Little known facts about the 350Z

Impressed

Graham you need to ask if the Z shed can build a refrigeration unit into that rear cubby hole.

You might want white wine own your next trip!! Lol.

I'm sure they could Andy, well, anything is possible at that place, I believe they make invisible sheds now but I've yet to see one, and besides, we are not great lovers of the white grape :)
  • Like 1

The Z can ACTUALLY do 30mpg!! Well 30.1mpg!! That's the best I'VE done anyway!!

Try sticking cruise control on at 50mph, think I managed about 37mpg doing that! :thumbs: Remember to reset the trip comp once you've got cruise on to make sure it just reads that section of the journey!

Yeah...i managed about 31mpg with cruise set to 80mph!! :teeth:

Although this lowest fuel consumption debates are usually useless, I must add my 2 cents..

40mpg is totally achievable, I've done it on my trip to Germany (Nur). Mostly highway with a detour to see Hockenheim ring and a few other stops. 1000km (621miles) with still a bit fuel left in the tank..

• 2 weeks later...

Nissan spent 2 and a half years working on the exhaust note. Only 100 cars were sold in the UK per year, the numbers were limited around 70/30 split between hard top and convertible and due to this it held it's residual value better than the Porsche Boxster.

I don't believe that, There are 1000's and 1000's of 350z about plus the imports.

The two 350z's I've owned have both held the road at really high speeds much better than my 370z. A lot of 370z owners will deny this, but it's true. I've no axe to grind - I'd love my 370 to have the handling of a 350 - gives you far more confidence.

I dare say someone will pop in to disagree with me :)

The two 350z's I've owned have both held the road at really high speeds much better than my 370z. A lot of 370z owners will deny this, but it's true. I've no axe to grind - I'd love my 370 to have the handling of a 350 - gives you far more confidence.

I dare say someone will pop in to disagree with me

Read the book "The Z Car Story by Brian Long" and It explains the aerodynamics that went into the Zed, in particular

the ground effect that they incorporated into it to make it stable at high speeds. :thumbs:

I dare say someone will pop in to disagree with me

Read the book "The Z Car Story by Brian Long" and It explains the aerodynamics that went into the Zed, in particular

the ground effect that they incorporated into it to make it stable at high speeds. :thumbs:

The bloke who designed the 370z did not read that book - fact.

• Like 1

The site: 'how many left' quotes over two thousand sold in '04 and again in '05, with 1.5k and 1.1k in '06/'07. A peak of 7825 were taxed or sorn'd in '09.

So it looks like the guy from Nissan was mistaken.

I just did the same thing :lol:

http://www.howmanyle...cle/nissan_350z

Followed this link (Thanks, Mikesding!) and it if you click on the other tabs, it seems there's a diesel 350 out there ! :scare: Does anyone know anything about this or is it a DVLA mistake regstering it wrong?

• Like 1

Id get someone to look at your 370z, the handling is certainly different and the 350 is more raw, heavy and one could say engaging but only because you are aware of more technology involved in the process with the 370. but i certainly wouldn't say the 370 doesnt hold the road at high speed as well as the 350, the opposite in fact but i guess each car can be different and its a personal opinion. I love em both but in different ways but i know where im happier.

Id get someone to look at your 370z, the handling is certainly different and the 350 is more raw, heavy and one could say engaging but only because you are aware of more technology involved in the process with the 370. but i certainly wouldn't say the 370 doesnt hold the road at high speed as well as the 350, the opposite in fact but i guess each car can be different and its a personal opinion. I love em both but in different ways but i know where im happier.

Hmm - maybe you're right - I've never kerbed it, but I bought it secondhand, so maybe I need a 4-wheel alignment done. Having said that, When the 370z first came out I had one for a day, from Marshall Nissan, and I had exactly the same lack of confidence at higher speed, which is why I held back from buying one for 2 years.

One thing i did find was the 370 seems far more likely to tram line. My 350 never did that, always one thing i loved about it. i found it occurred with even a slight variation in tyre pressure. A decent set of michelins and all tyres at a pressure of 35 and the problem vanished. That may help.

I noticed slight tram lining last week and mentioned it to sly at kaizer motors. He did a four wheel alignment with the hawk eye system and the car Felt much much better and has since behaved impecably over the 800 miles i did this weekend over all kinds of roads in wales. No tram lining what so ever and it held the road at rapid speed.

Edited by Will370z

The site: 'how many left' quotes over two thousand sold in '04 and again in '05, with 1.5k and 1.1k in '06/'07. A peak of 7825 were taxed or sorn'd in '09.

So it looks like the guy from Nissan was mistaken.

Perhaps he rounded down and missed remembered a Zero from when he read it? 7825/7 = 1118 which is about 1000 rounding down...

One thing i did find was the 370 seems far more likely to tram line. My 350 never did that, always one thing i loved about it. i found it occurred with even a slight variation in tyre pressure. A decent set of michelins and all tyres at a pressure of 35 and the problem vanished. That may help.

I noticed slight tram lining last week and mentioned it to sly at kaizer motors. He did a four wheel alignment with the hawk eye system and the car Felt much much better and has since behaved impecably over the 800 miles i did this weekend over all kinds of roads in wales. No tram lining what so ever and it held the road at rapid speed.

Yes - I also feel that the 370z steering is quite a lot lighter at higher speeds than the 350z. This doesn't help, in my opinion.

The Silver ones attract flies, massive flies.

Every time I approach it to drive it, home, work, a mates 100 miles away, the front of the bonnet has at least half a dozen enormous flies on it.

Very odd.

Maybe they think it's the most attractive colour - or maybe they think it's sh!t. Who knows? Personally, if I were a fly I'd feel most at home on those rusty colour ones.

Don't think you're special - they park themselves on my silver one too.