have checked the reviews are mixed, some are complete "$hite, dont touch them, and some are wow, theyre great.

how confusing lads, on the other hand the Vreds have nothing but praise, so ive answered my own question i suppose, Get the Vreds.

Any comments please on the Falken 912, s ?, HELP me, im just a troll after all, (whatever that is)

Don