Little known facts about the 350Z

Impressed

Nope, it was the one I took the day I bought it. I don't need to take it to some fancy location, polish it and take professional photos for it to look good; I could if I wanted, but I prefer to drive it :D

The car was actually dirty that day, I really want to know how on earth the photo turned out like that. :scare:

HDR post processing. Did it on mine.

It is possible to fit 4 x 19" Finichi Firenze alloys (complete with tyres) in a 350z! :teeth: And thats without removing the spare!

But i didn't put them in myself, i just watched them being loaded up!! :lol:

All depends on the width of the wheel I guess, I had to remove the spare when transporting my 19" Volks, fronts on passenger seat and rears in the back ;)

It is possible to fit 4 x 19" Finichi Firenze alloys (complete with tyres) in a 350z! :teeth: And thats without removing the spare!

But i didn't put them in myself, i just watched them being loaded up!! :lol:

All depends on the width of the wheel I guess, I had to remove the spare when transporting my 19" Volks, fronts on passenger seat and rears in the back ;)

At the risk of sounding totally girly, they were big fat ones!! :blush::lol:

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Only just found this out after a year of ownership... The trip computer buttons, Where the lower button "A" is to reset the mpg, and the above button "B" is to skip to next information.... If you hold in the lower button "A", you go to the previous info you read.

For the past year ive been clicking and passing the info i wanted, to have to click another 7 times. :lol:

• Like 2

• 5 weeks later...

This is still a great car, not sure whether to get the 370Z or the 350Z though. Do you think it's worth paying that bit extra for the 370Z?

Yes, if your budget allows and having the opportunity to experience both pre (276bhp) & post rev-up (296bhp) 350s :)

But your heart (and pocket) might say 350 and absolutely nothing wrong if that is your choice. If I had a garage I may still have a 350 but it would have been a HR engined version, knowing what can be done power-wise with those on standard internals :D

This is still a great car, not sure whether to get the 370Z or the 350Z though. Do you think it's worth paying that bit extra for the 370Z?

Its all personal preference. The 370z is dropping in price now so more affordable. I personally preferred my 313 to the 370z both in looks and the driving experience.

If you can afford a 370z id be tempted to get some test drives in both and see which you prefer.

Can't imagine why the designers decided that we needed to keep our gloves in little cupboards behind the seats.

That's where i keep my racing gloves :lol: get sweaty hands on trackdays and i don't want to forget them. I also keep CDs in there which i haven't listened to since i bought the car.

Can anyone confirm this factoid - the passenger seat is mounted lower than the driver's. It certainly feels like it!

Can anyone confirm this factoid - the passenger seat is mounted lower than the driver's. It certainly feels like it!

I can't confirm that but I did always wonder why the passenger seat tilts forward when you open/close the roof on the roadster but the drivers seat stays put.

• 2 weeks later...

I only found this out a few days ago - what is that vertical line on the driver's side mirror for?

The mirror on the outer side of the line is shaped differently and should show you vehicles that are in your "blind spot".

Can't say I've ever noticed this before.

• 1 month later...

The valet key which has no battery will disengage the immobiliser and start the car but will not open the glove box. (Owners manual)

Doesn't on Caroline's MY07 roadster. shrug.gif

Pete

Is it definetly the origional nissan key?

It should operate as above. Maybe its a replacent?

Looks original to me.

I have a similar problem with my valet key. Unlocks the door and disables the alarm, but not the emobiliser!!

Any ideas??

bangin.gif

Jacko

Just sets the alarm off when opening the door.

Pete

I dont even have a key like that. Just two normal keys ...should i have one?

Edited by Keviswatt

Don't really know, I bought my Zed new and only had the 2 keys, Caroline's Zed was second hand and had 3 keys. Could be that my 3rd key is hidden somewhere in the car or that the dealer forgot to give it me....or earlier ones don't have a valet key, I'm sure someone will know.

Pete

Don't really know, I bought my Zed new and only had the 2 keys, Caroline's Zed was second hand and had 3 keys. Could be that my 3rd key is hidden somewhere in the car or that the dealer forgot to give it me....or earlier ones don't have a valet key, I'm sure someone will know.

Pete

I got 3 keys in 2004 with the new car

• 4 weeks later...

Pete

I got 3 keys in 2004 with the new car

Same. :)

• 2 weeks later...

This is a pic of the air con ventilation pipe. It roughly situated underneath the passenger footwell underneath the car. When the air con is on air will flow out of this vent (you can feel it with your hand). It will also remove any built up condensation by dropping water out! I was trying to find out why there was drops of water under my car when I had it running for a few minutes last night..

DSC_0361_zps73779b90.jpg